pixeltracker

THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube

THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/23/21 at 11:25pm

Lauren Kennedy, Norbert Leo Butz, JRB and more celebrated the show's 20th Anniversary tonight. The link is below and I hope it stays up forever, but I don't know. If you want to sob like a baby, watch their performance of "The Next Ten Minutes" at the end.

Man, this reminds me why nobody will EVER do the show better than Lauren and Norbert. 

Youtube Link

Updated On: 5/23/21 at 11:25 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:42am

Thank you for sharing this!! I had no idea this was happening. It’s great heading Norbert & Lauren singing this together again.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#3THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 7:44am

Thank you for sharing! Potentially dumb question - Why is Sherie Rene Scott on the album? 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#4THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 7:47am

^Lauren Kennedy originated the role of Cathy in the world premiere production in Chicago. She couldn't continue with the show when it came to New York because she was starring in South Pacific at the National Theatre in London at the time. So Sherie Rene Scott took over.

Updated On: 5/24/21 at 07:47 AM

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#5THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 7:52am

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "^Lauren Kennedy originated the role of Cathy in the world premiere production in Chicago. She couldn't continue with the show when it came to New York because she was starring in South Pacific at the National Theatre in London at the time. So Sherie Rene Scott took over."

Thank you!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#6THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 8:35am

This was a nice surprise!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#7THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 12:48pm

No one will sing or act Cathy better than the goddess that is Sherie René Scott. My opinion. :)

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#8THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/24/21 at 1:44pm

Oh Norbert, what a brilliant man. Lauren's voice is very thin and bird like (like Anna Kendrick) so did not enjoy her at all. Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor were perfect in this role when I saw them. And Sherie has always been outstanding. 

sr4mjc Profile Photo
sr4mjc
#9THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/26/21 at 1:20pm

What a gift of performances from Norbert, I loved that.  Also, it's hard being that smooth holding a hand held camera moving around! 

Owen22
#10THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/26/21 at 4:23pm

Sutton Ross said: "Oh Norbert, what a brilliant man. Lauren's voice is very thin and bird like (like Anna Kendrick) so did not enjoy her at all. Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor were perfect in this role when I saw them. And Sherie has always been outstanding."

Didn't it seem Adam Kantor was doing a Norbert Leo Butz impression when singing?  I'm not a fan of Lauren Kennedy (or Last Five Years for that matter) but I did enjoy Betsy Wolfe very much, but no one can sing like Sherrie. I saw that same Jason Robert Brown directed production in London (man, for someone who doesn't like the show I've seen it a bunch) with Samantha Barks and Jonathan Bailey, who won the Olivier for Jamie in "Company", and they were not good.  So it really surprised me how much I sorta loved Barkis in "Pretty Woman".

Incidentally, does everyone know that Norbert has a lead supporting role on the TV show "Debris" on NBC?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/26/21 at 4:46pm

Not at all. Adam did his own thing. And yes, I know about his show. Like Norm and Audra, Norbert thrives on stage but in TV shows he is just like any average actor so I won't be watching.

Updated On: 5/27/21 at 04:46 PM

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#12THE LAST FIVE YEARS 20th Anniversary On Youtube
Posted: 5/27/21 at 9:14am

Owen22 said: "Incidentally, does everyone know that Norbert has a lead supporting role on the TV show "Debris" on NBC?"

Not only that, but he was in all three seasons of "Bloodline", which I believe is on Netflix.

Videos