SUNDAY postponed in London

Owen22
#1SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 9:25am

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sunday-in-the-park-jake-gyllenhaal_51520.html

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#2SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 9:28am

Everyday feels like a Sunday anyway...

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 9:34am

Postponed. It’s the word I’ve been praying for, as far as this is concerned. I’ve been so worried the whole transfer would just be cancelled altogether, what with Jake’s film schedule (whatever that may look like now) so this is a huge sigh of relief to wake up to today.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#4SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 9:46am

Jordan Catalano said: "Postponed. It’s the word I’ve been praying for, as far as this is concerned. I’ve been so worried the whole transfer would just be cancelled altogether, what with Jake’s film schedule (whatever that may look like now) so this is a huge sigh of relief to wake up to today."

My thoughts exactly. I am excited to revisit this production when it's able to safely start. 

Jordan Catalano
#5SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 10:01am

And of course this is an ATG show so by the time my refunds come through for the performances I bought for June shows, the it may be up and running next year.

Jordan Catalano
#6SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 10:10am

Also, I feel like Jake ended his statement here with a special message to get me even more excited.

“...I hope to see you all in the theatre when this moment has passed. Until then stay safe and don’t worry: the beard will be back. Bigger and burlier than Broadway”

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#7SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 2:36pm

^^^ WOOF.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

schubox
#8SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 3:19pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Postponed. It’s the word I’ve been praying for, as far as this is concerned. I’ve been so worried the whole transfer would just be cancelled altogether, what with Jake’s film schedule (whatever that may look like now) so this is a huge sigh of relief to wake up to today."

My exact thoughts. I was in the process of getting a trip together to go see this when the world fell apart. I was just hoping they would push it so I could still see it.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#9SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 5:00pm

Is Ashford postponing too?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Jordan Catalano
#10SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 5:07pm

She issued her own statement saying she’s looking forward to doing it next year.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#11SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/5/20 at 7:15pm

Just in case anyone is curious, here is an excerpt from the email I received from ATG:

You do not need to do anything right now. We will be contacting all affected customers shortly with a full credit voucher worth the entire cost of your original booking, including all fees. 

You will be the first to be notified with the new season dates and will be able to redeem your voucher against tickets for any future performance of Sunday In The Park With George, as soon as the new booking period for 2021 has been finalised.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#12SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/6/20 at 3:48am

Jake must really feel chemistry with Ashford on that stage but I hope she might have a ‘schedule conflict’ in future so we can see someone else try the part?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jordan Catalano
#13SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/6/20 at 10:45am

Jake has said he’d only do it with her.

schubox
#14SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/6/20 at 10:49am

And I imagine his schedule is probably harder to pin down than hers is

SisterGeorge
#15SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/6/20 at 1:05pm

Jordan Catalano said: "And of course this is an ATG show so by the time my refunds come through for the performances I bought for June shows, the it may be up and running next year."

Of the many tickets i had bought for this week and next in London and Paris (I should be seeing  Timothée as I write this, damn it) all had been refunded quite a while ago except the two ATG shows in London (The Seagull and The Doctor). After three emails, none of them answered, explaining why vouchers wouldn't do me any good, I finally called the # on their website this morning, talked to someone after a short wait, and got a refund right away. (When that credit shows up on my cc statement, of course, is another story.)

Sister George

Owen22
#16SUNDAY postponed in London
Posted: 5/9/20 at 12:01am

This might be getting in the way...

https://viacbs.co/2YGYxES