#150THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/9/21 at 12:29pm

Yesssssssssssssss.

jo
HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#152THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 8:14am

Everything we've seen so far looks so good! I wish they would have given us the full rehearsal videos. I'm still not over how they've made this into a huge dance show. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#153THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 8:17am

And while Hugh looks great, I love that the kids are clearly outdancing him. 

jo
#154THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 8:36am

HenryTDobson said: "And while Hugh looks great, I love that the kids are clearly outdancing him."

LOL ! Too much adamantium in his Wolverine body laugh

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
#155THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 11:24am

TaffyDavenport said: "Also, why should they be embarrassed that all the cheaper seats (starting at $99) are sold out for the early part of the run, so all that's left are the $599-699 options? If someone wants to pay less, they just have to wait. Tickets have been on sale for forever, so people had plenty of time before now to buy. It's not unfair or unreasonable."

It's just classist.  Making art for the extremely rich.  It's pathetic.

JSquared2
#156THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 2:07pm

Georgeanddot2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Also, why should they be embarrassed that all the cheaper seats (starting at $99) are sold out for the early part of the run, so all that's left are the $599-699 options? If someone wants to pay less, they just have to wait. Tickets have been on sale for forever, so people had plenty of time before now to buy. It's not unfair or unreasonable."

It's just classist. Making art for the extremely rich. It's pathetic.
"

Is it also "pathetic" to have expensive restaurants?  Expensive cars?  Expensive clothing?  Art, like everything else in the world, has price points for every walk of life.  Just like not everyone has the RIGHT to own a Lamborghini or dine at Per Se every night -- not everyone has the RIGHT to sit in premium seats for the most popular Broadway show on the specific date and time they'd like to attend.  It's not a difficult concept.

Georgeanddot2
#157THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 2:37pm

JSquared2 said: "Georgeanddot2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Also, why should they be embarrassed that all the cheaper seats (starting at $99) are sold out for the early part of the run, so all that's left are the $599-699 options? If someone wants to pay less, they just have to wait. Tickets have been on sale for forever, so people had plenty of time before now to buy. It's not unfair or unreasonable."

"

Is it also "pathetic" to have expensive restaurants? Expensive cars? Expensive clothing? Art, like everything else in the world, has price points for every walk of life. Just like not everyone has the RIGHT to own a Lamborghini or dine at Per Se every night -- not everyone has the RIGHT to sit in premium seats for the most popular Broadway show on the specific date and time they'd like to attend. It's not a difficult concept.
"

Yes it is pathetic.

JSquared2
#158THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 2:48pm

Georgeanddot2 said: "JSquared2 said: "Georgeanddot2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Also, why should they be embarrassed that all the cheaper seats (starting at $99) are sold out for the early part of the run, so all that's left are the $599-699 options? If someone wants to pay less, they just have to wait. Tickets have been on sale for forever, so people had plenty of time before now to buy. It's not unfair or unreasonable."

"

Is it also "pathetic" to have expensive restaurants? Expensive cars? Expensive clothing? Art, like everything else in the world, has price points for every walk of life. Just like not everyone has the RIGHT to own a Lamborghini or dine at Per Se every night -- not everyone has the RIGHT to sit in premium seats for the most popular Broadway show on the specific date and time they'd like to attend. It's not a difficult concept.
"

Yes it is pathetic.
"

Well then sorry, I don't know what else to tell you.  Sorry your life hasn't panned out quite the way you hoped it would. Maybe start a GoFundMe in order to secure premium house seats for The Music Man for a Saturday night in May??

Updated On: 12/10/21 at 02:48 PM

Georgeanddot2
#159THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 2:59pm

JSquared2 said: "Georgeanddot2 said: "JSquared2 said: "Georgeanddot2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Also, why should they be embarrassed that all the cheaper seats (starting at $99) are sold out for the early part of the run, so all that's left are the $599-699 options? If someone wants to pay less, they just have to wait. Tickets have been on sale for forever, so people had plenty of time before now to buy. It's not unfair or unreasonable."

"

"

Yes it is pathetic.
"

Well then sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry your life hasn't panned out quite the way you hoped it would. Maybe start a GoFundMe in order to secure premium house seats for The Music Man for a Saturday night in May??"

Your classism isn't funny.  For an industry that constantly and very loudly pats themselves on the back for their "diversity" and "inclusion," they sure aren't worried about the diversity and inclusion of their audiences.  Broadway has become a rich (white) person's club.  Moreso than ever before.

And btw, my finances are just fine, but I would never throw away $700 on The Music Man (of all shows lol) just to brag about it with my friends.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#160THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 4:44pm

Then don't. Nobody cares. 

Georgeanddot2
#161THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 4:45pm

Sutton Ross said: "Then don't. Nobody cares."

You should care.  Broadway is dying for a reason.

Sutton Ross
#162THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 4:54pm

I don't care that one person doesn't care to go to this show. This Broadway show will be highly successful financially, so while Broadway needs to do a few more things, it won't be happening with this show. 

jo
#163THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/10/21 at 6:43pm

HenryTDobson said: "Everything we've seen so far looks so good! I wish they would have given us the full rehearsal videos. I'm still not over how they've made this into a huge dance show."

Now it makes sense why Max Clayton was designated as Hugh Jackman's STANDBY.

We still do not know if a major tap dance number will be part of the Carlyle choreography ( as he has been shown on a clip  training Hugh for  a long tap dance number).

I also expect to see Sutton in major and new dance numbers.  Of course!

I especially look forward  to seeing Hugh and Sutton dance together !

As for actors who may want to be considered to replace Hugh, after his run, they  may want to start training now laugh

Updated On: 12/10/21 at 06:43 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#164THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 10:11am

New seats have just been released for sold-out previews. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jakeevan942
#165THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 10:27am

Jordan Levinson said: "New seats have just been released for sold-out previews."

Thank you Jordan! Just grabbed a $99 seat for the first preview.

ktunes
#166THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 11:41am

Exchanged my June tix to Dec 21st for front mezzanine!! $99 each! SO EXCITED!

Updated On: 12/13/21 at 11:41 AM

electrode10
#167THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 1:20pm

I've never been in the Winter Garden. How are the $99 seats on the extreme sides of the mezzanine? Naturally we don't yet know how the show is staged, but generally would anyone say it has hindered their experience with past shows?

Sutton Ross
#168THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 1:23pm

Absolutely atrocious. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#169THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 1:38pm

What's interesting is that they're sticking to the story that those seats aren't partial view. We'll know in a week, but that must be one magical set for them to be sold as unobstructed.

jo
#170THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/13/21 at 6:59pm

It looks like a total of 16  RowA (Left/Right Orch)  seats are now being offered at USD269+, compared to 8 in the previous announcement. I spotted one still available in late Decemb

Not many available for future shows. It was slow-going initially, now one can hardly find any.

Updated On: 12/13/21 at 06:59 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#171THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/14/21 at 11:27pm

Hard to believe this is about to actually happen. I bought my tickets in September 2019.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#172THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/15/21 at 2:30am

Electrode10, the whole theater is shaped like an oval. How Mamma Mia ran there for so long is behind me. Those views must be awful. I got a box seat for School of Rock and saw like 60% of the show.  It's a gorgeous theater, but not a great layout, but has a ton of orchestra seating, so I guess that's lucrative for producers. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#173THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/15/21 at 1:33pm

RippedMan said: "Electrode10, the whole theater is shaped like an oval. How Mamma Mia ran there for so long is behind me. Those views must be awful. I got a box seat for School of Rock and saw like 60% of the show. It's a gorgeous theater, but not a great layout, but has a ton of orchestra seating, so I guess that's lucrative for producers."

I did rush seats for SCHOOL OF ROCK and the seats were extreme side mezz and I agree with you that from there it's partial view. What really bothered me was the stairs to go to lobby was right next to me and for some reason the usher told me they can't put a curtain to cover the hallway light so for the entire show there was a glare on my glasses. I can't complain much since it was a rush ticket.

Sutton Ross
#174THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21
Posted: 12/15/21 at 1:40pm

Do they legally have to put "partial view" on a ticket if it is, in fact, partial view? Because it's cool people got cheap seats to this show, but if you can't really see much, there is no point. You get what you pay for I suppose. 

Videos