pixeltracker

AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022- Page 2

AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022

NativeNYer2
#25AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:13am

Maybe the Imperial will get Sing Street. if Tina’s cancellation announcement is imminent, then the Lunt-Fontanne could be another ideal choice for it.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#26AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:53am

Imperial possibly gets ALW's CINDERELLA next season. Lunt probably gets ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME (the Nederlanders are producing it) either this season or next.

IF Sing Street comes in, it would be completely idiotic to open at a theatre that large.

As discussed at length, we'll probably see multiple theatres dark this spring, especially the big houses like the Lunt and Imperial.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#27AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 12:53am

Imperial possibly gets ALW's CINDERELLA next season. Lunt probably gets ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME (the Nederlanders are producing it) either this season or next.

IF Sing Street comes in, it would be completely idiotic to open at a theatre that large.

As discussed at length, we'll probably see multiple theatres dark this spring, especially the big houses like the Lunt and Imperial.

SouthernCakes
#28AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 1:33am

So sad! This was thriving pre-pandemic. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#29AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 1:52am

I think it would be something special if Cam Mac were to be able to bring over the Les Mis concert production. The imperial would suit well as an homage to the original production. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#30AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 1:57am

Call_me_jorge said: "I think it would be something special if Cam Mac were to be able to bring over the Les Mis concert production. The imperial would suit well as an homage to the original production."

Don't forget the 2014 revival, which I got to see with the first replacement cast (Carpenter, Henningsen, Lark, Izen, Lee, Smith) plus Ramin... it remains one of the best revivals I have ever seen, and from what I have heard, that cast was leagues better than the original 2014 cast.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 12/29/21 at 01:57 AM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#31AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 10:52am

Just so damn sad, from SRO in March 2020 to no advance to keep going. F**K this 'rona. It's a sensational show that deserved a longer run. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#32AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 10:56am

The pandemic cannot take full blame for this closing. It did good solid business for one year. At the time when the pandemic hit, sales were likely beginning to soften and would have become even softer through the spring and summer as new shows opened. Bio-musicals generally don't have a long shelf life, with rare exceptions (Jersey Boys, Beautiful, etc)

That it did this well only a few years after MOTOWN is extremely impressive.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#33AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 11:58am

and from what I have heard, that cast was leagues better than the original 2014 cast. 

LOLZ. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#34AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 2:56pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "The pandemic cannot take full blame for this closing. It did good solid business for one year. At the time when the pandemic hit, sales were likely beginning to soften and would have become even softer through the spring and summer as new shows opened. Bio-musicals generally don't have a long shelf life, with rare exceptions (Jersey Boys, Beautiful, etc)

That it did this well only a few years after MOTOWN is extremely impressive.
"

I was in tickets for a living until the pandemic and it was still one of our top shows, and in fact, in the weeks leading up to the shutdown, it had higher grosses, average ticket price, and capacity than a good number of the other shows playing at the time. Now of course, that could've changed as the year went on, but at the time, it still had huge momentum going for it.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#35AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 3:11pm

The pandemic killed any momentum, and it’s market within New York metro area had dried up. It’s advance upon reopening was nowhere near what it was pre-pandemic. While omicron certainly sped it up, the show was on track to close in spring unfortunately 

Islander_fan
#36AIN'T TOO PROUD To Close on January 16, 2022
Posted: 12/29/21 at 5:05pm

Sutton Ross said: "and from what I have heard, that cast was leagues better than the original 2014 cast.

LOLZ.
"

Wow so you’re laughing at someone just because they liked something different than you? Classic Sutton. You do know that just because someone likes something you don’t doesn’t mean that you’re right and they’re wrong. 

Anyways, I know that the Schubert’s do not like to keep the Imperal closed for long. One thing I learned during some of the shifts I worked there was that, due to the size of the company, they have office space spread around the theater district. One such space is upstairs in the Imperial. That is why it’s one that has constant shows. If you look at IBDB, you’ll notice that it’s been a revolving door for shows. For example, Les Miserables closed in the fall, right way that theatre had Great Comet that spring etc. However, given the way things are, who knows when it will next have a tenant 

Updated On: 12/29/21 at 05:05 PM

KevinKlawitter