pixeltracker

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews- Page 8

CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews

Toll357
#175CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:49pm

Was at the matinee today when they cancelled right before as well. 

The evening show did happen.

tgc07
#176CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 11:43pm

For 8pm show tonight, everyone was there except Lee Harrington was on as Emma Goldman. 

multimattvids
#177CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/9/22 at 12:10am

Toll357 said: "Was at the matinee today when they cancelled right before as well.

The evening show did happen.
"

Yeah, I saw that! Kinda confused about how the night show happened if the matinee wasn't able to go on cause of COVID. I was able to snag a ticket for next Saturday after stalking the ticket website for a couple of hours.

AllThatJazz2
#178CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/10/22 at 5:41pm

Been stalking their ticket site and managed to snag a seat on the 20th! Was hoping to nab one for my last remaining show slot for my NYC trip next week. Very excited!

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#179CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/12/22 at 3:04pm

Just got an email from CSC that Danny Wolohan is joining the cast in the role of Samuel Byck on January 14th. Has Andy Grotelueschen left the show? I just find it a bit bizarre to have a casting change so late in the run.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#180CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/12/22 at 3:08pm

It's not really that bizarre for a non-profit show that's been extended. Also, there's a global pandemic happening. Out of context it's sort of weird, I guess. It's nice they've cast a replacement and are announcing and crediting him, instead of just letting the understudy complete the run unannounced. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#181CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/12/22 at 7:25pm

Fair enough!

JasonC3
#182CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/13/22 at 1:28pm

Lots of available seats (all priced $250) for the benefit final performance on Jan. 30.

ashley0139
#183CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/13/22 at 10:22pm

I’ve been stalking the website for weeks and finally a few tickets for this Saturday night popped up! So excited to see this!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#184CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/13/22 at 10:41pm

ashley0139 said: "I’ve been stalking the website for weeks and finally a few tickets for this Saturday night popped up! So excited to see this!"

Congrats! I loved it! 

ashley0139
#185CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/13/22 at 11:31pm

Miles2Go2 said: "ashley0139 said: "I’ve been stalking the website for weeks and finally a few tickets for this Saturday night popped up! So excited to see this!"

Congrats! I loved it!
"

Thanks! I don’t know the show at all but I am very excited. It will be a Sondheim trip - we are seeing company the next day (already seen that one once). 

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#186CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/21/22 at 10:24pm

Just got out of the theater - what an absolutely thrilling show. I probably can’t say much about it that hasn’t been said, but how I am very very grateful I was able to get a ticket for this. The performances were phenomenal, and overall I really liked the direction of it. The (spoilers) staging of the assassins overwhelming the balladeer, and then Oswald spending all of something just broke understanding the levity of his actions. I just loved both those choices, really really made it all work for me. When I was first listening to the cast recording a few weeks ago I couldn’t understand the purpose of the show. How can something like this excuse, and borderline glamorize these people? But I made a point to read different analysis of the show, and I really think that paid off. The message that these people are (for the most part) average citizens who got lulled by a false promise. And that those assassins are desperate to fulfill that promise. So desperate they lasso in more, just so they can relive that promise. What a show!

According to the ushers, john weidman was also supposedly in the audience tonight, though I failed to recognize him.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#187CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 12:05pm

Judy Kuhn just posted on Twitter that she has Covid but hopes to be back for the final shows.

angoradebs
#188CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 12:30pm

That would indicate that they'd let her back before 10 days, presumably with a negative test. Unless she actually tested positive a few days ago and has been out?

Have tickets for Thursday. I don't mind seeing understudies at all, just hope the show doesn't have to cancel any performances

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#189CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 12:57pm

Wow - definitely counting my lucky stars that I got to see her Friday night. Hopefully she can be back by the end, manifesting good health for her and her family/the rest of the company.

hollebolle
#190CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 4:41pm

The show was great today, as expected! Victor Garber was in the audience, which was special since he originated Booth (also spotted Cynthia Nixon and Martin Short).

I think it was Lee Harrington’s first performance as Sarah Jane Moore, and she killed it!

ashley0139
#191CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 5:44pm

hollebolle said: "The show was great today, as expected! Victor Garber was in the audience, which was special since he originated Booth (also spotted Cynthia Nixon and Martin Short).

I think it was Lee Harrington’s first performance as Sarah Jane Moore, and she killed it!
"

Saw her as Emma Goldman last week and she was great! 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#192CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 6:56pm

hollebolle said: "The show was great today, as expected! Victor Garber was in the audience, which was special since he originated Booth (also spotted Cynthia Nixon and Martin Short).
"

Garber and Short were among the actors at the post-show stage door greeting all who offered good wishes.  I heard Short say to Garber, "let's take our masks off!"  They didn't, but walked towards Pasquale  to chat.

I heard the ushers talking that Lee was a last-minute notice of her role (1st time they said)  which caused the delay getting folks into theater.  She received a round of applause from the cast at the stage door gathering.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#193CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 7:00pm

benfox2 said: "Just got out of the theater - what an absolutely thrilling show. I probably can’t say much about it that hasn’t been said, but how I am very very grateful I was able to get a ticket for this. The performances were phenomenal, and overall I really liked the direction of it......The message that these people are (for the most part) average citizens who got lulled by a false promise. And that those assassins are desperate to fulfill that promise. So desperate they lasso in more, just so they can relive that promise. What a show!

Sound familiar? Former president?  Might explain the Jan 6 Capitol riot as the last projected visual.

I'm sure those assassins weren't playing with a full deck either.

According to the ushers, john weidman was also supposedly in the audience tonight, though I failed to recognize him."

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#194CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 7:04pm

Updated On: 1/25/22 at 07:04 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#195CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews

Great show and performances. Will it transition to B'way?  

I'm curious where The Flag Song would've been in show and sorry it wasn't put back.  Was a great song. 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#196CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews

Great show and performances. Will it transition to B'way?  

I'm curious where The Flag Song would've been in show and sorry it wasn't put back.  Was a great song. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#197CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 7:26pm

I doubt Sondheim (or his estate) would allow The Flag Song to be put in the show since he already re-used the melody for Road Show. A little awkward. 

Also - when in the creative process did that song get cut? It occurs to me, I have no idea which character is even supposed to sing it, or at which point in the show. I can’t think where it would fit organically. 

hollebolle
#198CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 7:29pm

JayElle said: "I heard the ushers talking that Lee was a last-minute notice of her role (1st time they said) which caused the delay getting folks into theater. She received a round of applause from the cast at the stage door gathering."

Yes, that recognition was lovely! She didn’t miss a beat.

I also forgot to mention Danny Wolohan, who took over as Sam Byck last week. His take felt more grounded than Byck is usually portrayed, which I found captivating.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#199CSC’s ASSASSINS Revival - Previews
Posted: 1/23/22 at 8:07pm

Sound familiar? Former president? Might explain the Jan 6 Capitol riot as the last projected visual.

I'm sure those assassins weren't playing with a full deck either.

Great Point! I thought the last projection was a bit heavy handed for my liking? But definitely an apt comparison(i just think it could've been done subtler).

As for Danny Wolohan, he was also really fantastic, I was a little worried about getting a replacement so late in the run, but he blew me away. He seems to have pretty big credits to his name for such a late limited run join? I wonder if/hope that this is a sign towards a broadway transfer. The whole production was really fantastic and had stayed with me in a way not a lot of shows do. To get to see it again would be an absolute treat.