Waitress Casting

hearthemsing22
#50Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/14/21 at 8:58pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I wonder if Desi Oakley will take over after Sara in Waitress (or Roxie in Chicago after Ana V.)? She posted a photo thread on Instagram, where she tagged Waitress and Chicago. "

She’s been in both shows (Chicago on Broadway and Waitress on tour/West End) and was probably invited to their invited dress rehearsals due to her involvement in both shows. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#51Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 12:43pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I wonder if Desi Oakley will take over after Sara in Waitress (or Roxie in Chicago after Ana V.)? She posted a photo thread on Instagram, where she tagged Waitress and Chicago. "

She’s been in both shows (Chicago on Broadway and Waitress on tour/West End) and was probably invited to their invited dress rehearsals due to her involvement in both shows.
"

I see. I wonder how many Jennas we might have by the time the limited engagement is over. 2-3?

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#52Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 2:51pm

I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#53Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 10:55pm

Saw the show tonight. I absolutely loved my return trip to the diner. So much energy from the whole cast. Sara's voice did sound raw at times -- more so than the previous times I saw her. But overall, great evening. I cried.

hearthemsing22
#54Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:00pm

Plannietink08 said: "I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway. "

what’s with the snark? Geez. Unless you actually work in casting on a show, anything could happen. Yes it is far fetched and unlikely that she would ever play Jenna but easy on the snark. Goodness. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#55Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:02pm

We’re talking about Lea Michele? Lol. Y’all need to realize - NOBODY wants to work with her. She can put out all the feelers she wants but she’s known as a nightmare with no box office draw. There’s zero benefit in putting her in a leading role in a show.

hearthemsing22
#56Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/15/21 at 11:27pm

Jordan Catalano said: "We’re talking about Lea Michele? Lol. Y’all need to realize - NOBODY wants to work with her. She can put out all the feelers she wants but she’s known as a nightmare with no box office draw. There’s zero benefit in putting her in a leading role in a show. "

I can’t imagine anyone wanting to cast her in anything right now. So true. 

Plannietink08
#57Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 5:18am

hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway. "

what’s with the snark? Geez. Unless you actually work in casting on a show, anything could happen. Yes it is far fetched and unlikely that she would ever play Jenna but easy on the snark. Goodness.

"

Calm down, Lea Michele. Jeez. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#58Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 9:25am

“Easy on the snark!” to agreeing with the exact same sentiment but from another poster…the kids on here are truly strange.

When do you think we’ll get an announcement? I’m assuming last week of September/first week of October?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

hearthemsing22
#59Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 10:29am

Plannietink08 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway. "

"

"

Lol when has telling someone to calm down ever worked out in a good way. Please don’t say that. 

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#60Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 11:38am

Sigh, really wish Lea Michele hadn't given herself the reputation she has because her voice is so beautiful ... probably could give a heart breaking performance as Jenna. 

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

singer234
#61Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 11:54am

I still sooo want to see Laura Bell Bundy do this.

alex814
#62Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 1:12pm

singer234 said: "I still sooo want to see Laura Bell Bundy do this."

Oooh

Plannietink08
#63Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 6:10pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway. "

"

"

Lol when has telling someone to calm down ever worked out in a good way. Please don’t say that.
"

Seriously. Calm down. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#64Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/16/21 at 6:30pm

Laura Bell Bundy or Megan Hilty would both be fabulous with this score.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

WestEndGal
#65Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/18/21 at 9:45pm

I honestly wouldn’t be against Lea Michele as Jenna - she’s got an amazing voice and I’m sure she’s capable of not just playing Rachel Berry in everything she does. I also think the social media pile on last year was just too much, and hopefully she’s had time to reflect and be a better colleague going forward, because she’s obviously ruffled feathers along the way.

I do think the Weisslers will try and get a named star if possible, if it continues after Sara? - it’s not a show that thrives on its name alone (like Moulin Rouge). Previous star names like Sara, Jason Mraz, Kat McPhee and Colleen Bollinger really made a difference to box office.

If they don’t go for a star casting, please no to Shoshana Bean lol. I just really didn’t love her Jenna, it was way OTT for me. But I’ve always liked the more nuanced quieter Jennas - Kat and Nicolette were my faves.

hearthemsing22
#66Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/18/21 at 9:48pm

Plannietink08 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Plannietink08 said: "I’d believe that Lea herself is trying to put the feelers out in order to try and attempt a comeback but given how the main character of WAITRESS overcomes abuse and Lea herself has been accused of mental abuse, plus the threat of physical abuse, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that she will never be cast as Jenna on Broadway. "

"

"

"

Seriously. Calm down."

Seriously hush. It’s obnoxious when people tell others to calm down. 

Zion24
#67Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/18/21 at 10:02pm

WestEndGal said: "If they don’t go for a star casting, please no to Shoshana Bean lol. I just really didn’t love her Jenna, it was way OTT for me. But I’ve always liked the more nuanced quieter Jennas - Kat and Nicolette were my faves."

Sho Bean makes no sense for box office purposes but she was absolutely brilliant as Jenna, start to finish (and i didn't think she would be when I first heard she was cast)

hearthemsing22
#68Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/18/21 at 10:04pm

WestEndGal said: "I honestly wouldn’t be against Lea Michele as Jenna - she’s got an amazing voice and I’m sure she’s capable of not just playing Rachel Berry in everything she does. I also think the social media pile on last year was just too much, and hopefully she’s had time to reflect and be a better colleague going forward, because she’s obviously ruffled feathers along the way.

I do think the Weisslers will try and get a named star if possible, if it continues after Sara? - it’s not a show that thrives on its name alone (like Moulin Rouge). Previous star names like Sara, Jason Mraz, Kat McPhee and Colleen Bollinger really made a difference to box office.

If they don’t go for a star casting, please no to Shoshana Bean lol. I just really didn’t love her Jenna, it was way OTT for me. But I’ve always liked the more nuanced quieter Jennas - Kat and Nicolette were my faves.
"

I’d never seen Shoshana in anything else, and I have to agree…I didn’t find every riff necessary that she brought. I appreciate every actor who has played Jenna for their takes and what they bring though! I just wouldn’t bring her back. 

rkade21
#69Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/18/21 at 10:37pm

I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs.

hearthemsing22
#70Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/19/21 at 11:40am

rkade21 said: "I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs. "

Honestly I’d love for Jessie to come back…but wouldn’t she be doing The Minutes? 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#71Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/19/21 at 11:45am

rkade21 said: "I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs. "

I'd be thrilled if Jessie came back to close it out. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#72Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/19/21 at 11:55am

Warren is leaving TINA, but I'd guess and say she's probably done with Broadway. But that would be brilliant casting.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#73Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/19/21 at 12:13pm

hearthemsing22 said: "rkade21 said: "I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs. "

Honestly I’d love for Jessie to come back…but wouldn’t she be doing The Minutes?
"

The Minutes doesn't start previews until March.

hearthemsing22
#74Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/19/21 at 12:15pm

TaffyDavenport said: "hearthemsing22 said: "rkade21 said: "I have dreams of Jessie Mueller returning to close the role, or an Adrienne Warren - Joshua Henry casting after seeing her sing SUTBM and him duets some Waitress songs. "

"

The Minutes doesn't start previews until March.
"

Hmm. Interesting…I’d love for her to come back. Has she ever said anything about being done with the role or do we think there’s even a small chance she could come back?