Rush Tix via Today Tix

bstoll1
#1Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 9:13am

Is there a trick or special way to secure rush tickets via the app? I tried for 2 shows and they were immediately being held by others and a few minutes later were all sold out. I'm guessing it's just luck. 

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#2Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 11:56am

It really is just the case of being fastest finger first. I was able to get for Take Me Out (second preview), To My Girls, Prayer for French Republic in the last 2 weeks. I failed at getting them for American Buffalo first preview though.

willep
#3Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 12:08pm

Yeah, it’s luck. It can be very frustrating and I never have any luck with the more popular ones, so for me personally I never rely on it if it’s something I really want to see.

nasty_khakis
#4Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 1:13pm

I've always had pretty great luck. I've not gotten it first time I've tried for each show, but after 2-3 I've always managed to score tickets. It helps to watch the countdown clock and keep re-tapping for 10 minutes. Sometimes I get an instant sold out message but after 3 minutes of tying I'll get them.

Papi2013
#5Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 7:02pm

Mark_E said: "It really is just the case of being fastest finger first. I was able to get for Take Me Out (second preview), To My Girls, Prayer for French Republic in the last 2 weeks. I failed at getting them for American Buffalo first preview though."

What kind of seats did they give you for Take Me Out?

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#6Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/25/22 at 11:52pm

I got in once for 1 ticket to Prayer…but never again. Always sold out the second tix go on sale at 10am. It’s like Madison Square Garden concert tickets for a popular act- “tickets go on sale at 10am!”, you click at 10am and it’s already sold out. Sometimes, I think it’s bait and switch. You can’t get the Rush tickets you originally plan for so you give up and buy full price tickets- which I almost did once. I know it’s great that they even offer Rush tickets, but it is, as has been said here, extremely frustrating, 

UncleCharlie
#7Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/26/22 at 3:48am

nasty_khakis said: "It helps to watch the countdown clock and keep re-tapping for 10 minutes. Sometimes I get an instant sold out message but after 3 minutes of tying I'll get them."

This ↑↑↑

If you want it badly enough, don't give up until a quarter after. I've missed out on a few shows but I've gotten a decent amount and some to the more popular shows by continuing to click for 10+ minutes. A bit of effort required? Yes, but it's worth it.

And definitely not bait and switch. But you've probably got 10-15 pairs available and since you can do it from the comfort of your own home, probably several hundred people trying. It's just a numbers game.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#8Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/26/22 at 6:49am

Papi2013 said: "Mark_E said: "It really is just the case of being fastest finger first. I was able to get for Take Me Out (second preview), To My Girls, Prayer for French Republic in the last 2 weeks. I failed at getting them for American Buffalo first preview though."

What kind of seats did they give you for Take Me Out?
"

K10 side Orch. Was full view.

bstoll1
#9Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/28/22 at 8:22pm

What shows have you successfully secured tickets for via todaytix rush?

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#10Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 2:59am

bstoll1 said: "What shows have you successfully secured tickets for via todaytix rush?"

piggybacking on the question above - so answer both if you can please! - but when I tried rush pre-pandemic I would keep swiping down on my screen to refresh the app page and I never knew if I actually NEEDED to do that. And it’s quite possible the app has been updated since then as well, so my question IS:

Do I need to keep refreshing the app for the rush to unlock at X time or does it refresh on its own? (And bstoll1’s question: which shows have you successfully rushed for via TT?)

Thank you one and all! 

bstoll1
#11Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 9:16am

From my experience it auto reloads so you don't have to refresh the page. I just got a ticket for American Buffalo today after having no success with Suffs. I also saw Mrs. Doubtfire last year when it seemed to be much easier to get rush tickets via the app. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had success with Suffs and how long it took them to get a ticket. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#12Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 9:36am

I had alerts set for three shows that open digital rush at 9am - I took at peek at 9:04 and was still able to get tickets, but decided to pas on those shows. Looking to secure Birthday Candles rush at 10am. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

bstoll1
#13Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 9:37am

Which shows did you pass on?

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#14Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 10:58am

I got tickets to Suffs on Sunday (row Q). It was the matinee and Shaina Taub's standby was on. I don't know if people care and that made it easier to get but that was my preference anyway. This was maybe the third time trying. For some reason Suffs wasn't showing up for every day they had a performance.

Got tickets on the first try for To My Girls. These were in one of the back rows but thankfully on the aisle. Not really a bad seat there unless you're in the "boxes."

Have tickets tonight via rush for Heather Christian's Oratorio For Living Things. The seating there seems in the round and immersive so not sure if seating locations matter as much.

I tested Take Me Out and was able to put tickets in my cart. On the fence about rushing or waiting for TDF since the price is pretty similar with all the TT fees.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

GiantsInTheSky2
#15Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/29/22 at 2:49pm

bstoll1 said: "Which shows did you pass on?"

American Buffalo, Take Me Out, and To My Girls.

I got distracted at work and missed my 10am reminder for Birthday Candles - checked at 10:25 and they were still available. Front Mezzanine, row D center. Can’t wait! 

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#16Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/30/22 at 10:34pm

I was able to get rush tickets for this evening's performance of Take Me Out! Left Mezz Row D, first two seats right off the aisle. No trouble at all securing them - clicked the button right at 9am and was able to immediately put them in my cart.

GiantsInTheSky2
#17Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 3/31/22 at 1:21am

I checked the rush availability at 9:25am this morning (rush opens at 9am) for American Buffalo, Take Me Out, and Birthday Candles. All three still had availability. 

ccbway
#18Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/1/22 at 6:38pm

FWIW, I did win the TodayTix rush for Suffs yesterday after more than a week of trying. It's definitely fastest finger and I think I just got lucky. I guess keep trying.

bstoll1
#19Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/2/22 at 7:22pm

How was the standby actress in Suffs and for those who got rush tickets did you get 1 or 2?

Updated On: 4/2/22 at 07:22 PM

ccbway
#20Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/2/22 at 10:11pm

bstoll1 said: "How was the standby in Suffs and for those who got rush tickets did you get 1 or 2?"

I didn't see any standby, but there were a couple of empty seats in the last row, so maybe there might be, I don't know how the Public handles it.  I got my ticket (1) via the mobile rush.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#21Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/5/22 at 9:53am

Firstly, a huge thank you to all that have shared tips or their past experience with rushing!

I remembered for once to try this morning, and was unsuccessful for SUFFS.

My question (which I think I may have answered myself) - does TT interrupt your attempts to tell you that tickets are in fact SOLD OUT? I kept trying for the first 20min and got no such notification, then closed out of the 1 OR 2 tickets window, and I was still able to click on GET RUSH TICKETS and keep trying. I finally tapped the back button, and came back into the rush page to see they were in fact sold out. I know beggars cant be choosers but just kind of a silly, waste-of-time user experience.

I'm sharing my own tip: The "Get Rush tickets" button is white, like the rest of the page. I was expecting their pink/red gradient button that they use for "Get Tickets" or "Pick Your Seats". So once it unlocked, I blinked for a beat and missed the immediate rush through the floodgates. 

Thanks again, all!

bstoll1
#22Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/5/22 at 10:00am

I was able to get Rush tickets today to suffs after trying a few times. I took screenshots previously of where the buttons are placed so when the rush did open my finger was properly placed on the screen. You should be able to see in the background the original screen which will let you know when it gets sold out.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#23Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/5/22 at 10:25am

bstoll1 said: "I was able to get Rush tickets today to suffs after trying a few times. I took screenshots previously of where the buttons are placed so when the rush did open my finger was properly placed on the screen. You should be able to see in the background the original screen which will let you know when it gets sold out."

I did! It just stayed on "only a few left!" and when I closed the "1 or 2 tickets" pop up, it still said only a few left and I was able to tap "get rush tickets" again and keep trying. But at 9:21am, I decided to tap the back button and come back into the rush page, which is when I got the sold out message. I'm on an iPhone and my app version is current - not sure if that matters.

Enjoy the show! 

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#24Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/11/22 at 10:29am

Was able to get Cyrano rush tickets yesterday after a couple times being unsuccessful. No, they are not "on stage" seating. Yes, they are cushions on the floor but they have secure backs so you're able to lounge. When I saw it in London in 2019 I did standing room so this was an improvement.

I would say there's about 8-10 available but the demand seems to be quite high as the show seemed very well sold.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

bstoll1
#25Rush Tix via Today Tix
Posted: 4/12/22 at 7:00pm

I rushed SUFFS this morning. I got a ticket about 8 minutes after rush opened. My seat is S16. 

Videos