pixeltracker

Is Diana going to Netflix?- Page 7

Is Diana going to Netflix?

alex814
#150Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/5/20 at 2:35pm

fashionguru_23 said: "alex814 said: "Sutton Ross said: ""Rumors indicate the shows joining the streaming platform's Broadway selections might include Mrs. Doubtfire (where a special sign-off from Disney's Buena Vista Theatrical might hinder such plans), Stage Entertainment's worldwide hit "Tina", which paused three successful productions around the world, and "Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations" where rights negotiations appear complex."

I don't think any of these will happen because of the legal hoops but I hope so! Company next please!
"

Did Beetlejuice ever load out of the Winter Garden?
"

With Beetlejuice, I'm surprised Warner Bros. (producers of the film and stage production) haven't tried to secure/promote this for their streaming service, or wherever their propertries lie in the streaming market.

My only question is, the only musical really so far on a streaming service was "Hamilton". That comes with all the baggage in fans, promos, etc. Hypothetically would"Flying Over Sunset" really going to get viewers to "Hulu"? I don't think so.
"

Apparently, Warner Bros' titles are on HBO Max. It would be cool to see Beetlejuice reunite the original cast (sans Sophia? Perhaps without Rob too) to film the show.

sparksatmidnight
#151Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/13/20 at 5:55am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Judy-Kaye-Reveals-Details-on-the-Filming-Process-For-DIANA-20200912

punimachan
#152Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/14/20 at 8:10am

Thank you very much for the nice share buddy, i will definitely have fun with netflix since I love watching movies and tv shows as well beetv

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#153Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/14/20 at 2:59pm

Nope.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#154Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/14/20 at 3:12pm

Hello friend! Thank many time for such word. Movies and shows free? Yes truth I tell you go click link many hours free!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#155Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 9/17/20 at 1:03pm

They started tech this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#156Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 8:26am

Has there been any updates? I only ask because once I heard about the show starting tech (as seen in the above post), it kind of faded away. I assume its done filming and is in the post-production phase waiting for the release, which I believe is this year?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Owen22
#157Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 8:31am

I talked to a dresser on the show last summer (very interesting how they did this in the time of Covid) and he said they were told it would run on Netflix in January of 2021.....so.....

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#158Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 8:44am

The Broadway production is slated to open on May 25, 2021 and the Netflix presentation is planned to air prior to the Broadway opening so Netflix should be announcing a premiere date soon.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#159Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 10:16am

Well May 25th ain’t gonna happen.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#160Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 10:45am

It's not opening on May 25. That could be the possible release date on Netflix.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Showhopper2
#161Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 11:12am

I've seen an Interview with composer David Bryan just a few days ago, and he told, that there is no date set for the release on Netflix yet, but it will be aired in about 2 months. 
He also mentioned that Broadway isn't expected to open soon again, and that he heard that it may be November probably till shows are running again. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#162Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 1:11pm

Can you link to it? I don't see anything here (but that might mean I just missed it).

https://www.google.com/search?q=david+bryan+diana&tbm=nws

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 3/1/21 at 01:11 PM

Sutton Ross
#163Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 1:22pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "The Broadway production is slated to open on May 25, 2021 and the Netflix presentation is planned to air prior to the Broadway opening so Netflix should be announcing a premiere date soon. "

Lies on top of lies. 

Showhopper2
#164Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 1:46pm

LizzieCurry said: "Can you link to it? I don't see anything here (but that might mean I just missed it).

https://www.google.com/search?q=david+bryan+diana&tbm=nws
"

https://youtu.be/DQ3eoGMxbFY
Broadway, Diana,  and it's airing is  only mentioned in a few sentenses. 
Most of it is about his daughters comedy-career and Bon Jovi... 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#165Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 2:21pm

Sutton Ross said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "The Broadway production is slated to open on May 25, 2021 and the Netflix presentation is planned to air prior to the Broadway opening so Netflix should be announcing a premiere date soon. "

Lies on top of lies.
"

Other shows going to Netflix?

Sutton Ross
Sutton Ross
#167Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 2:27pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Well May 25th ain’t gonna happen."

Correct.

Showhopper2
#168Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 2:30pm

When broadway was planned to open up again in January 2021, Diana was anounced to reopen again on May 25. 
But things changed since then... Simple as that!

Now it seems that Broadway might not reopen before fall, and Diana will air on Netflix in about 2 months, but there is no date set yet!

Sutton Ross
#169Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 2:38pm

Everyone except one person knows that. Not that he will ever admit he is wrong though! Other shows going to Netflix?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#170Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 3:46pm

I had also previously heard that an Original Broadway Cast Recording was going to be released to complement the Netflix proshot... any updates on that?

Oh look, a bibu!

Showhopper2
#171Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/1/21 at 3:59pm

Jordan Levinson said: "I had also previously heard that an Original Broadway Cast Recording was going to be released to complement the Netflix proshot... any updates on that?"

Yes, thats true! 
Dave Bryan shared some content on this in his Insta-stories a while ago. He worked on this sometime in fall when they taped it. 

I also heard that there will be some kind of "Behind the scenes"-content released on Netflix, about working on this project in covid-times. 

Showhopper2
#172Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/30/21 at 12:16pm

https://thedianamusical.com/press/
DIANA: THE MUSICAL WILL PREMIERE ON NETFLIX OCTOBER 1, 2021
BROADWAY PERFORMANCES RESUME DECEMBER 1, 2021
Tickets are on sale now! 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#173Other shows going to Netflix?
Posted: 3/31/21 at 12:11am

The producers get credit for thinking outside the box. It will be interesting to see if it boosts theatre sales.