pixeltracker

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 19

West End CABARET Revival (and B’way Transfer?) - News & Discussion Thread

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#450West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 7:16pm

More important that who plays Sally, which theatre will be gutted for the production?  (We saw neither Redmayne nor Buckley - we saw Fra Fee and Lennox - and, imo, those were special performances)

And the ticket prices may set records for face value. 

Robbie516
#451West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 7:23pm

How well did Maude Apatow sell in Little Shop? Perhaps she will be Sally

BETTY22
#452West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 7:30pm

I saw the show in London. It's the darkest Cabaret I have ever seen. 

lopside
#453West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:00pm

No Buckley seems very very odd to me and gives me pause. She had been so excited about the prospect of transferring it when asked last year and Redmayne always makes them sound like a package deal.  Maybe her attendance record was more of a concern. 

blasvader
#454West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:06pm

Rebecca Frecknall is supposed to open Julie in Amsterdam March '24 though. Not sure this tea is quite solid?

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#455West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:11pm

Are we assuming Buckley isn’t involved because she wasn’t mentioned in the announcement, or has something previously been said about her not reprising the role on Broadway? I’m really hoping that she’ll be a part of this production on Broadway.

lopside
#456West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:13pm

Piparoo said: "Are we assuming Buckley isn’t involved because she wasn’t mentioned in the announcement, or has something previously been said about her not reprising the role on Broadway? I’m really hoping that she’ll be a part of this production on Broadway."

The scoop says she is "not involved" in the transfer. 

Ke3
#457West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:14pm

lopside said: "No Buckley seems very very odd to me and gives me pause. She had been so excited about the prospect of transferring it when asked last year and Redmayne always makes them sound like a package deal. Maybe her attendance record was more of a concern."

But weren’t most of her absences related to The Lost Daughter and MEN? Any US production would have had much longer to plan out then the original UK production did. So a better schedule could be worked out.

lopside
#458West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:21pm

No, I think even the trailer for Men was released after her run, and she barely did any promo for Lost Daughter. She also doesn't seem to have anything lined up till Hamnet, but Mescal has to wrap up two films before that can happen. Maybe she got roped into something Marvel-y. 

Ke3
#459West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 8:25pm

On theatreboard someone mentioned Billie Piper and I'd crawl to NYC to see that. She and Jessie mean about the same here in the states. Although I'd reckon Who gives Billie an edge.

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#460West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 9:06pm

Buckley gets a lot of flack on message boards for her attendance. She unofficially was doing 6-7 shows a week after three months or so, and never missed due to Oscar campaigning or filming other projects, and attended the BAFTAs which took place on a Sunday when the show was dark. Besides, no one missed more performances than Liza Sadovy, who also won an Olivier for her performance in this production. She was out for nearly an entire month and no one said anything.

If Buckley is no longer attached, I am less interested. Her performance in London was out of this world, and NY audiences are absolutely missing out on seeing her Sally. Something I will never forget.

Updated On: 6/14/23 at 09:06 PM

lopside
#461West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 9:22pm

east side story said: "Buckley gets a lot of flack on message boards for her attendance. She unofficially was doing 6-7 shows a week after three months or so, and never missed due to Oscar campaigning or filming other projects, and attended the BAFTAs which took place on a Sunday when the show was dark. Besides, no one missed more performances than Liza Sadovy, who also won an Olivier for her performance in this production. She was out for nearly an entire month and no one said anything.

If Buckley is no longer attached, I am less interested. Her performance in London was out of this world, and NY audiences are absolutely missing out on seeing her Sally. Something I will never forget.
"

Please don't lie at least. This account has a record. https://twitter.com/WestEndCovers. Liza missed 14 performances (spread through the run), Buckley missed 25. 

Robbie516
#462West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 9:34pm

Broadway Journal is LEGIT…so this is definitely happening…just this season alone they reported on Parade and Sweeney before the official announcements

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#463West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 9:41pm

lopside said: "east side story said: "Buckley gets a lot of flack on message boards for her attendance. She unofficially was doing 6-7 shows a week after three months or so, and never missed due to Oscar campaigning or filming other projects, and attended the BAFTAs which took place on a Sunday when the show was dark. Besides, no one missed more performances than Liza Sadovy, who also won an Olivier for her performance in this production. She was out for nearly an entire month and no one said anything.

"

Please don't lie at least. This account has a record.https://twitter.com/WestEndCovers. Liza missed 14 performances (spread through the run), Buckley missed 25.
"

Not a lie, regardless of Twitter. Liza missed more performances than Buckley. 

Updated On: 6/14/23 at 09:41 PM

lopside
#464West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 9:46pm

east side story said: "lopside said: "east side story said: "Buckley gets a lot of flack on message boards for her attendance. She unofficially was doing 6-7 shows a week after three months or so, and never missed due to Oscar campaigning or filming other projects, and attended the BAFTAs which took place on a Sunday when the show was dark. Besides, no one missed more performances than Liza Sadovy, who also won an Olivier for her performance in this production. She was out for nearly an entire month and no one said anything.

"

Please don't lie at least. This account has a record.https://twitter.com/WestEndCovers. Liza missed 14 performances (spread through the run), Buckley missed 25.
"

Not a lie, regardless of Twitter. Liza missed more performances than Buckley.
"

London productions directly provide the information to the account. They even know who is playing the gorilla on any given day. 

JSquared2
#465West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/14/23 at 11:25pm

Robbie516 said: "Broadway Journal is LEGIT…so this is definitely happening…just this season alone they reported on Parade and Sweeney before the official announcements"

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#466West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/15/23 at 3:00am

JSquared2 said: "Robbie516 said: "Broadway Journal is LEGIT…so this is definitely happening…just this season alone they reported on Parade and Sweeney before the official announcements"

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
"

Please. Share the dozens of times Broadway Journal has posted an article like this and been totally wrong. I'm waiting. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#467West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/15/23 at 3:26pm

Ke3 said: "On theatreboard someone mentioned Billie Piper and I'd crawl to NYC to see that. She and Jessie mean about the same here in the states. Although I'd reckon Who gives Billie an edge."

Billie happens to be at tonight's press opening for the new cast of Cabaret.

MadsonMelo
#468West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/16/23 at 11:02am

Ke3 said: "On theatreboard someone mentioned Billie Piper and I'd crawl to NYC to see that. She and Jessie mean about the same here in the states. Although I'd reckon Who gives Billie an edge."

I would sell a kidney, no kidding.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#469West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 11:26am

Maude Apatow performing Don’t Tell Mama featuring Mason Alexander Park at today’s West End Live

https://youtu.be/_Hy48j1Jo5A

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#470West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 12:21pm

Is anyone else thinking that Lea Michele could be onboard for Sally?  She’s stated that she’s already signed up for her next project?  I don’t know the show well enough to know if she’s suitable but it seems like a role to project her career and completely different than FG. 

OuttaTowner
#471West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 12:27pm

Doubtful. 
Popular opinion is that she’s onboard for Chess. 
At this point, I’m wondering who her costars may be. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#472West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:21pm

Reached out to my industry friends and yes this is happening with Eddie but Sally has not been set yet. I love the idea of Michaela Diamond.

The Hudson has Merrily until January 21 '24

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 6/17/23 at 01:21 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#473West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:34pm

Well, if HLL flops, maybe they can leave the club-renovation and Cabaret can repurpose some of it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#474West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
Posted: 6/17/23 at 1:42pm

Kad said: "Well, if HLL flops, maybe they can leave the club-renovation and Cabaret can repurpose some of it."

I've seen this sentiment before and it's so weird to me. I just don't understand where it comes from. Both shows build out into the orchestra, but that's the ONLY similarity in their designs. Other than that it's totally different.

I guess people see that they're both technically set in clubs and that's where it comes from? No amount of window dressing is convincingly and successfully going to turn a big disco into a 1920s cabaret venue. It honestly might be a bigger hastle to somehow try to do that than just do it in a different theatre.