pixeltracker

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates- Page 5

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates

Criticaldarling
#100Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/29/19 at 12:26pm

I rushed on 4/23, arrived around 5:30am, and got a house right orchestra seat.  They appeared to have ~15-20 rush tix, and people who started queuing at 7am didn't make the cut.  When I went to the show, I saw they did end up offering SRO.

Relevance81491
#101Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/30/19 at 10:32am

just realized the line would've been a great place to watch the nominations!  Did anyone do it today?

reyannalisa
#102Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/30/19 at 11:41am

Lined up for the rush line, Saturday April 27th at 6 on the dot. I was around 20th in line. The evening show sold out quickly and by the time I was inside, the person before me got the last full view ticket for the matinee. I was offered partial view box seats, but I asked about full view, full price tickets. Ended up in Row D, on the far house left side for $109. It was a great deal, but I do hope to see the show from a little farther back. Anyone rushing either Thurs, Fri or Sat? I'd love to go again. If anyone wants to rush with me , let me know! Or if anyone is rushing super early one of those days and could get 2 tickets, I'd be willing to pay for both.

Made.in.oregon
#103Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/1/19 at 7:38am

Got to the rush line at little before 6am and am 15th in line for Wed,May 1st. Within 5 minutes, 5 people got in line behind me and by 730, 30 people are already in line total. Will post again at 10am with an update

Made.in.oregon
#104Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/1/19 at 10:57am

Update! By 9am, the line had over 50 people. I was 15-16 in line and managed to get a matinee no problem. I got the last full view ticket. When I left they had just a few left for both the matinee and evening show, but they were single partial view tickets. I got there at 6am. My ticket is Orchestra left E11

magictodo123
#105Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 5:14am

If I got there between 2-4am, do you think I’d get a ticket on a Sunday?

Criticaldarling
#106Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 7:05am

Seeing it again. Arrived at 5:40, about 9th or 10th in line. No one else arrived until 6:40. As of 7am, about 17 in line. I think arriving by 4am is more than enough.

Criticaldarling
#107Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 10:18am

Only had 6-8 rush today, so those went to folks who arrived btwn 2-4. Hard to guess this one.

Danielle49
#108Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 10:22am

Gee. Still kicking myself for not buying balcony tickets when they first went on sale. I only had it in my budget to pay full price for either this or Oklahoma!, and I went for Oklahoma!. I may have to pull the trigger on a $119 seat for this one.

Anyone had luck with standing room lately?

dmrockon092 Profile Photo
dmrockon092
#109Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 1:38pm

Did it work out for you? 

juliahamilton
#110Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/2/19 at 10:59pm

I’m going to rush on Saturday (for the matinee) or maybe Sunday. Anyone interested in joining forces (I only need one ticket)? When do you think it’s good to arrive?

corbucketty
#111Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/3/19 at 12:23pm

juliahamilton said: "I’m going to rush on Saturday (for the matinee) or maybe Sunday. Anyone interested in joining forces (I only need one ticket)? When do you think it’s good to arrive?"

I’ve heard of people getting there at 2-3am! so I think about there would be the safe bet.

thoroughlymodernbilly
#112Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/3/19 at 4:24pm

I tried rushing this morning! Got there at 5:30 am and was 11th in line. I would estimate there were 40-50 people lined up by the time the box office opened. 

I believe they only had 2-4 rush tickets for tonight's show. (By the time the third person got up to the window, they were already out.) First person in line got there at 1:30 am! They were still selling mezz and balcony seats, but I just opted to rush Ferryman instead and got an orch seat no problem. 

brando193
#113Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/3/19 at 4:44pm

Is there a separate line that forms for Standing Room in that case? Really just in general, are there separate lines for Standing room vs. rush or are they the same line to start?

brando193
#114Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/4/19 at 8:38am

Also how many SRO seats are available when the show is sold out? 20?

phangirllnd
#115Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/4/19 at 11:22pm

Rushed this morning 05/04/19. Got there at 4:45am and there were about 18 people in front of me. Some people had been sleeping out. By 10am the line was at least 50 people deep. By the time we got to the door, rush tickets were all gone so I would say they had between 10 and 20 depending on how many each person bought (though I think most were getting single tickets). When we got to the counter they were offering $99 partial view box seats. Weirdly enough I was pretty sure we were going to be offered box seats which I didn't want and so I checked ticketmaster and they had two left orchestra tickets (Row R) for $99 a piece so I snatched those up. This theater is so small compared to many of the others, so it still felt very intimate. There were 4 people doing standing room behind my section (not sure if they have them other sections). Definitely a sold out show though.

phangirllnd
#116Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/4/19 at 11:27pm

Also those rush tickets were for both the 2PM and 8PM show, so probably 10 tickets a piece if that.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#117Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/4/19 at 11:52pm

6 tickets a show. All on opposite sides but in the same row. Same seats for each preformence. Orch C ends, Orch L ends and Two opposite sides boxes. No one was seated together

corbucketty
#118Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 11:28am

Yesterday we got there at 11:30pm after seeing a show the night before (easier than going home and coming back). We were three people and getting four for the evening and two for the matinee. Someone showed up about twenty minutes later and was getting two for the matinee. The next people showed up at 1:40am and got two for the evening. I don’t know if anyone after them got rush but I know they did.

Seats for rush were row C and L all the way off to the sides and one seat in each box. Same for matinee and evening. There were no pairs, only singles. Our group was split up.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#119Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 11:45am

Does anyone know if SRO is selling as early as the morning, or is it taking the day to sell out and people are coming back in the afternoon?

corbucketty
#120Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 1:56pm

BJR said: "Does anyone know if SRO is selling as early as the morning, or is it taking the day to sell out and people are coming back in the afternoon?"

last night, our friend who was seeing it with us was waiting for SRO up until very close to showtime.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#121Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:09pm

corbucketty said: "Yesterday we got there at 11:30pm after seeing a show the night before (easier than going home and coming back). We were three people and getting four for the evening and two for the matinee. Someone showed up about twenty minutes later and was getting two for the matinee. The next people showed up at 1:40am and got two for the evening. I don’t know if anyone after them got rush but I know they did.

Seats for rush were row C and L all the way off to the sides and one seat in each box. Same for matinee and evening. There were no pairs, only singles. Our group was split up.
"

I’m sorry, but thats both crazy and dangerous. No rush ticket is worth waiting 12.5 hours for. In doing a basic time-benefit analysis of working a minimum wage job, you could of earned $187.5 in that time, which is more the a standard ticket. It is not something to be proud of, nor beneficial to anyone including yourself. People like you are the reason why shows end up having to switch from rush to a lottery system such as Kinky Boots and Aladdin because you become a liability to the theater owners. Thus hurting many people’s chances of seeing a show at a discounted rate since lotteries don’t guarantee a seat compared to a rush. I get showing up at maybe 5 am for a really hot ticket, but sleeping  overnight causes everyone to loose. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#122Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:47pm

bdn223 said: "corbucketty said: "Yesterday we got there at 11:30pm after seeing a show the night before (easier than going home and coming back). We were three people and getting four for the evening and two for the matinee. Someone showed up about twenty minutes later and was getting two for the matinee. The next people showed up at 1:40am and got two for the evening. I don’t know if anyone after them got rush but I know they did.

"

I’m sorry, but thats both crazy and dangerous. No rush ticket is worth waiting 12.5 hoursfor. In doing a basic time-benefit analysis of working a minimum wage job, you could of earned $187.5 in that time, which is more the a standard ticket. It is not something to be proud of, nor beneficial to anyone including yourself. People like you are the reason why shows end up having to switch from rush to a lottery system such asKinky Boots and Aladdin because you become a liability to the theater owners. Thus hurting many people’s chances of seeing a show at a discounted rate since lotteries don’t guarantee a seat compared to a rush. I get showing up at maybe 5 am for a really hot ticket, but sleeping overnight causes everyone to loose.
"

Oh, please. Get off your soapbox. Is it ridiculous that people are waiting an obscene amount of time, sure but if it is their day off, what do you care? It likely would have cost more money that that for a ticket anyway. 

I have waited an obscene amount of time twice. Once for Hedwig when NPH was in it (got in line at 7:30AM but they didn’t sell rush until around an hour and a half before curtain) and for Hello, Dolly! with Bette, a few months after it opened I got there at 2:00AM. Did I WANT to wait that long? No, but I was visiting, I had the time and more importantly, I couldn’t afford it otherwise. I met some great people both times, whom I still keep in contact with and had fantastic evenings at the theatre. 

Also, there is literally nothing “dangerous” about being in Times Square at night, there were constantly people around and there were cops all over. I did not feel uneasy once.

Please try to be a little nicer and a little less miserable, you’ll feel better and it may even help our crazy world out. Food for thought.

nooneelse2
#123Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:48pm

bdn223 said: "corbucketty said: "Yesterday we got there at 11:30pm after seeing a show the night before (easier than going home and coming back). We were three people and getting four for the evening and two for the matinee. Someone showed up about twenty minutes later and was getting two for the matinee. The next people showed up at 1:40am and got two for the evening. I don’t know if anyone after them got rush but I know they did.

"

I’m sorry, but thats both crazy and dangerous. No rush ticket is worth waiting 12.5 hoursfor. In doing a basic time-benefit analysis of working a minimum wage job, you could of earned $187.5 in that time, which is more the a standard ticket. It is not something to be proud of, nor beneficial to anyone including yourself. People like you are the reason why shows end up having to switch from rush to a lottery system such asKinky Boots and Aladdin because you become a liability to the theater owners. Thus hurting many people’s chances of seeing a show at a discounted rate since lotteries don’t guarantee a seat compared to a rush. I get showing up at maybe 5 am for a really hot ticket, but sleeping overnight causes everyone to loose.
"

what else are people supposed to do? not everyone can afford to pay that much money for 1 ticket. if the show is popular, inevitably, there will be longer rush lines

corbucketty
#124Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:52pm

"

"

If you’re going to drag me, at least do your math right. I waited for ten and a half hours, not twelve and a half.  I did this on my day off, so no I really didn’t spend the time I could have spent working on sitting in the rush line. Rush doesn’t guarantee you a seat no matter what, so if you’re done complaining because I showed up early while doing a whirlwind weekend with a friend visiting from out of town and wanted to give us the absolute best chances of getting us all tickets, then you can be on your way. Have a great day!

Updated On: 5/5/19 at 02:52 PM