Hadestown (re)Opening night

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#1Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/26/21 at 6:40pm

In case anyone is so inclined, they've just released a few great seats for Hadestown's first performance next week.  

And if you go, be sure to say hello!

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 8/26/21 at 06:40 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#2Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/28/21 at 11:33pm

Thanks for tip.  Just saw your post.  What kind of great seats on 9/2 were there if I may ask?  Mostly right/left orch is only thing left.  Surprised to see 9/3 hardly any 1st 3 rows sold.  

DK69
#3Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 1:20am

Do you know if SeatGeek may accept to exchange the dates of my already bought tickets (not from a re-seller) ? Any experience to share here ? 

bway0
#4Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 9:14am

DK69 said: "Do you know if SeatGeek may accept to exchange the dates of my already boughttickets (not from a re-seller) ? Any experience to share here ?"

If you want tickets to a reopening, I would not wait until SeatGeek exchanges them. Instead, purchase the new tickets and then ask for a refund for the old tickets. I had no issues getting a refund for my Hadestown ticket I bought through SeatGeek. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#5Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 9:40am

bway0 said: "DK69 said: "Do you know if SeatGeek may accept to exchange the dates of my already boughttickets (not from a re-seller) ? Any experience to share here ?"

If you want tickets to a reopening, Iwould not wait until SeatGeek exchangesthem. Instead, purchase the new tickets and then ask for a refund for the old tickets. I had no issues getting a refund for my Hadestown ticket I bought through SeatGeek.
"

Bway0, did you fill out the form on Jujamcyn's website to get your refund? I submitted the form, at which point it said that I would get an email with further instructions, which I never got. No communication from them at all that they received the request, and the tickets are still active in my account.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#6Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:10am

Taffy, how long ago did you request a refund?  I also requested a refund, but only on Friday.

I'm curious how long it's been for you.  I agree it's better to refund and buy new than wait on an exchange.

I was told the production company has to authorize it before they can refund. But like everything else changing, who knows.  

TaffyDavenport
#7Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:23am

I submitted my request last Monday.

bway0
#8Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:39am

Yup filled out the form! I initiated the refund request a few hours after I bought the ticket because at the time I realized I bought for the wrong date (although I’m not going at all this year).

TaffyDavenport
#9Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 10:41am

Thank you! How long did it take for you to get your refund, if you don't mind?

bway0
#10Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 11:19am

I do not remember. This was during the ticket holders presale back in May.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 3:08pm

What an absolute nightmare SeatGeek has been for me. I filled out the form to exchange my tickets to Moulin Rouge weeks ago. I filled out the form with the exact seat I wanted to exchange it to. A week later, I emailed them and they said they forwarded my information to SeatGeek and "they would take care of it from there". I emailed SeatGeek. I tweeted them. I messaged them on facebook. I messaged them on Instagram. No word, nothing for a week. No acknowledgement of any kind. 

Finally I called them and they said "we don't do refunds". I told them that Moulin Rouge and Jujamcyn theaters do. They told me no. They forwarded me to a supervisor. I was put on hold for 45 minutes. I was then told to call back the next day as "they resolved this conflict". An entire week later, I called them and they just gave up. "We are unable to do an exchange, we are giving you a refund.". Countless people, countless supervisors and countless hours. They could not figure it out. I hate them and I hate Jujamcyn for wanting to save a few bucks and switching to this sh*tty, incompetent company.

The short, short version? Don't even try to exchange your ticket. Ask for a refund, and then rebook. 

TaffyDavenport
#12Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 5:37pm

Sorry that happened to you, but thanks for confirming what I was worried about. What a dumpster fire of a customer service department.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#13Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 6:46pm

Yeah, they are very, very new to this whole theater thing. Their thing is concerts and sporting events. They never should have taken Jujamcyn theater's account. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#14Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 7:47pm

Yup awful. Still haven't received my refund for a Moulin Rouge ticket. Been over a month now and got the same reply from Jujamcyn when reaching out. Will keep trying of course but so frustrating. Have returned tickets with Telechage and Ticketmaster and both are shockingly easy. Wish Jujamcyn had never made the switch. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#15Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/29/21 at 9:58pm

LesWickedly, what is the "same reply from Jujamcyn when reaching out?"

What did Jujam say or write (since they don't answer the phone).  Did they tell you SG is responsible?  Did they tell you to go thru Jujam?

I went through this nonsense w/ticketmaster in April. Clearly there was no June show coming. I emailed Jujam & was told they'd process a refund.  Weeks went by, nothing.  I emailed again and was told TM was holding it up.  I emailed the president of TM & asked why his company was holding up my $. I got a call from the TM exec office the next day.  He said the production company of Hades had the $ and they couldn't refund it until the production company released the $.  Jujam authorized it that day.

So, I'm curious Les, what did Jujam tell you when you contacted them?  

Perhaps there should be a mass emailing to Jujam & SG's execs.

Updated On: 8/29/21 at 09:58 PM

bway0
#16Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/30/21 at 3:52am

I’ve had to refund two Hadestown tickets.

The first was right when Broadway was announced reopening date on Sept 14th. My ticket was for Sept 4 purchased through Ticketmaster in Oct 2020. Per the announcement, it seemed like no show was opening up before the 14th so I contacted Ticketmaster right away. After a few attempts, finally got a response saying that the show didn’t tell Ticketmaster that my date was cancelled so they couldn’t refund. Finally contacted Jujamcyn and got a contact to email. Contact explained sorry about the confusion with Ticketmaster and was able to override the refund which posted to my account a few days later. After the back and forth to get my refund, the Hadestown announcement came a few days later announcing the reopening date of Sept 2. I assumed that’s what the contact meant when she said “sorry about the confusion” - Jujamcyn hadn’t announced the transition to SeatGeek yet or reopen date.

The second was bought directly through SeatGeek via ticket holder presale. Initiated refund right away due to mistake on my part (wrong date) and got a refund within a reasonable time. I forget the exact amount of time but I wasn’t waiting weeks or months.

On a separate note- I was about to get Jujamcyn to refund Frozen tickets for me. The short version of the story- I called in to Ticketmaster to exchange the two tickets to a Wednesday matinee instead of the Sunday matinee I originally purchased. I’m assuming the Ticketmaster customer service agent didn’t understand what I was trying to do and bought A THIRD TICKET without my authorization. So needless to say Jujamcyn and Disney got an email the next day and refund hit my account a day later.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#17Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 8/30/21 at 11:29pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Sorry that happened to you, but thanks for confirming what I was worried about. What a dumpster fire of a customer service department."

Fits Jujamycyn and Seatgeek.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#18Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/11/21 at 10:22pm

I've been trying to figure this out but I saw Trent Saunders was announced for the Broadway cast as a worker. I saw the show 9/3 and his name wasn't listed in the playbill or the cast board. I also can't figure out who covered his track.

Any ideas?

bwaylady3
#19Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/12/21 at 11:36pm

I saw this email given out on a different thread: jujamcyn@seatgeek.com

I have not used it myself, but if this is not an email you're using, it may be worth a try!  Good luck. 

Let me know if it works!

bway0
#20Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/13/21 at 5:53am

steven22 said: "I've been trying to figure this out but I saw Trent Saunders was announced for the Broadway cast as a worker. I saw the show 9/3 and his name wasn't listed in the playbill or the cast board. I also can't figure out who covered his track.

Any ideas?
"

I’ve also been thinking about this. I’ve got two possible ideas: he’s an alternate or he’s replacing someone leaving. What’s throwing me off is he’s not mentioned in the playbill. At all. If he was an alternate, then that would be mentioned. But if he’s replacing someone then that wouldn’t be included in the playbill until the replacement happens. So maybe whatever his purpose with the Broadway show hasn’t happened yet.

Trent was touring a few cities last year doing the Hadestown tour announcement shows with Khaila Wilcoxon. I did message Trent last year on Instagram welcoming him to the show but his response was like a “I’m just helping out he not joining the show” type response. That said, Anthony Chatman announced last spring announced that he was leaving Hadestown for another project. Obviously a lot has happened since covid shut down to reopening and he’s now returned to the Broadway company. I’d guess that Trent was Anthony’s replacement last spring. But like the other announcements to happen for this show in the next coming weeks, Broadway shut down before the announcements were made. 

Alexander Lamar
#21Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/13/21 at 7:29am

The website lists six workers including Trent, but right now the show performs with only five. Could they be adding an additional track?

bway0
#22Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/13/21 at 8:01am

Alexander Lamar said: "The website lists six workers including Trent, but right now the show performs with only five. Could they be adding an additional track?"

Also possible. I believe London had 6 workers. I would wonder why didn’t they reopened with the 6th worker then. 

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#23Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/13/21 at 1:23pm

Anyone know why Yvette left the production??? I loved what she brought to the show, and last year's holiday album, and thought she was a fabulous Fate.......

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 9/13/21 at 01:23 PM

Det95
#24Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/14/21 at 12:02pm

Some bs at the Kerr box office this morning. I asked them to print my ticket and they told me Jujamcyn wasn’t printing tickets. Which considering the Wilson printed my ticket isn’t entirely true. Eventually they told me to ask the day of the performance. Just an FYI for anyone else who wants their ticket printed.

bway0
#25Hadestown (re)Opening night
Posted: 9/14/21 at 1:20pm

Det95 said: "Some bs at the Kerr box office this morning. I asked them to print my ticket and they told me Jujamcyn wasn’t printing tickets. Which considering the Wilson printed my ticket isn’t entirely true. Eventually they told me to ask the day of the performance. Just an FYI for anyone else who wants their ticket printed."

I'm curious- how far out is your performance date? Regardless of how far out, if the ticket is in the system, I dont see the issue just printing it? 

I'm sorry the box office gave you issues this morning. I've only had positive experiences with the Hadestown box office. 

Videos