pixeltracker

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?- Page 17

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#400Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/7/23 at 2:38pm

I'm sorry if this info is buried here and I didn't see it...have we heard how long Corbin will be playing in this?  Oct and November ( the dozen or so dates I've looked at)  have only a few pairs of tix left each performance. And sheesh ...paying broadway prices,  for sure!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#401Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/27/23 at 11:50am

Anybody see Constance Wu's first performance?

chrishuyen
#402Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 9/27/23 at 11:22pm

I saw the show today and it's in pretty good form for a second performance!  Corbin Bleu sings well and pulls off a convincing Seymour.  Constance Wu was also quite good, though I think she could use more time with some of the material.  Her Closed For Renovation wasn't quite as peppy as I wanted it to be but I think her big numbers were great, and she's a great actor.  She doesn't do the "Audrey voice" and for the most part I think she uses her natural accent but I think there's a bit of an affect on top of it, which generally worked well for me, and I thought her singing voice suited the character well too.  I had only seen Christian Borle before in the role of the dentist, and while Bryce Pinkham does some great character work in the second act, I think Christian Borle was able to pull laughs a little more effortlessly, but it wasn't a big deal.

I feel like I've noticed this issue before, but the sound balance on the Urchins felt a little off to me, the harmonies not gelling quite as well as I'd like, and they seemed to be mic'ed higher than the other actors.  Audrey II could be a little tough to understand at times too, especially when the full band kicked in, but my friend who had never seen the show before didn't seem to have trouble following along.

We stage doored afterwards and most of the actors came out to sign, though Constance Wu didn't stop for photos (Corbin Bleu came out a bit earlier and a bunch of people left after getting his signature which was nice since it freed up space).

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#403Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 2:05pm

Any rumors about who’s next? Current leads leave at the end of January, and this show has done a good job of keeping things interesting with the lot casts. Hoping it’s another fun surprise!

spicemonkey
#404Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 2:07pm

from reddit:

darren criss is the next Seymour 

don't know if that's true or not

OuttaTowner
#405Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 4:46pm

If so, it may be for a short hop. I had heard he was doing the Gatsby at A.R.T.  That goes up in the spring.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#406Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 4:52pm

I don’t think he’s doing Gatsby anymore.

Oh look, a bibu!

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#407Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 5:17pm

I have heard rumblings the next Audrey could be Evan Rachel Wood.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#408Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 5:26pm

I thought the Orcale said it was Darren and Carly Rae

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#409Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 5:29pm

Darren Criss and ERW are friendly, but man, I’d love to see Carly Rae. Her voice is perfect for Audrey. But I feel like I read an interview with her recently where she talked about Cinderella and said she wouldn’t do a show again unless it’s to write one.

OuttaTowner
#410Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/9/23 at 6:04pm

Bummer if he’s not doing Gatsby

I would imagine that his name might make the prospects of a post-ART life a more enticing opportunity to deep-pocketed producers. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#411Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/11/23 at 6:02pm

Broadway Journal - Behind the Big Profits at 'Little Shop'

"While Little Shop is an SBA success story — its long run helped preserve jobs and New York’s vitality — the musical’s grant was out of scale with its costs. Skid Row Downtown LLC, the Little Shop production company capitalized for $2.2 million, received $10 million in federal aid — roughly equivalent to a year’s box office revenue following the shutdown."

Updated On: 12/11/23 at 06:02 PM

jimmycurry01
#412Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 10:42am

WldKingdomHM said: "I thought the Orcale said it was Darren and Carly Rae"

The Oracle collects chatter, then just throws stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, but that doesn't mean its always accurate, or even worth paying attention to.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#413Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 11:29am

This'll never happen but I would love to see a Ben Platt-Michaela Diamond reunion, even if just for a short stint. 

pmensky
#414Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 12:27pm

Shubert Alley Cat said: "I have heard rumblings the next Audrey could be Evan Rachel Wood."

Evan Rachel Wood would be a great Audrey for this production and good for ticket sales. I could see Noah Galvan, Ryan McCartan, and Andrew Keenan-Bolger as future Seymours. James Daly, who currently plays Dracula in ‘Dracula: A Comedy Of Terrors’ would be a wonderful Orin.

singer234
#415Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 1:30pm

There are so many fabulous musical theatre actors who could do this, but I wish they would also look more into the comedy world. He’s probably far too successful right now to take this gig, but Kyle Mooney would be an absolutely hilarious Seymour. 

pmensky
#416Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 1:51pm

singer234 said: "There are so many fabulous musical theatre actors who could do this, but I wish they would also look more into the comedy world. He’s probably far too successful right now to take this gig, but Kyle Mooney would be an absolutely hilarious Seymour."

Kyle Mooney can barely carry a tune. This is not community theatre. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#417Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 3:02pm

singer234 said: "There are so many fabulous musical theatre actors who could do this, but I wish they would also look more into the comedy world. He’s probably far too successful right now to take this gig, but Kyle Mooney would be an absolutely hilarious Seymour."

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#418Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 3:04pm

I’m so confused 

singer234
#419Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 3:27pm

Thanks for clarifying, pmensky. I’ll be sure to let Tammy Blanchard and Constance Wu know.

pmensky
#420Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 3:58pm

singer234 said: "Thanks for clarifying, pmensky. I’ll be sure to let Tammy Blanchard and Constance Wu know."

I don’t think either of them are licensed to prescribe hearing aids. You might need an audiologist to help you out instead.

singer234
#421Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 8:59pm

K

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#422Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 9:54pm

Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead would be a bomb duo for Seymour and Audrey

girlcop Profile Photo
girlcop
#423Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/12/23 at 10:42pm

Oh, please NO!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#424Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 12/23/23 at 10:37am

Darren Criss confirmed on Sirius XM's Broadway channel that he and Evan Rachel Wood will be taking over at the end of January, for what sounds like a short 2-month run.

Videos