pixeltracker

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22 - Page 20

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#475COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/25/19 at 10:18am

You had me at Trap Doors, ha. I love that. I love that Elliot leans in hard to the tech aspects when she directs. Angels was a marvel. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#476COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/25/19 at 9:07pm

I think we should have announcement tomorrow or Tuesday.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#477COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/25/19 at 9:14pm

I sure hope so!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#478COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 1:30pm

Anyone hear anything yet? I’m so excited to hear an official announcement

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#479COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 1:32pm

steven22 said: "Anyone hear anything yet? I’m so excited to hear an official announcement"

This is not official but during the On Stage 2019-2020 preview this weekend, they mentioned Company as an upcoming revival.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#480COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 1:57pm

All this teasing and yet still no official announcement. COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#481COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:15pm

Jordan Roth is no dummy, I think he’s clearly trying to wait for the Caroline transfer excitement to wane. I also assume he wants to be the only major announcement of the day.

Updated On: 8/26/19 at 02:15 PM

OhHiii
#482COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:24pm

ljay889 said: "Jordan Roth is no dummy, I think he’s clearly trying to wait for the Caroline transferexcitement to wane. I also assume he wants to be the only major announcement of the day."

Since when has Jordan Roth had anything to do with it?

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#483COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:26pm

Early reports were that he was taking trips to London frequently to scout out the show. There was a rumor that he's partner with Shubert like he did with Angels In America to produce it. 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#484COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:32pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Early reports were that he was taking trips to London frequently to scout out the show. There was a rumor that he's partner with Shubert like he did with Angels In America to produce it."

Correct!

OhHiii
#485COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:33pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Early reports were that he was taking trips to London frequently to scout out the show. There was a rumor that he's partner with Shubert like he did with Angels In America to produce it."

Hadestown was playing at the same time in London which would explain that. He's not attached to Company.

YvanEhtNioj
#486COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 2:36pm

OhHiii said: "Hadestown was playing at the same time in London which would explain that. He's not attached to Company."

**Shurgs** I don't make the news, I just report it.

lol Regardless, an official announcement would be nice. 

Updated On: 8/26/19 at 02:36 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#487COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 3:02pm

So far, the only "news" has been gossip from anonymous people in this thread. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an announcement that may come in days, weeks, or months. It's not even September. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

MadsonMelo
#488COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 3:09pm

Talking about announcements in general, how late do we usually get announcements for spring openings? December? 

Do we ever get to the point of shows only announcing in January or even after?

YvanEhtNioj
#489COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 3:11pm

Kad said: "So far, the only "news" has been gossip from anonymous people in this thread. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an announcement that may come in days, weeks, or months. It's not even September."

*I don't make the gossip, I just report it. lol a little better

90% of this board is  "my friend who works with the hairdresser of this one guy who went to McDonald's for lunch with SJB's dog walker said.." It's fun to speculate a little bit, otherwise a lot of the threads would be pretty dead. 

The waiting is annoying, but also exciting. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#490COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:03pm

MadsonMelo said: "Talking about announcements in general, how late do we usually get announcements for spring openings? December?

Do we ever get to the point of shows only announcing in January or even after?
"

Yes. If I recall, The Visit was announced in Jan for a spring opening. Even Follies (2011) only announced a Broadway run less than 2 months before opening (albeit summer)! To be honest, I imagine these scenarios are for shows that are rushed in or a little delayed getting finances or take advantage of opportune moments to grab theaters. I would be surprised if Company is announced in this fashion. They probably want to get those tickets on sale. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#491COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:12pm

April 26, 2020 will be the 50th anniversary of the opening of the original. I'm already planning on seeing it that day and it hasn't even officially announced yet. lol

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#492COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:20pm

OhHiii said: "[Jordan Roth is] not attached to Company."

Jujamcyn Theaters was the 4th-billed producer of COMPANY in London. The 2nd and 3rd names are also Americans. Whether he is co-Lead Producing the NY engagement or if he was simply a co-producer in London, there is no doubting his involvement in the show.

Presented by Elliott & Harper Productions, Catherine Schreiber, Grove Entertainment, Jujamcyn Theaters, LD Entertainment, David Mirvish, Aged in Wood Productions/Ricardo F. Hornos, Bob Boyett/Tom Miller, Bruno Wang Productions/Salman Al-Rashid, Across the Pond Theatricals/Trio Theatricals, Greek St Productions/Christopher Ketner

YvanEhtNioj
#493COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:28pm

Yaas with the receipts. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#494COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:30pm

Yup, some people refuse to acknowledge facts.

OhHiii
#495COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:31pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "OhHiii said: "[Jordan Roth is] not attached to Company."

Jujamcyn Theaters was the 4th-billed producer of COMPANY in London. The 2nd and3rd names are also Americans. Whether he is co-Lead Producing the NY engagement or if he was simply a co-producer in London, there is no doubting his involvement in the show.

Presented by Elliott & Harper Productions, Catherine Schreiber, Grove Entertainment, Jujamcyn Theaters, LD Entertainment, David Mirvish, Aged in Wood Productions/Ricardo F. Hornos, Bob Boyett/Tom Miller, Bruno Wang Productions/Salman Al-Rashid, Across the Pond Theatricals/Trio Theatricals, Greek St Productions/Christopher Ketner
"

and I...ooop. Stand corrected. All I know is that he is not a decision maker for Broadway.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#496COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/27/19 at 6:41am

As interesting as it sounds I do not think it will sell.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#497COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/29/19 at 4:16pm

The west end Facebook just updated their profile pic with a balloon. I’d say an announcement is imminent.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 8/29/19 at 04:16 PM

aliceripleyofficial Profile Photo
aliceripleyofficial
#498COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/29/19 at 4:18pm

qolbinau said: "Thewest end Facebook just updated their profile pic with a balloon. I’d say an announcement is imminent."

I'm shaking agcadigflugadsfuldskfhdsjdsjgk

aliceripleyofficial Profile Photo
aliceripleyofficial
#499COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/29/19 at 4:18pm

qolbinau said: "Thewest end Facebook just updated their profile pic with a balloon. I’d say an announcement is imminent."

I'm shaking agcadigflugadsfuldskfhdsjdsjgk