pixeltracker

Who you like 2020 Dems- Page 20

Who you like 2020 Dems

UncleCharlie
#475Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/17/20 at 11:18pm

Highland Guy said: "And Joe takes Florida and Illinois"

And Arizona. Clean sweep. This race is over. Joe's delegate lead is insurmountable. Hopefully Bernie sees the writing on the wall and does the right thing sooner rather than later.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#476Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/18/20 at 10:42am

Wow...the counter-revolution upended the revolution.  Who woulda thunk it?

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#477Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/19/20 at 12:27pm

" Not liked because he's not one of the boys?  The only consistent politician for all this time.  In this country that is the level of greatness.  I put him on a standard with Jimmy Carter. "

I would presume he is not liked because he seems like a cranky old man. You can disagree with people and still like them personally but I don't think Bernie is one of those guys. As for greatness, we will agree to disagree. There has been no great American politicians IMO in my lifetime but there have been moments of greatness in some. For example, JFK saying "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" called people to service and created the Peace Corps. He also inspired a nation to explore space and the country reached his goal. Ronald Reagan telling Mr. Gorbachev to "tear down that wall" and the collapse of the Berlin Wall due to that was a moment of greatness. I think the things I mentioned are more about greatness than being consistent with your political positions.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#478Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/19/20 at 12:36pm

yankeefan7 said: Ronald Reagan telling Mr. Gorbachev to "tear down that wall" and the collapse of the Berlin Wall due to that was a moment of greatness."

Gorbachev was the hero in that situation. He had to battle or assuage forces on all sides to manage a relatively peaceful end to the Soviet Union. Certainly the greatest political leader in my lifetime. Too bad his successors squandered the opportunity he created for Russia. 

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#479Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/19/20 at 12:54pm

" Gorbachev was the hero in that situation. He had to battle or assuage forces on all sides to manage a relatively peaceful end to the Soviet Union. Certainly the greatest political leader in my lifetime. Too bad his successors squandered the opportunity he created for Russia.  "

Will agree to disagree, even political foes of Reagan gave him all the credit in that moment.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#480Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/19/20 at 1:46pm

Gabbard has dropped out and endorsed Biden

Non sibi sed patriae

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#481Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/22/20 at 2:17pm

Governor Cuomo is showing he is much more a leader than two old men like Biden and Bernie.

Highland Guy
#482Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/22/20 at 6:27pm

yankeefan7 said: "Governor Cuomo is showing he is much more a leader than two old men like Biden and Bernie."

Not old.  SUPER  CITIZENS !!

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 3/22/20 at 06:27 PM

UncleCharlie
#483Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/23/20 at 6:41am

yankeefan7 said: "Governor Cuomo is showing he is much more a leader than two old men like Biden and Bernie."

You may not be aware of this, but neither Biden nor Bernie is president right now. Biden is a civilian so not sure if you somehow believe he should be on TV everyday holding press conferences to issue orders to state and federal agencies on what to do. Here's what Biden is saying. Sounds like nine months from now, he'll be a fine leader.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/joe-biden-trump-coronavirus-response/index.html

The most apt comparison if you want to make any comparison at all is of course Cuomo to Trump. But you're not going to make that comparison now, are you? Fortunately, these kind folks did it for you.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/andrew-cuomo-press-conferences/index.html

Oh, and i know how you looooove to point out someone's verbal gaffes every chance you get so here's something I know you will enjoy with my compliments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-AMWHnpnyM/

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#484Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/23/20 at 9:08am

" You may not be aware of this, but neither Biden nor Bernie is president right now. Biden is a civilian so not sure if you somehow believe he should be on TV everyday holding press conferences to issue orders to state and federal agencies on what to do. Here's what Biden is saying. Sounds like nine months from now, he'll be a fine leader. "

No I am not aware of anything, I need you and all your wisdom to enlighten me - lol. I said Cuomo was getting good marks for his leadership so far . Please show me any time Bernie has done anything in his life as a human being that showed leadership. As for Biden,did he show great leadership in 2009 during the swine flu? You are so smart, tell me how many people died before Obama/Biden called it an emergency.

" The most apt comparison if you want to make any comparison at all is of course Cuomo to Trump. But you're not going to make that comparison now, are you? Fortunately, these kind folks did it for you. "

Yes, lots of people have been saying Cuomo has been better than Trump. Ok, no problem. That being said, Cuomo has complimented Trump for all his help so far and so has Governor Newsom (Calif). You are aware that both are liberal and not big fans of Trump.

" Oh, and i know how you looooove to point out someone's verbal gaffes every chance you get so here's something I know you will enjoy with my compliments. "

I know you don't remember all my wonderful posts but I admitted all politicians make verbal mistakes. It is very hard not to do with all the times you speak in front of the public. Once again, it is not just me who has said Biden is a "gaffe" machine all these years. Saying Biden is not a gaffe machine is like me saying Bush (43) was an eloquent speaker - lmao.

P.S. - Enjoy Biden's latest speech - lol

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/joe-biden-stumbles-over-words-during-coronavirus-speech/

Updated On: 3/23/20 at 09:08 AM

UncleCharlie
#485Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/23/20 at 4:58pm

yankeefan7 said: "Yes, lots of people have been saying Cuomo has been better than Trump. Ok, no problem. That being said, Cuomo has complimented Trump for all his help so far and so has Governor Newsom (Calif). You are aware that both are liberal and not big fans of Trump."

And you are aware Trump has complimented and praised both of them as well, and done so barely a week after excoriating both of them? By your standards what does that make Trump? Senile? Delusional? A victim of early onset Alzheimer's? I think Cuomo and Newsome have both been clear that they're no fans of Trump but now is the time to put partisanship aside and work together to fight this. They took a very mature approach and thankfully, and maybe shockingly, Trump followed their lead. Cuomo and Newsome understand they need aid from the federal government but Trump also understands the governors are on the front line fighting this and their success makes him look good as well.

Of course, taking a mature approach to that didn't stop Trump from verbally assaulting an NBC reporter on Friday who merely asked him what he had to say to Americans who were scared by what's happening. The ultimate softball question for a president to use to reassure a worried nation. A question that Pence had no problem handling a short time later in the same news conference. Instead Trump told the guy he was a terrible reporter and that was a nasty question, a response that horrified the others gathered in the room and shocked almost everyone who has seen it. Such great leadership. Or last night talking about the economic stimulus bill on TV, spending not an insignificant amount of time using it to remind everyone multiple times of how many billions he gave up by becoming president but that he doesn't mind which will be heartwarming to people who've been laid off and have no freaking idea how they're going to pay their rent on April 1. Such magnificent leadership. LOL, indeed. And just FYI. Trump is every bit the gaffe machine that Biden is. The only difference is Biden corrects his mistakes and laughs at himself while Trump tries to gaslight you into actually believing he meant to say slock rocket or intertroopen or "oranges" of an investigation. 

Listen, you're just interested in taking cheap shots at the Democratic candidates and Democrats in general using tired right wing tropes and talking points whenever you can. We can see that. There could have been no other motivation to make your comment yesterday about Bernie and Biden out of the blue. At least own it. Your little song and dance about not being a Trumpster but not crazy about either likely candidate and still thinking thru what you'll do at "gametime" is not fooling anyone. Just so you know.

Updated On: 3/23/20 at 04:58 PM

Highland Guy
#486Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/23/20 at 5:53pm

Meanwhile......

Bernie won the "Americans Abroad Primary"

Non sibi sed patriae

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#487Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/23/20 at 10:21pm

" And you are aware Trump has complimented and praised both of them as well, and done so barely a week after excoriating both of them? "

Yes and I mentioned Cuomo has been getting good marks about his leadership. Interesting, have you ever said a good thing about Trump or Pence ? Don't bother to reply, I know the answer.

"Listen, you're just interested in taking cheap shots at the Democratic candidates and Democrats in general using tired right wing tropes and talking points whenever you can. We can see that. There could have been no other motivation to make your comment yesterday about Bernie and Biden out of the blue. At least own it. Your little song and dance about not being a Trumpster but not crazy about either likely candidate and still thinking thru what you'll do at "gametime" is not fooling anyone. Just so you know. "

My my and you never take cheap shots at Republicans or Conservatives - lol. Seems to me you are the one that thinks every one of them is stupid, racist, homophobic and sexist. I could care less if you don't believe me, I have no illusions of trying to convince you of anything.

" Of course, taking a mature approach to that didn't stop Trump from verbally assaulting an NBC reporter on Friday who merely asked him what he had to say to Americans who were scared by what's happening.

Once again, look back at my posts and I said I did not like his actions which include his tweets.

" And just FYI. Trump is every bit the gaffe machine that Biden is. The only difference is Biden corrects his mistakes and laughs at himself while Trump tries to gaslight you into actually believing he meant to say slock rocket or intertroopen or "oranges" of an investigation.  "

Whatever. This has been going on with Biden for how many years now? This is not a new thing just happening in 2020. Really, I did not hear Biden correct his mistake about 150 million people being killed by gun violence in US since 2007. Did you really believe the story Biden try to make everyone believe about him being arrested in South Africa when confronted? Finally, the press would cream Trump if he made as many gaffes as Biden. Going on any further about this with you is useless.

carnzee
#488Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/24/20 at 8:36am

But... Trump does make as many gaffes as Biden, if not more. Only many of them aren't gaffes, but intentional lies.

UncleCharlie
#489Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/24/20 at 3:45pm

carnzee said: "But... Trump does make as many gaffes as Biden, if not more. Only many of them aren't gaffes, but intentional lies. "

Well, if you're going to consider Trump's many gaffes and then add all his intentional lies to that, that probably adds up to more words than Biden has spoken in his life.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#490Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/25/20 at 2:13pm

While I still fear for a Biden campaign you against Trumps and I still beleive it may be a mistake, Bernie needs to end things. It’s over man, it ain’t happening, we need to do EVERYTHING we can to stop trump. So much can be done right now to show how he is beyond incapable of President and this is affecting all Americans so we may be able to actually win this. Love ya Bernie and I wish things were going your way, but please drop out and support Biden for the general now. While I think a debate in a time of a crisis could he an opportunity for some creativity I don’t see it with these 2 and their past debate performances. It’ll be the same thing we all know about each candidate.

You all know I love Bernie to death and I support him and what he stands for and has fought for all his life, but it isn’t happening this year sadly. Focus on the general and send your $ and workers towards Joe, and try and pressure him into picking Liz for his VP since Joe is making sure EVERYBODY knows he’s choosing a female, cause that’s what an in-touch person would do, make sure people know they are doing the “progressive” thing rather than just doing it. Sigh, Biden has my support 1000% however and I’ll fight like hell to get him in the White House. Just keep him away from a Microphone

Highland Guy
#491Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/25/20 at 4:20pm

I think I have this right......

The following have postponed their Primaries:     Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island

Non sibi sed patriae

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#492Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/25/20 at 6:19pm

Highland Guy said: "I think I have this right......

The following have postponed their Primaries: Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island
"

I'm from RI. Governor announced today. We were originally scheduled for 4/28. postponing to 6/2 and encouraging everyone to vote by mail. You can download a mail ballot application or wait and the state will send out applications to all registered voters.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#493Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/26/20 at 12:12am

Mike Barrett said: "While I still fear for a Biden campaign you against Trumps and I still beleive it may be a mistake, Bernie needs to end things. It’s over man, it ain’t happening, we need to do EVERYTHING we can to stop trump. So much can be done right now to show how he is beyond incapable of President and this is affecting all Americans so we may be able to actually win this. Love ya Bernie and I wish things were going your way, but please drop out and support Biden for the general now. While I think a debate in a time of a crisis could he an opportunity for some creativity I don’t see it with these 2 and their past debate performances. It’ll be the same thing we all know about each candidate.

You all know I love Bernie to death and I support him and what he stands for and has fought for all his life, but it isn’t happening this year sadly. Focus on the general and send your $ and workers towards Joe, and try and pressure him into picking Liz for his VP since Joe is making sure EVERYBODY knows he’s choosing a female, cause that’s what an in-touch person would do, make sure people know they are doing the “progressive” thing rather than just doing it. Sigh, Biden has my support 1000% however and I’ll fight like hell to get him in the White House. Just keep him away from a Microphone
"

This may surprise you, but I am glad Bernie is staying in for now. That’s for a few reasons:

1) Once one candidate remains, Trump’s attention will return to him with a fury. 
2) The less time Trump has to focus his people on that candidate, the better.

3) If Bertie drops out tomorrow, I worry that Trump will lose focus on the pandemic and start focusing on Biden more. I mean, he’s done a horrible job, but we still need the White House laser focused on the pandemic  

4) I think if Bernie stays in a little longer and Biden’s lead becomes even more insurmountable, maybe just maybe more of Bernie’s supporters will see that as much as they wanted Sanders as the nominee, he just doesn’t have the majority behind him. Maybe just maybe they’ll make the adult to support the eventual nominee. 

UncleCharlie
#494Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/26/20 at 3:59pm

Miles2Go2 said: "This may surprise you, but I am glad Bernieis staying in for now. That’s for a few reasons:

1) Once one candidate remains, Trump’s attention will return to himwith a fury.
2) The less time Trump has to focus his people on that candidate, the better.

3) If Bertie drops out tomorrow, I worry that Trump will losefocus on the pandemic and start focusing on Biden more. I mean, he’s done a horrible job, but we still need the White House laser focused on the pandemic

4) I think if Bernie stays in a little longer and Biden’s lead becomes even more insurmountable, maybe just maybe more of Bernie’s supporters will see that as much as they wanted Sanders as the nominee, he just doesn’t have the majority behind him. Maybe just maybe they’ll make the adult to support the eventual nominee.
"

I'm sure Trump can see as we all can, Biden will be the candidate and I would imagine he's realized this for some time. His full attention already is and will be devoted to Biden and the activities of his son and he's not going to waste any time bothering with Bernie whether Bernie stays in the race or not. Trump however, is not likely to lose focus on the pandemic as he understands he needs to deal with it to get the economy and the stock market back to where it was which is the only real "achievement" he has to run on. He knows an economy in recession is the biggest threat to his re-election. That's why he's desperately trying to "wish" the virus away with this Easter reopening nonsense. I'm much more worried about him sacrificing lives by relaxing restrictions prematurely to improve the economy than I am his focusing attacks on Biden.

Updated On: 3/26/20 at 03:59 PM

FindingNamo
#495Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/26/20 at 6:53pm

YOU'RE NOT WISHING HARD ENOUGH!

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#496Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 3/28/20 at 2:00pm

The New York primary has been officially postponed. Originally happening on April 28th, it will now be on June 23rd. 

Highland Guy
#497Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 4/4/20 at 10:23pm

Never mind

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 4/5/20 at 10:23 PM

Highland Guy
#498Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 4/6/20 at 4:06pm

The Democratic Governor of Wisconsin has postponed tomorrow's Primary until June because of COVID-19.  Republicans are trying to reverse his decision.

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#499Who you like 2020 Dems
Posted: 4/8/20 at 11:31am

"Thank You" to Senator Sanders for suspending his campaign.  Now, it's time to send President Joe Biden to the Oval Office.

Non sibi sed patriae