pixeltracker

COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!

COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#1COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/29/19 at 6:13pm

Sutton Foster, Skylar Astin, Sierra Boggess, and More Join INTO THE WOODS at the Hollywood Bowl

Sutton Foster, Skylar Astin, Sierra Boggess, and More Join INTO THE WOODS at the Hollywood Bowl

It was announced today that a ton of Broadway names will join the starry Hollywood Bowl staging of INTO THE WOODS. Joining the previously announced Gaten Matarazzo, Patina Miller, Whoopi Goldberg, and Shanice Williams are Skylar Astin as The Baker, Sierra Bogges as Cinderella, Chris Carmack as Rapunzel's Prince, Anthony Crivello as Mysterious Man, Sutton Foster as The Baker's Wife, Cheyenne Jackson as Cinderella's Prince/The Wolf, and Hailey Kilgore as Rapunzel.

Into the Woods will be directed and choreographed by Tony nominee Robert Longbottom and conducted by Kevin Stites, who will also serve as musical director.

The Hollywood Bowl will be transformed into an enchanted world of magic beans, towering giants, and handsome princes. As the Baker and his Wife travel through the forest trying to reverse a witch's curse, they come across Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and other iconic storybook characters, all in search of their own wishes...but "happily ever after" turns into a tale of "be careful what you wish for," when granted wishes have unexpected effects. This is Sondheim at his finest, with such memorable songs as "Children Will Listen" and "No One Is Alone."

Into the Woods will have three performances at the Hollywood Bowl this summer - Friday, July 26, at 8PM; Saturday, July 27, at 8PM; and Sunday, July 28, at 7:30PM. Individual tickets are now on sale.

broadwaybabywannabe2
#2COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/29/19 at 6:14pm

I got my tickets!!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/29/19 at 7:02pm

This is the greatest casting I've ever seen for a show. WOW!!!

Wildcard
#4COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/29/19 at 8:09pm

Looks like the Bowl's website has crashed. I keep getting kicked out 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#5COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/29/19 at 8:27pm

Can this come to New York? COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#6COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 1:38am

I’ve said for years that Sutton would be a fabulous Baker’s Wife. I so wish I could see this.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#7COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 2:05am

I think Sutton and Skylar are a bad match, but am excited about this cast otherwise.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 2:13am

NOWaWarning said: "I think Sutton and Skylar are a bad match, but am excited about this cast otherwise."

Yup, she's the Baker's mom. 

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#9COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 4:03am

blaxx said: "NOWaWarning said: "I think Sutton and Skylar are a bad match, but am excited about this cast otherwise."

Yup, she's the Baker's mom.
"

Agreed, she and the Baker are supposed to be old. Their story is them trying to conceive. Sutton’s Wife will look like a cougar.

Updated On: 5/30/19 at 04:03 AM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#10COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 4:22am

He's 30 and she's 45. She's now a puma!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#11COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 8:16am

I’ve always wanted to see John Cameron Mitchell as The Baker.

broadwaybabywannabe2
#12COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 8:45am

NOWaWarning said: "I think Sutton and Skylar are a bad match, but am excited about this cast otherwise."

People people, calm down here...you must remember the Bowl seats 18,000 people so there is no chance any aged features of our stars will show to 3/4 of that audience...it's the voices they went for and i for one CANNOT WAIT!!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#13COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 8:48am

I keep reading the subject line as if the title is “Bowl Into the Woods.” And I think, you lose a lot of balls that way. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#14COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 8:49am

Supposed to be OLD?   You do know lots of people can't conceive - it's not an age thing.  And of course, the reason they can't is because he's cursed.  So AGE has little to do with it.

That being said, the ages can vary quite a bit for the Baker and his wife.  But as pointed out, at the Bowl, age barely matters.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#15COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 5/30/19 at 9:59am

TotallyEffed said: "I’ve always wanted to see John Cameron Mitchell as The Baker."

His "Giants In The Sky" is my favorite rendition of that song, so I'd honestly take him as an ironic super-old but thinks he's young Jack anyday. He'd also be quite well suited to play the douchey Prince Charming.

This show is in a barn-size auditorium, and Sutton played a 26 year old on tv quite recently - I think she's be fine. Agree that Skylar could look a little younger next to her, but hello - that's why they have this thing called MAKEUP.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

natashalost
#16COMPLETE CAST FOR BOWL INTO THE WOODS!!
Posted: 7/8/19 at 11:24am

Rehearsals began this week and still no news of who will play certain roles, including the Narrator, Florinda, Lucinda, Stepmother, Cinderella's Father, and more. Anyone happen to know the additional actors in these roles?

Updated On: 7/8/19 at 11:24 AM