pixeltracker

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews- Page 2

AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews

MadsonMelo
#25AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 4:24pm

TaffyDavenport said: "I don't know about the NYT code, but ABHUD311 probably does the same thing."

Do you if I can use this at the box office without having to pay the fees or only for online/phone bookings?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#26AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 4:48pm

NYT code is ABNYT1221

I used this at the box office and no fees!

bwayplays
#27AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 7:02pm

Mark_E said: "I've seen a handful of Mamet plays before (Speed the Plow, Oleanna, The Woods) but this was my first encounter with American Buffalo. I did quite like the play itself although perhaps not as much as Oleanna.

This production though! The acting here was top notch from all three gentlemen, very impressive, and as you can see from the set pictures, it's beautiful. I was totally engaged throughout.

As for seating, difficult to judge. I was sat in the "cheap" seats F402 and thought I had a really good view, especially for the price. I would actually think AA/BB/CC in the 300s would be restricted due to some large props potentially blocking the view, and the majority of the play is definitely played towards the "high 200's" end. Optimal spot is probably B-E in the central 200's. But I certainly wouldn't pass on the 400's for a cheaper option (only $49 with the NYT discount code)
"

Was your seat - F402 an aisle seat? 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#28AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 7:14pm

It was. I'd say D402 in that section (also on the aisle) would be the best seat, and the equivalent on the other side.

bwayplays
#29AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 7:23pm

Mark_E said: "It was. I'd say D402 in that section (also on the aisle) would be the best seat, and the equivalent on the other side."

Thank you!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#30AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 7:54pm

Rushed this morning via TodayTix and our seats are Row B, Seats 206 and 208, which appear to be excellent! Looking forward to the performance. 

rafarosgon
#31AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 11:11pm

My seat was AA 224. I would say the first two row are worth the price for the 200’s section. I agree that there are some major props that could potential block if you’re seating under the 300’s section in the first couple of rows. It was a great immersive experience and I totally recommend the “lateral” sides of the theatre for this show. 

MasterThespian 2
#32AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/24/22 at 11:47pm

rafarosgon said: "My seat was AA 224. I would say the first two row are worth the price for the 200’s section. I agree that there are some major props that could potential block if you’re seating under the 300’s section in the first couple of rows. It was a great immersive experience and I totally recommend the “lateral” sides of the theatre for this show."

That’s good to know. Seems like Row A Seat 237 should offer a fine view, correct? 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#33AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 12:43am

Overall a good production. I was surrounded by Criss fans (Stans I suppose) who made my life a living hell. He was more than serviceable but my god, to his biggest fans, please get another hobby besides chasing him to a David Mamet (of all people) play. 

MadsonMelo
#34AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 4:38pm

Mark_E said: "I've seen a handful of Mamet plays before (Speed the Plow, Oleanna, The Woods) but this was my first encounter with American Buffalo. I did quite like the play itself although perhaps not as much as Oleanna.

This production though! The acting here was top notch from all three gentlemen, very impressive, and as you can see from the set pictures, it's beautiful. I was totally engaged throughout.

As for seating, difficult to judge. I was sat in the "cheap" seats F402 and thought I had a really good view, especially for the price. I would actually think AA/BB/CC in the 300s would be restricted due to some large props potentially blocking the view, and the majority of the play is definitely played towards the "high 200's" end. Optimal spot is probably B-E in the central 200's. But I certainly wouldn't pass on the 400's for a cheaper option (only $49 with the NYT discount code)
"

Hi, would you say any of the 400's seat section is not good? I don't wanna pay the fees, so I'm looking daily to seats close to where you seat. Right now there's 4 rows with seats between 402 to 410. Would you say I should avoid any? The more closer to the aisle, the better?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#35AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 6:04pm

Hi, would you say any of the 400's seat section is not good? I don't wanna pay the fees, so I'm looking daily to seats close to where you seat. Right now there's 4 rows with seats between 402 to 410. Would you say I should avoid any? The more closer to the aisle, the better?"

C/D on the aisle probably the best

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#36AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 8:14pm

Sadly the code doesn't work on Saturdays, so I'm hoping to snag a rush tomorrow by just walking up to the box office, or TKTS, or just StubHub works too... we shall see what happens.

MadsonMelo
#37AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 10:42pm

haterobics said: "Sadly the code doesn't work on Saturdays, so I'm hoping to snag a rush tomorrow by just walking up to the box office, or TKTS, or just StubHub works too... we shall see what happens."

Really? the $79 tickets becomes $59 on the saturday performances when I put the code.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#38AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/25/22 at 11:20pm

Future Saturdays, yes. Tomorrow night, neither show can be selected for the discount?!? This is on telechargeoffers.com, yes?

I'll try TodayTix at 9a and hope for the best.

rafarosgon
#39AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 12:38am

MasterThespian 2 said: "rafarosgon said: "My seat was AA 224. I would say the first two row are worth the price for the 200’s section. I agree that there are some major props that could potential block if you’re seating under the 300’s section in the first couple of rows. It was a great immersive experience and I totally recommend the “lateral” sides of the theatre for this show."

That’s good to know. Seems like Row A Seat 237 should offer a fine view, correct?
"

Not obstruction at all. Most of the acting occurs in the central part of the stage, so the 200’s are great for not missing anything. I would say that the “worst” seats in the house for this production are the 400’s

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#40AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 8:58am

Duckie4 said: "I'm not a big fan of Mamet in general, but couldn't pass up seeing this cast. Rockwell and Fishburne are a veritable masterclass in how to handle Mamet's dialogue. And although I had been confused by Darren Criss's casting when this cast was announced, he held his own against these two powerhouse surprisingly well. This play FLEW by. The play itself in lesser hands would be a slogfest. I highly recommend it.

I'd hate to be the stage crew resetting the set each night, though.
"

You must not have seen Criss in The Assassination of Gianni Versace. He was incredible in that. He has all my respect after that performance.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#41AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 9:39am

I got the TodayTix rush for this afternoon. I’ve figured out with TT that your odds of getting a ticket on a day with multiple performances increases your odds - which sounds simple, but my reasoning is because the inexperienced won’t know where to place their fingers when it unlocks. 

If you want one ticket, keep your thumb to the left, two tickets - right. Matinee toward the top of the prompt and evening toward the bottom. That quadrant strategy works for me nearly every time since those milliseconds matter - just saying.

Also, does anyone know if they have merch at all?

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

quizking101
#42AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 4:27pm

So to answer my question - they have merch-a-plenty. Windowcard, tees, magnets, copies of the play, other Mamet stuff as well.

As for the show, the TodayTix rush put me in Section 400, Row B, Seat 405. It was the second row from the stage. Really the only thing you miss being that far off to the side is the storefront part of the set, but it’s negligible. This was an exquisite production of three actors at different stages in their careers coming together to create some truly combustible theatre. Fishburne is both forceful and intimidating but also a grounding presence. Sam Rockwell is basically a profanity laced hurricane and really commands the stage to cause chaos and lands pretty much all of the jokes.

Criss really doesn’t come into his own until the end of the second act when everything starts to unravel and he gets caught trying to play Fishburne and Rockwell for suckers. Until that point, he’s basically a very bland character, but that’s more of the fault of the writing

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 3/27/22 at 04:27 PM

bstoll1
#43AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 4:46pm

What's the total cost of rush tickets with fees? 

JasonC3
#44AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 4:59pm

Interesting Telecharge message

American Buffalo

1 Ticket, ORCHESTRA Row E, Seat 402
Seat 402 is on aisle

THIS SEAT MAY NOT BE AN AISLE.

quizking101
#45AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/26/22 at 6:55pm

bstoll1 said: "What's the total cost of rush tickets with fees?"

It was $42 in total. $35 plus $7 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/27/22 at 12:24am

Lost on TodayTix,  so just showed up and the BO offered me partial view C410 for $59.50, and said the next seat over is considered full view. But then the entire 4-seat Row B in front of me didn't show up at all, so me and my partial view neighbor slid down into B and took the first two seats. No complaints at all. With that at night, and an MJ matinee, was a very successful, entertaining day.

sarge3
#47AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/27/22 at 7:20pm

Anyone going soon.  Please let me know where you sat and how was the view.  I already turned in my tickets in BB of the 100's.  I am now considering row A to D in the 200's.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Updated On: 3/30/22 at 07:20 PM

kwoc91
#48AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/28/22 at 7:41am

I saw yesterday's matinee and enjoyed it. Fishburne and Rockwell really do a great job making the Mamet Speak sound like actual human conversation. 

I had one of the cheap seats in the 400s (even side) - if you're going to get a seat in the 400s I highly recommend that side of the theater. It's where Fishburne's desk is located, and there are lots of conversations that take place on that part of the stage.

Duckie4
#49AMERICAN BUFFALO 2022 Previews
Posted: 3/29/22 at 11:13am

You must not have seen Criss inThe Assassination of Gianni Versace. He was incredible in that. He has all my respect after that performance."

You're right, I did not. I will now, though, so thank you for the rec!