pixeltracker

Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer

Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer

Shaun Tossell
#1Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/25/20 at 7:48pm

Back to the Future - The Musical director John Rando confirmed the news of a West End transfer in a recent interview. The Adelphi Theatre - June 2021. Watch 35:30-36:50    https://youtu.be/i_AauwAKkwk

Updated On: 7/25/20 at 07:48 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
RumTumJM
#3Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 4:14pm

Think this would ever come to Broadway?

I feel like modern Americans think very highly of that movie & would pay to see that play out in front of them, notably the car effects. (I know the hype out of London was strong.)

If the producers could get the right theater, that can accommodate the full show, this might be something to get people back to the theater, as I see it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 4:47pm

I was so happy to hear this last night. Another casualty of 2020 that I thought I wouldn’t get to see. I tentatively have a number trips to London set for next year (Please Jesus) so I’m extremely excited for this to actually be happening. Hopefully Bart stays with it...

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#5Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 5:17pm

In the aggregated list of top 100 films based on a number of top 100 lists, the original Back to the Future comes in at #69.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#6Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 9:48pm

darquegk said: "In the aggregated list of top 100 films based on a number of top 100 lists, the original Back to the Future comes in at #69."

Nice

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:10pm

I think it’s a smart move to bring this in, maybe even a smart move to open it on broadway at the same time. When broadway is back, as had been said many times, bankable stars and bankable titles are going to be needed to get butts in seats and I can’t think of a more bankable title than this one. Plus it’s a “feel good” show which everyone will be wanting. After this hell we’re in, it’s gonna be a while before people pay $200 to be depressed.

Updated On: 7/26/20 at 10:10 PM

Jarethan
#8Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:40pm

Had this actually opened?  What were its reviews like?

LightsOut90
#9Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:44pm

The "its works" number they released during rehearsals was beyong cringe 

LightsOut90
#10Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:44pm

The "its works" number they released during rehearsals was beyong cringe 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 11:06pm

Looked so horrible, honestly. 

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=2&thread=1117093

Like so many of these, not all movies need to be made into a musical. The majority of the time, it doesn't work. 

Mitch101
#12Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/26/20 at 11:18pm

The reviews were excellent. Mostly raves. Google is your friend.

Loopin’theloop
#13Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 7/27/20 at 4:17pm

It’s a terrible piece of musical theatre but not a bad piece of storytelling. The songs are pointless and bland, you remove almost every single one of them and lose nothing, save for one quite fun chase sequence the characters are never anywhere different at the end of a number than the start. Some of the cast are great, they do impersonations of the original movie cast (the guy doing George McFly is excellent) but it will fall flat when they start to recast and don’t have the time and resources to do with newer actors what they have done here.

The score is truly terrible, that is not an understatement. They sing the movie them. That’s right, they sing it. It has lyrics now...

But as I say it was still an entertaining evening. It would be better as a live version of the movie without the music.

The car is fabulous.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#14Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 8/10/21 at 4:47pm

Mitch101 said: "The reviews were excellent. Mostly raves. Google is your friend."

I hope this transfers over to Broadway one day. It looks so amazing from the rehearsal photos/footage. West End is so lucky!

Larry6417
#15Back to the Future - The Musical - West End Transfer
Posted: 8/10/21 at 7:27pm

While this looks charming in the West End, it just looks silly and desperate if it goes to Broadway.

What's next? INDIANA JONES and the BROADWAY KERFUFFLE??!!