pixeltracker

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12 - Page 2

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 10:27am

Rock & Jan we’re definitely my favorites last night and (sorry not sorry) I really loved Sherry and was surprised nobody, even get, clocked the “Big Business” look. I loved it. But now that we’ve met them all, my top 4 are Widow, Jan, Rock & Jackie.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#26RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 11:43am

I skipped last season because I thought the show jumped the shark previously. But I decided to tune in this time for a looksee and was delighted with the first episode. It's back! Then... Sherry F'ng Pie.... and knowing I have to watch this horrible monster happily whooping it up... I don't think I can. It's probably just me, but what she did to her victims was reprehensible and I just can't put my party hat on with her on screen. UGH! 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#27RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 11:56am

Wow, they really put the best queens in the first week, huh? Yikes. Was anyone else totally thrown by how wrinkled and ill-fitting the mini challenge looks were?

I liked Jan, but agreed with Robyn that her energy was nice but “a lot.” She reeks of desperation. I enjoyed Jada, but only once the performance and lip sync started. Frankly, I’d be fine if everyone else went home.

I couldn’t stand Sherry Pie for even a second. I watched the first 10 minutes on VH1 before the allegations and disqualification broke and I was immediately turned off by her. BIG Mimi Imfurst energy, but somehow even more grating. And that lip sync was embarrassing.

Give me the first 7 queens again, please.

Jordan Catalano
#28RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 11:58am

I get it. It’ll be tough especially because they said in their press release she made it to the top 4 so Sherry’s going to be in the entire season. Plus there’s the stuff coming out with Brita now, too. They really are going to need to step their background check game up in the future because (even though they didn’t know about any of this when filming) it’s not a good look.

But I’m going to watch this season like I listen to Michael Jackson music or watch Woody Allen films or old episodes of Roseanne - pay attention to the talent and not the person. We’re in a new world where we know so much about celebrities (and “celebrities”) and I can’t imagine how many people throughout history would have been “cancelled” if the internet existed.

ArtMan
#29RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 12:11pm

Still curious, if anyone knows if Sherry Pie hosted a Sunday afternoon bingo game with another queen at the Ritz, last year? I think it was a weekly gig.  I didn't stay long since it started later than advertised.  She seemed friendly, but I didn't think her jokes were that funny.

Updated On: 3/7/20 at 12:11 PM

ArtMan
#30RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 12:11pm

Updated On: 3/7/20 at 12:11 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#31RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 12:49pm

>and I can’t imagine how many people throughout history would have been “cancelled” if the internet existed.

Mel Gibson beat his wife, spouted the N word at her and is antisemitic as **** and he's been welcomed right back into the fold. There are very few things that stick with you if you go away for a while and then behave when you come back as ****ed up as it is. Sherry will be back doing her regular gigs in a few years...

Stage Door Sally
#32RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/7/20 at 1:12pm

Michael Jackson's on the radio... I turn the channel.... I don't watch Woody Allen or old Kevin Spacey movies anymore, and never did care for Roseanne. Am I in the minority, probably. That's how I roll. 

ETA: Sherry Pie's real name is Joey Gugliemelli. No more hiding behind a stage name.

If you see Joey Gugliemelli, play this clip for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZonyB0j0U

Updated On: 3/9/20 at 01:12 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#33RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/8/20 at 12:35am

I mean, I know we need to trust the victims and support them, so I get it. She's an asshole for what she did, but honestly the Brita thing seems a bit worse to me? It's just interesting to me that everyone jumped on Sherry Pie and cancelled her so quickly, but then the Brita thing happens and everyone's like "Well, I don't know..." 

I get it. But like, you can be naive as you want, but to "get off" on camera for a "casting director?" Like, girl, c'mon. No. I don't care how naive you are. That's just common sense. And sure, praying on the weak isn't a great look either. So I'm torn on that whole topic. Just interesting how quickly she got cancelled for something that isn't a criminal offense. Just a bad personality? 

TheatreFan4
#34RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/8/20 at 1:02am

>So I'm torn on that whole topic. Just interesting how quickly she got cancelled for something that isn't a criminal offense. Just a bad personality? 

She's up to 8 accusors now. She pressured a guy into doing steroids for an entire year without stopping (Which even steroid users will tell you is incredibly dangerous and will have life long effects) to get a role in a movie that did not exist. Not only that but it was somebody Sherry personally knew and hosted a show with every single week. She is pathological and was playing psychological mind games. 

As for Brita? I'm not sure. They've said their piece and she'd said her's. The accuser claims there was texts and messages exchanged. If this is the case I would really like to see them because it would bolster their case. I think people would jump on Brita if people were more forthcoming about it and I wouldn't be shocked if outlets have attempted it. But if nobody is talking and all you have to go on is a single statement that was given months ago there's no more digging you can do and there's nothing to report...

Updated On: 3/8/20 at 01:02 AM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#35RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/9/20 at 12:53am

Appreciate that! That does make it a bit more clear. So she's had 8 people come out about all the bad things, etc. That's pretty awful and just plain weird. Thank you!!

I honestly don't even get what the turn on is? Just control, I guess? Strange. 

Yeah, the Brita thing does seem a bit he said he said, but what can you do. 

Thanks for clarifying! 

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#36RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/9/20 at 1:15pm

Wait what’s happened with Brita?

Jordan Catalano
ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#38RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/9/20 at 5:27pm

The article is very interesting.  The most shocking part is the fact that Ms. Pie is only 27, what in the hell kind of life has she lead that she already looks 45?  I don't really see what purpose it served to behave in a manner like that and try to sabotage fellow "actors".  It's a shame that there isn't a worse punishment than getting kicked off of a reality show...

Stage Door Sally
#39RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/9/20 at 6:16pm

I think if all his victims band together they could make a claim against him, perhaps civil or something more. 

Updated On: 3/9/20 at 06:16 PM

TheatreFan4
#40RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/9/20 at 9:39pm

Lavieboheme3090 said: "Wait what’s happened with Brita?"

Her former drag daughter alleges that one night she woke up with Brita's mouth on her dick and holding poppers up to her nose. Daughter told her to stop and she did. The other version is they were both drunk and getting handsy Brita was going down on her and then the Daughter became lucid and told her to stop and Brita did. Frankly the second version of the story seems to make more sense. Why would you hold poppers up to the nose of someone unconscious when you know damn well that you need to get a big inhale for them to have any effect and can make people lose their hard on which I would think would be very susceptible to someone who is asleep...

Then the daughter claims that Brita stole her Banana Powder and it gets super petty from there. So really the Brita story seems shaky at best.

SouthernCakes
#41RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/10/20 at 3:39pm

That was such an interesting and actually know one of the victims! Very crazy! Why would she even associate herself with the fake casting director? Like how dumb.

Roscoe
#42RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/14/20 at 8:41am

Well, that was kind of interesting.  One of the least talented queens in the history of the show was sent home exactly when she was supposed to go.  Bye bye, Dahlia.  You won't be missed.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

ColorTheHours048
#43RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/14/20 at 9:06am

Talk about bitter. Dahlia’s exit was so indicative of the kind of queen we would have gotten all season: reactive, unable to take criticism, an inflated self-image, and rude. Not sad to see her go. And she was maybe the only queen who, when she first walked in, I said “She won’t be around long.” Lo and behold.

My top 2 would have been Widow and Heidi. Allegations aside, I don’t think anyone on Aiden’s team did well, and - besides the runway - I don’t think Sherry’s performance merited a win. Happy to see VH1 and WOW making amends for her cash bonus and editing her rotted face out of the show as much as possible.

I loved Jan’s runway, but her “golly gee” attitude is unbelievably grating. I need that to come to a head, and fast.

I’m interested to see where this season goes. I’m glad to see the drama and competition beginning in earnest, but that was a clunky episode.

ColorTheHours048
#44RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 9:49pm

That bottom two? RIGA MORRIS, girl. It was RIGA MORRIS.

But Gigi nailed this episode.

ArtMan
#45RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 10:08pm

Was Sherry Pie even in that episode?  It was obvious she's been snipped.  During Untuck, I couldn't even find her .  The queen who "won" the lipsync, should have been the one to leave.  She is so basic.  That last outfit was awful.  She should have been more concerned in what her outfit looked like instead of criticizing Aiden.  She really comes across nasty.  I would never spend money to watch her perform.

ArtMan
#46RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 10:08pm

double

Updated On: 3/20/20 at 10:08 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#47RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 11:10pm

See, I like Brita and like her "spirit." And It Rock'um is really interesting. I think Aiden is pretty basic and not great, but I wonder if they're kind of judging her on a different scale? Like maybe that's "good" for where she's from? Which, I'm not mad it. I just think like Gigi vs. Aiden? Like there's no way Aiden can compete. 

ArtMan
#48RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 11:31pm

Yeah, Aiden will never win.  Her face and mannerisms are kind of interesting, but after one or two episodes more, will become repetitive.  I kind of feel sorry for her,  due to the comments made to her.  Chrystal is kind of attractive without all of the heavy makeup.  Michelle called that one correctly.

Updated On: 3/20/20 at 11:31 PM

Jordan Catalano
#49RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE, SEASON 12
Posted: 3/20/20 at 11:51pm

Nope. F*ck this season. That elimination was garbage and I’m not questioning Ru’s judgement even more than I did during “The Silky Season”.

Videos