pixeltracker

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews- Page 2

THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews

stagemag1615582571
#25THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/1/22 at 9:16pm

See it Jan 2. Sorry to see it go. Brilliant performances in likewise show. Two of the 3 actors will appear in LA last I read.  Tempted to fly out for it.  Just loved Godley in it.  

I saw show several times in orch right row E or H. Seats are awful. Narrow and little leg room.  I did like cooler temp though. Guess they cranked AC bc actors are wearing those long, heavy coats. I heard they shut down the bar in many theaters bc of covid. Lehman always had a long line. Long show not to offer something, even water.

Updated On: 1/1/22 at 09:16 PM

jiaxing_26
#26THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/1/22 at 9:27pm

Tempted to catch the last performance if it's offered on TKTS tmrw 

Braniff Forever
#27THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/1/22 at 9:48pm

OMG! I saw THE LEHMAN TRILOGY a few weeks ago, and it was one of the best plays I’ve ever seen! And I’ve seen almost 80 shows on Broadway, and this ranks at the very top. The only other plays I’ve enjoyed as much were THE INHERITANCE and THE AUDIENCE. Lehman might actually be the best of the three. So if there’s any chance for anyone to see it, please do! You will not regret the length! It flies by! I believe it is showing in the spring in LA and SF. I hope to catch it again out there. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#28THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/2/22 at 7:32pm

Kudos to Lehman Trilogy ending its limited run today! To my knowledge it did not have any cancellations during this difficult time on Broadway.

LarryD2
#29THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/3/22 at 8:53am

Wick3 said: "Kudos to Lehman Trilogy ending its limited run today! To my knowledge it did not have any cancellations during this difficult time on Broadway."

Yup, no canceled performances. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no understudies went on.

The Other One
#30THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/3/22 at 9:16am

LarryD2 said: "Wick3 said: "Kudos to Lehman Trilogy ending its limited run today! To my knowledge it did not have any cancellations during this difficult time on Broadway."

Yup, no canceled performances. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no understudies went on.
"

You are wrong.  Aaron Krohn went on instead of Adam Godley this past Wednesday night.  I am not sure about any other understudied roles.

LarryD2
#31THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/3/22 at 9:33am

The Other One said: "LarryD2 said: "Wick3 said: "Kudos to Lehman Trilogy ending its limited run today! To my knowledge it did not have any cancellations during this difficult time on Broadway."

"

You are wrong. Aaron Krohn went on instead of Adam Godley this past Wednesday night. I am not sure about any other understudied roles.

"

Okay, so one (?) understudy went on for one performance over the course of a 3.5-month run. That is still remarkable at the current moment when some shows are literally playing with all-understudy casts.

I was not a huge fan of this particular play but hats off to them for safely and efficiently keeping the show running throughout its entire run.

The Other One
#32THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 1/3/22 at 9:39am

I loved the play and production.  The understudy was terrific.  There was no indication whatsoever that he was not the regular cast member.  When you consider that three actors carry this three hour play, that is quite an accomplishment.  Job well done, starting I am sure at the top with Mr. Mendes.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#33THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/10/22 at 12:39am

Saw this in LA and, oof, this just was not the show for me. Basically just a Wikipedia article. All the actors were terrific, but the whole thing felt... stale? The projections felt "google image search" to me. The turntable was overused and the extras at the end felt not needed. The writing felt overwrought. The whole thing was too long and the characters just uninteresting. They get rich, they die. The end. Terrific actors, but just did not work for me as a dramatic piece. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#34THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/10/22 at 1:45am

saw it in LA and think this is a masterwork.  absolutely entertaining and riveting 

acting, writing and direction at its finest.

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#35THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/10/22 at 11:37am

I didn't get the chance to see this when I was in NYC this winter, so I went to see it at the Ahmanson last night. It was so good! The cast was incredible, particularly the two veterans of multiple productions, and the staging was so well done - I was sitting fairly close, on the far side of the orchestra, and I don't think anyone was ever out of my sight. The piano accompaniment was beautiful and effective. I was concerned about the length, but the three hours really flew by. 

If you're interested in seeing the LA production, there looked to be plenty of empty seats, which was great for spreading out a bit, but I'm sure less than ideal for the theater and the cast. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/10/22 at 1:13pm

Even though it wasn't for me, I will say the time flew by. So don't let the length scare you. Glad everyone enjoyed it! 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#37THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/11/22 at 3:05pm

Got cheap tickets thru TodayTix.   Says its Orchestra seating general admission.. I wonder how this works at the Ahmanson?  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

SouthernCakes
#38THE LEHMAN TRILOGY - Reviews
Posted: 3/11/22 at 9:56pm

I’m sure they’d assign your seats once you pick up your tickets. But given 2 intermissions it’s pretty easy to move around.