London -June/July 2022

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#25London -June/July 2021
Posted: 2/2/22 at 7:24pm

Just learned that Mark Rylance is doing a revival of Jerusalem at the Apollo. through August 7, 2022. But it appears to be sold out the weeks we may be there. Of course there is "sold out" and there is actually "sold out". 

Andre4 Profile Photo
Andre4
#26London -June/July 2021
Posted: 2/2/22 at 9:36pm

Straight Line Crazy with Ralph Fiennes is also on

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#27London -June/July 2021
Posted: 2/3/22 at 1:26pm

&Juliet is playing in June/July! We would have seen it B.C. but spouse's 2020 conference got cancelled due to the virus. 

Maybe this time.... 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#28London -June/July 2021
Posted: 2/5/22 at 11:29pm

Saw it right when it opened and absolutely loved it.  Great choice.  

VernonGersch
#29London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/1/22 at 12:59am

Eagerly awaiting new casting of Caberet and what the Donmar might have up its sleeve for the Summer.  

Harriet Craig Profile Photo
Harriet Craig
#30London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/9/22 at 1:02pm

ggersten said: "Just learned that Mark Rylance is doing a revival of Jerusalem at the Apollo. through August 7, 2022. But it appears to be sold out the weeks we may be there. Of course there is "sold out" and there is actually "sold out"."

I just got email from Sonia Friedman Productions, announcing that additional tickets for Jerusalem will be released “across all performances” this Friday (March 11). If I did the math right, it looks like they’ll be released at 10 am London time, so 5 am Eastern time in the US.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#31London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/11/22 at 8:50am

Only was offered balcony seats to Jerusalem. But booked two anyways.

This the first time the Balcony at the Apollo has been open since the collapse almost 10 years ago during Curious Incident.

Am told there also we be 300 seats put on sale every Monday at 10am (London time) and 40 day seats.

Updated On: 3/11/22 at 08:50 AM

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#32London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 9:19am

The new season of the Donmar should be announced on Wednesday and I think it might include a couple of Broadway imports

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#33London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:05pm

I’ll also be there in June to see The Glass Menagerie, The Burnt City, and Jerusalem. Also hoping to catch Cabaret, but I’m open to seeing what’s around at that time.

Since I haven’t seen it mentioned yet, and even though it hasn’t started performances, I’m throwing my rec in for The Burnt City. It’s Punchdrunk’s latest large-scale immersive show and their biggest in scale to date, so it’ll at the very least be visually stunning.

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 12:05 PM

imeldasturn
#34London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 1:13pm

Apparently the Donmar will do Band's Visit and Doll's House Part II this summer. Last year Baz announced that Laurie Metcalf was supposed to bring the play to London but I don't know if she's still attached

VernonGersch
#35London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/12/22 at 9:44pm

how great it would it be to have Doll's House Part II at the most intimate of theaters. and hopefully first up after Marys Seacole 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#36London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:52am

I see that The Glass Menagerie starring Amy Adams will be at the Duke of York's Theatre - but ticket prices are ... pricey (for West End).  23 May to 27 August.

i might try to pick up a day seat (if they are offered), but not booking ahead of time.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#37London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:57am

I am so so so so so excited for “Glass Menagerie”.

VernonGersch
#38London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/20/22 at 10:48pm

a production of a new Theresa Rebeck play named MAD HOUSE is set to open this summer with David Barbour and Bill Pullman.  Always interested in a new play.  Intrigued. 

David Harbour and Bill Pullman star in MAD HOUSE, a dark and funny new play by Theresa Rebeck (Seminar, Smash, Bernhardt/Hamlet).

In rural Pennsylvania, Michael has returned to his childhood home to look after his dying father. His siblings Ned and Pam soon arrive, determined to work out how much money Dad actually has left and how they're getting their hands on it.

David Harbour (Stranger Things, Black Widow, The Newsroom) and Bill Pullman (The Sinner, All My Sons, Independence Day) return to the West End in the world premiere of Theresa Rebeck's new play. Directed by Moritz von Stuelpnagel (Hand to God, Present Laughter), MAD HOUSE opens at the Ambassadors Theatre this June for a strictly-limited season.

imeldasturn
#39London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 6:08am

How are Teresa Rebeck plays still being produced is a mystery to me considering that their quality is pretty low.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/mar/21/new-season-london-donmar-shocking-play-climate-crisis

The new Donmar season has been announced and, as I mentioned a few posts ago, it includes the UK debuts of Doll's House Part II (with Noma Dumezweni) and The Band's Visit.

London -June/July 2022London -June/July 2022

Updated On: 3/21/22 at 06:08 AM

Jordan Catalano
#40London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 7:21am

Norma is such a f’ng amazing actress I truly can’t wait for this, now. 

Owen22
#41London -June/July 2022
Posted: 3/21/22 at 7:42am

imeldasturn said: "How are Teresa Rebeck plays still being produced is a mystery to me considering that their quality is pretty low.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/mar/21/new-season-london-donmar-shocking-play-climate-crisis

The new Donmar season has been announced and, as I mentioned a few posts ago, it includes the UK debuts of Doll's House Part II (with Noma Dumezweni) and The Band's Visit.

London -June/July 2022London -June/July 2022
"

Damn, leaving the UK just a week before Dolls House II opens!!  I've been wondering why it's taken so long for this play to cross the pond.  Interesting that the Donmar is not using the David Cromer direction for Band's Visit, but I loved what Michael Longhurst did with Caroline Or Change!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#42London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/1/22 at 5:11pm

We have booked Jerusalem, Legally Blonde (Regent Park Open Air) and Bonnie & Clyde.

And now the temptation to see Cinderella is resolved by its closing announcement.

Still considering &Juliet and Glass Menagerie - likely for day seats. 

VernonGersch
#43London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/1/22 at 7:16pm

& Julliet was super fun....I hope you go and just have fun. 

Curious about that new mysterious show at Royal Court so might check that one out as well.

Got Cabaret tix and I believe that a new cast of leads - that haven't been announced - will start 28 June.

Loved Jerusalem when I saw it in NYC but with limited slots - can't see that one.   I have Glass Menagerie tix and curious how the early buzz is when it goes up.  Going to see Jack Absolute at National and waiting on early word from Chichester Festival on The Southbury Child as it debuts their first,

Poor Menier Chocolate Factory - no summer season announced

Jordan Catalano
#44London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/1/22 at 7:19pm

Yeah still waiting on that. This summer I’ll be there in May, July & August and just hoping everything goes ok. Cases are down but it’s such a different environment, I can’t help but be anxious. 

imeldasturn
#45London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/1/22 at 7:44pm

Menier is being refurbished 

MadsonMelo
#46London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/2/22 at 2:51am

The way “Gentlemans Guide” is the only Tony Winner in years without a London Production is soo sad London -June/July 2022

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#47London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/2/22 at 8:50am

MadsonMelo said: "The way “Gentlemans Guide” is the only Tony Winner in years without a London Production is soo sad London -June/July 2022"

It would be perfect for the Chocolate Factory! Can't believe we still haven't had next to normal either.

Andre4 Profile Photo
Andre4
#48London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/3/22 at 4:40am

Since theatre peeps with an interest in London are reading this let me see if there is interest: my wife and I have two pairs of individually excellent tickets for our theatre week in London that we cannot use anymore and would love to sell for face value. Both shows are incidentally for the evening of Wed June 1 and are orchestra seats, one pair is for Co** (£85 each), one pair is for Jerusalem (£125 each).

in case you were wondering: These are legitimate - we had originally wanted to see Co## with Taron and then bought tickets to Jerusalem with Mark Rylance when Taron dropped out. Then we saw that Wembley had an amazing soccer game that night and decided to go to that since we have 11 other shows that week and had never seen soccer at Wembley (only Adele!) :)

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested - would be great to get these sold to theatre-loving people!

imeldasturn
#49London -June/July 2022
Posted: 5/5/22 at 2:33pm

https://deadline.com/2022/05/the-crown-peter-morgan-russian-oligarchs-new-play-tom-hollander-to-star-1235017068/

Peter Morgan's (The Crown, Frost/Nixon) new play Patriots will open at the Almeida in July, directed by Rupert Goold and featuring Tom Hollander, Luke Thallon, Will Keen and Yolanda Kettle