pixeltracker

NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors - Page 3

NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#50NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 12:26pm

@Patriot You are a racist plus a troll or a nut job or both. Based on your homicidal false statements about the vaccine, you have no credibility so why would I believe your fakea$$ story about where you live and your ethnicity.  TBC I do not favor forcing you to get vaccinated. I just don't want you forcing anyone else to breathe your toxic fumes, so I favor making you into a pariah. I don't want you at the theatre, I don't want you on a plane, I don't want you on the subway, I don't want you waiting on my table, I don't want you making my change at the grocery.  Etc

Updated On: 8/5/21 at 12:26 PM

Tom5
#51NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 12:42pm

The so-called "Kent" mutation was identified and began spreading before a single person was vaccinated.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#52NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 12:55pm

Terrible for Kents everywhere. 

theatreguy12
#53NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 3:16pm

Now if we can just get our leaders, on both sides of the aisle, to follow the rules too.  Rather than running around Chinatown without a mask, asking if a mask can be removed for a photo op (the mask is either vital or it isn't....it doesn't change willy nilly), or attending a birthday party at a swanky restaurant, without a mask, maybe there needs to be more consistency in messaging. 

Interesting though how the chief MAGA person himself, DT, was the one under which this vaccine was warp speeded into existence.  And every major conservative I've seen has said they have no problem with the vaccine and have received it themselves. Conversely though,I also remember several leading Democrat candidates and representatives last year saying they didn't trust it.

People are learning they can't just keep shifting the goalposts and they certainly can't be saying things and then doing the opposite and still be taken seriously.  You can't tell people that their kids have to stay home from school when you are sending your kids to privileged, high end schools.  And you can't shut restaurants down and then attend birthday parties at high end restaurants where only the privileged can dine, and then do so mask-less.

What I really find disturbing though is the high percentage of Black citizens in NY who haven't received the vaccine yet.  And I'm not exactly sure they're all "MAGA" people.  

When the vaccine is free and it's as simple as walking to the many locations, including CVS, etc. it seems we should see a lot more people being vaccinated than we are.  

I'm just not sure why the pro-vaccine people on the Democrat side are so much more concerned over the "MAGA" people who aren't getting the vaccine, but not concerning themselves over why there aren't more Black citizens getting it.

Sunny11
#54NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 4:02pm

It’s about having the funding for sufficient mitigation measures.

private schools already had  small classes so the kids individual desks could be spaced 2 meters ( or whatever ) apart from each other easily in one class. Poor public schools can have 30+ kids in a class so that would have been impossible without tripling the number of teachers.

Governments gaslit people to think it was either “ reopen schools” without the needed changes or 100% online learning   instead of equaling the funding the private schools get to lower class sizes to reopen safely because they are cheap ********.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#55NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 4:17pm

This really upset me to the point that I went to her website and wrote a letter. The, black, Boston Interim Mayor compared vaccination passports to slavery and birtherism. There are 2 videos in the article. The first is when she made the comments to the press and the second a follow-up with reactions. This does not help the black community move in the direction of getting vaccinated. I was just jaw dropped.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-mayor-janey-compares-vaccine-passports-to-slave-papers-birtherism/37213542?fbclid=IwAR0_TtnZiKsz-6OFafH387onmgY9rM1MI86wrj8eWLeHCxJ6sFNHyNDgaJo

Just give the world Love.

Sutton Ross
#56NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 4:26pm

When the vaccine is free and it's as simple as walking to the many locations, including CVS, etc. it seems we should see a lot more people being vaccinated than we are.

It has absolutely nothing to do with convenience regarding the black population. Many poor people (regardless of race) don't have a gp or rarely go to the doctor/hospital for a variety of reasons. So, with no one leading them and telling them "yes they are safe" all they have are rumors, speculation, Fox news, and the past horrifying Tuskegee experiments to draw from. My very best friend in the world is devastated because his parents who live in Florida refuse to get the vaccine and thinks it will kill him. They are from Trinidad and Tobago and don't know who to listen to. It's just devastating because they are kind, good people. It is absolutely not just MAGA trash who aren't getting vaccinated. 

brdway411
#57NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 6:27pm

PTChazman said: "I’m visiting from out of state next January and hear about the Excelsior pass. I had both doses and have the Cdc card showing vaccination. Will this suffice as proof or do I need to apply and get an excelsior pass ( or are those only for NY residents?)."

Was just watching the news, they reported that the Excelsior pass is expanding in the coming weeks to Excelsior Pass Plus which with work with other states. So keep an eye out for it.  The pass is SO easy to use and cannot be easily faked. Used it for 2 Colbert tapings, a concert on The Little Island and at Shakespeare in the Park. Just show your pass with your ID, scan your ticket and you are in. 
Also, Colbert has hired medical staff to check paper cards looking for fakes. Not sure if other theaters will follow this but found it interesting they would make the investment. 

Updated On: 8/5/21 at 06:27 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#58NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 7:16pm

@Patriot keep it up. Every word you type makes you that much less credible. PS Never a good idea to say things about a person you don't know (e.g. me). Ya know, troll, when you sign up and start spouting nonsense that many others know to be false, you are digging your own grave. Bye.

BroadwayPatriot
#59NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 7:25pm

HogansHero said: "@Patriot keep it up. Every word you type makes you that much less credible. PS Never a good idea to say things about a person you don't know (e.g. me). Ya know, troll, when you sign up and start spouting nonsense that many others know to be false, you are digging your own grave. Bye."

You questioned my heritage and place of residence, only a privileged white man would do such as thing, do you not read CRT?

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#60NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 9:40pm

BroadwayPatriot said: "I don't vote"

Having known many actual PATRIOTS, some of whom gave up their lives in service to our country, both your comment and your screen name offend me.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 8/5/21 at 09:40 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#61NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 10:51pm

Just got an e-mail from Open Table that says to save your info to your phone for easy reference.  If you need to share your info you can do it by carrying the paper card or official vaccination record as well as using a government app that stores your information. A photo of the card on your phone was not listed as an option. My apologies if that was part of the mandate and I just missed it.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#62NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/5/21 at 11:10pm

uncageg said: "Just got an e-mail from Open Table that says to save your info to your phone for easy reference.If you need to share your info you can do it by carrying the paper card or official vaccination record as well as using a government app that stores your information. A photo of the card on your phone was not listed as an option. My apologies if that was part of the mandate and I just missed it."

If you want a sense of where things are headed, take a look at the options on the Public site in relation to proof for getting into the Delacorte. I expect that we will see multiple choices so no one will need to fret about their hard copy card.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#63NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/6/21 at 12:15am

I was at the Delacote last week. I sat in the Full Capacity section. They had this in place from the second or 3rd preview. I got two reminder e-mails prior to attending the performance. We showed our ID's to pick up tickets and we could use the photo of our card when we got to our gate. (They didn't look at my ID at the gate which surprised me) I freaked a bit because I didn't bring the actual card but realized I had it on my phone. Seeing that they are an outdoor venue, I wonder if they will stick with the way they are doing things or start asking for full vaccination proof or proof of a negative test for those non vaccinated section? There were a lot of people in the non vaccinated seats the night I went.

At this point, I think it should be an app or the hard copy. (I know people who have already misplaced their cards.) No other options. JMO

brdway411
#64NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/6/21 at 9:19pm

Just got an email from Town Hall and everyone must show proof of Vax to enter. No kids under 12 until there is a vax for them. 

Sutton Ross
#65NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/6/21 at 10:03pm

I hope Broadway does the same. 

Ana Steele
#66NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/9/21 at 1:07pm

And what about these exceptions like medical conditions and religious beliefs that qualify for entrance with negative test - what’s the procedure here? Should you have a proof? Or how this negative test exception is checked?

Sutton Ross
#67NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/9/21 at 1:16pm

Theaters will make exceptions for children and people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination, the league said. Patrons must show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time.

Ana Steele
#68NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/9/21 at 1:31pm

Yep, that I know, but literally anyone can take this test and go to the theatre - or do some additional proof of being in these categories needed? There might be tourists who cannot get vaccinated with American vaccines, but can take tests, for example.

Sutton Ross
#69NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/9/21 at 1:49pm

Anyone who visits or lives in NYC can get a Covid test. That is all that needed for proof at a Broadway theater.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#70NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors
Posted: 8/9/21 at 2:49pm

theatreguy12 said: "Now if we can just get our leaders, on both sides of the aisle, to follow the rules too. Rather than running around Chinatown without a mask, asking if a mask can beremoved for a photo op (the mask is either vital or it isn't....it doesn't change willy nilly), or attending a birthday party at a swanky restaurant, without a mask, maybe there needs to be more consistency in messaging.

Interesting though how the chief MAGA person himself, DT, was the one under which this vaccine was warp speeded into existence. And every major conservative I've seen has said they have no problem with the vaccine and have received it themselves. Converselythough,I also remember severalleading Democrat candidates and representativeslast year saying they didn't trust it.

People are learning they can't just keep shifting the goalposts and they certainly can't be saying things and then doing the opposite and still be taken seriously. You can't tell people that their kids have to stay home from school when you are sending your kids to privileged, high end schools. And you can't shut restaurants down and then attend birthday parties at high end restaurants where only the privileged can dine, and then do somask-less.

What I really find disturbing though is the high percentage of Black citizens in NY who haven't received the vaccine yet. And I'm not exactly sure they're all"MAGA" people.

I'm just not sure why the pro-vaccine people on the Democrat side are so much more concerned over the "MAGA" people who aren't getting the vaccine, but not concerning themselves over why there aren't more Black citizens getting it.

"

If you took a look at what is happening in the deep south, Texas and FL, and parts of the midwest right now with their medical systems overloaded, this would not be confusing to you.

Also, on the dem side, a lot of outreach has been done in my home state to get POC vaccinated. 

Videos