News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

9/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#19/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 12:08am

Way down Hadestown, way down at the diner.

Tomorrow night, all eyes are on Times Square as the first two Broadway musicals reopen after an 18-month shutdown. Hadestown, the reigning Tony winner for Best Musical, will resume performances at the Walter Kerr, and Waitress - featuring a Tony-nominated score by Sara Bareilles (who will also be leading the cast) - opens up shop at the Ethel Barrymore, across the street from its original home.

Thoughts and reviews for both shows as the night unfolds would as always be welcome. For those going, don your finest mask, remember to show vaccine and ID proof, and enjoy!

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 9/1/21 at 12:08 AM

Alexander Lamar
#29/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 7:59pm

Anyone know if Hadestown or Waitress are having Invited Dress Rehearsal tonight?

BCfitasafiddle
#39/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 8:04pm

Everyone going, enjoy! Hope I get to see something soon.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#49/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 8:08pm

Gutted that i needed to go out of town and am missing one of these tomorrow night. But just think - exactly four weeks from tomorrow, 17 Broadway shows will be open and four weeks after that, 27 will be back. Man, i can’t wait!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#59/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 8:12pm

Alexander Lamar said: "Anyone know if Hadestown or Waitress are having Invited Dress Rehearsal tonight?"

Both are.

Oh look, a bibu!

Alexander Lamar
#69/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 8:31pm

Seeing Waitress tomorrow and Hadestown Friday. I can hardly even believe we’re finally here.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#79/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 8:40pm

Alexander Lamar said: "Anyone know if Hadestown or Waitress are having Invited Dress Rehearsal tonight?"

Yes Hades is.

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#89/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/1/21 at 11:01pm

I'm seeing Hadestown's reopening!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#99/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 12:30am

Apparently the flood warnings were going off during “Everything Changes” at the Waitress invited dress. Was anyone there?

Updated On: 9/2/21 at 12:30 AM

Alexander Lamar
#109/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:35am

What’s the over/under on whether these performances actually happen tonight? I know things very rarely stop in NYC I’m just not sure how bad the flooding actually is and how long it will take to get everything back on track.

Gypsy_Mamma<3
#119/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 9:05am

Could be too soon to tell, but any insights on rush or SRO offerings for Hadestown or Waitress? 

ElphabaGoodman
#129/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 9:18am

Gypsy_Mamma said: "Could be too soon to tell, but any insights on rush or SRO offerings for Hadestown or Waitress?"

Waitress will have $49 rush tickets, at box office day-of only, only ONE ticket per person, e-tickets only.

kwoc91
#139/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 10:06am

I think they will still open. The Subways are a hot mess right now but hopefully the cast + crew have plenty of time to get to the theaters today. 

I work in Midtown so I plan on going to the Hadestown box office during my lunch break to see what's happening regarding last-minute cancellations. I'm sure there are a few people who won't be able to get to the city today (or won't want to because of the situation).

meaghan416
#149/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:13pm

Anyone looking to buy a rear mezz ticket for Waitress tonight. Face Value: $125

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#159/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:22pm

Are these shows still happening? Public transit is a sh*t show right now. 

Updated On: 9/2/21 at 02:22 PM

MattieIce2018
#169/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:35pm

Sutton Ross said: "Are these shows still happening? Public transit is a sh*t show right now."

Per Sara Bareilles' Instagram, the Waitress cast is already in the theater. She posted a video with Drew Gehling about tonight.

Sutton Ross
#179/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:37pm

I am not talking about the cast. I'm referring to people coming to the theater to watch it. The Metro North is out of service. 

"A state of emergency has been declared in New York state. You are urged not to travel at this time."

Updated On: 9/2/21 at 02:37 PM

PipingHotPiccolo
#189/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:46pm

Yeah, i dont see how these shows happen unless something changes in next few hours. There is no mass transit to speak, and the roads are not passable in many suburbs, especially in NJ. 

BCfitasafiddle
#199/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:47pm

So excited!! I'm seeing Hadestown tomorrow night. Can't describe my feelings.

Nolan LuPone
#209/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:53pm

Sutton Ross said: "Are these shows still happening? Public transit is a sh*t show right now."

Phantom Of The Opera opened in the middle of a blizzard. I hope these shows will be able to open.

kwoc91
#219/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:54pm

kwoc91 said: "I think they will still open. The Subways are a hot mess right now but hopefully the cast + crew have plenty of time to get to the theaters today.

I work in Midtown so I plan on going to the Hadestown box office during my lunch break to see what's happening regarding last-minute cancellations. I'm sure there are a few people who won't be able to get to the city today (or won't want to because of the situation).
"

Update - swung by the box offices for Hadestown and Waitress around noon. At the Hadestown box office, they said there were no tickets available, but they strongly suggested I come back later. I'll check back when I'm done with work at 5:30ish. At Waitress, they had one Orchestra ticket available for $300 (no thanks) and the rush tickets were unsurprisingly already claimed. I'm hoping if I linger around both theaters close to curtain I might be able to snag a decent ticket, but I live close by so no sweat if I don't. I'll also mention that the box office workers at both theaters were extremely friendly!

Hamilfan2
#229/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 2:59pm

kwoc91 said: "kwoc91 said: "I think they will still open. The Subways are a hot mess right now but hopefully the cast + crew have plenty of time to get to the theaters today.

"

Update - swung by the box offices for Hadestown and Waitress around noon. At the Hadestown box office, they said there were no tickets available, but they strongly suggested I come back later. I'll check back when I'm done with work at 5:30ish. At Waitress, they had one Orchestra ticket available for $300 (no thanks) and the rush tickets were unsurprisingly already claimed. I'm hoping if I linger around both theaters close to curtain I might be able to snag a decent ticket, but I live close by so no sweat if I don't. I'll also mention that the box office workers at both theaters were extremely friendly!
"

Waitress announced on Twitter that it would have a standby line starting one hour before curtain.  So I wonder if more tickets will become available then? https://twitter.com/waitressmusical/status/1433439795573841926?s=21 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#239/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 4:35pm

André De Shields Serenades Dress Rehearsal Audience

Also - Tom Hewitt looks GOOD. I mean - DAMN. 

BwayMan3
#249/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 5:00pm

My friend got stuck in a flood in Westchester and I now have one ticket available for Hadestown tonight. It’s for Mezzanine Center Row F. Please PM me if interested.

Sutton Ross
#259/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread
Posted: 9/2/21 at 6:30pm

I cannot imagine the explosion of emotion, excitement and pure love in both theaters this evening. Have the BEST time guys and stay safe!

9/2/21 Reopening Nights Thread

Videos