CSC "Assassins"

Owen22
#1CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 9:06am

Except for "Music Man" I've seen all of the old B'way re-openings.  As much as I applaud and am glad-heartened at Broadway getting back on it's feet...

....anyone have any info on when Classic Stage will be announcing "Assassins" dates????????

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#2CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:16am

Patience is key. A lot has happened in a very short amount of time, but there's still plenty of time left. And there are still tons of Off-Broadway theatre companies that have yet to make public announcements. Assassins is a show that CSC seems very committed to, so we probably don't have to be too worried about it. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#3CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:29am

This is the only ticket I held onto -- the rest I requested refunds. Can't wait. 

schubox
#4CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:43am

I also still have tickets to this too. The latest I saw was on May 6th on their website: "We are still planning an official reopening date for CSC and our forthcoming production of Assassins. Check back here for more details soon. Members and current ticket holders will be guaranteed early access to rebook tickets."

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#5CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:43am

I only got an email confirmation for this - and then a notice saying the show was delayed.  I'm assuming once they get new dates ironed out, they will contact all previous ticketholders? 

pollster2
#6CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 10:46am

It's returning in November...

schubox
#7CSC "Assassins"
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:18am

pollster2 said: "It's returning in November..."

Based on?

pollster2
#8CSC
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:37am

A castmember. Updated On: 5/11/21 at 11:37 AM

schubox
#9CSC
Posted: 6/10/21 at 5:46pm

Any idea when firm dates for this are coming out. They announced they would be letting us know over a month ago.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#10CSC
Posted: 6/10/21 at 10:00pm

Does CSC usually do Wednesday matinees?  ...and any guesses how long they book their Sondheim shows?
We've got an open Wednesday for an upcoming trip in late Nov/early Dec. One definite for that day is Flying Over Sunset, which in general, we'd rather see in the evening, but if Assassins is running on that date and if they don't do matinees, I'll get a 2:00 ticket for FOS.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#11CSC
Posted: 6/11/21 at 11:06am

MarkBearSF said: "Does CSC usually do Wednesday matinees? ...and any guesses how long they booktheir Sondheim shows?
We've got an open Wednesday for an upcoming trip in late Nov/early Dec. One definite for that day is Flying Over Sunset, which in general, we'd rather see in the evening, but if Assassins is running on that date and if they don't do matinees, I'll get a 2:00 ticket for FOS.

I can't really answer your question, since Wednesday matinees are seldom on my radar with my work schedule, and even if I were, it could potentially vary from show to show. But I will say this:

To my knowledge, CSC is not known for keeping an especially unusual schedule. They are a pretty traditional company in a lot of ways, and like many Off-Broadway non-profits, their patrons and subscribers are likely to be on the older side, and statistically more likely to favor matinees. Also, they are the only theatre in that space, so they don't need to stagger curtain times the way some other theatres like The Public might. So they're more likely to stick to a standard schedule. 

However, it might be worth noting that many shows don't do weekday matinees during previews, to make time for rehearsal, so it might be worth keeping an eye on when previews are. It also might be worth shooting them an email, or seeing if they have a phone line open, just to see if they can provide any insight. 

schubox
#12CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 11:34am

Got an email from CSC that Assassins is a go in November of 2021. No specific dates, just a promise to be in touch for ticket holders in the next few weeks. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#13CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 11:36am

That is amazing, thank you for the update!!!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#14CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 12:02pm

Got the email. I LOVE A MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE. As great as RAGTIME is, MAN… is really a special show, and a gorgeous follow up from those three collabs., and very apropos to now re the importance of theatre and community. So that is exciting! 

schubox
#15CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 12:04pm

I've been waiting to book flights and other shows till I heard about this, and I still only get "November." I wish we got some more specific dates.

Sutton Ross
#16CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 1:56pm

I don't think we will know exact dates for some time, but the original run was going to be around two months (April - June 2020). 

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#17CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 2:55pm

I'll be in NYC for Thanksgiving weekend, I would KILL to be able to see this!

schubox
#18CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 4:44pm

Sutton Ross said: "I don't think we will know exact dates for some time, but the original run was going to be around two months (April - June 2020)."

I imagine booking something for early December would be safe.

Sutton Ross
#19CSC
Posted: 7/19/21 at 4:50pm

Oh, absolutely.