pixeltracker

Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood

Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#1Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 12:09am

Really surprised how low the prices are dropping even up to a few hours before curtain on a certain site. Grabbed an amazing deal spontaneously this past Wednesday without knowing it was opening night and thoroughly enjoyed the show - admittedly I’m a huge Alanis fan! Highly recommend grabbing some dinner in the area while checking the site (i’d probably get in trouble saying the name but I’m sure people can figure it out).

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#2Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 12:22am

The show doesn’t look to be selling well at all based on looking at random dates over the coming week.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#3Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 9:18am

The Pantages  and the Dolby have been struggling with these long runs. I think the days of these long sit down runs of Broadway shows in big cities are no longer feasible/ practical. After touring shows resumed, I don't think any show that has played a major market for 2+ weeks has sold very well with the exception of Hamilton in some cities. Every show at the Dolby, and the long sit downs of Hamilton and Moulin Rouge! at the Pantages all sold pretty abysmally.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 1:18pm

Not sure low ticket prices could get me to see this show again... but I do love me some Heidi

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#5Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 1:46pm

Heidi was fantastic!!!

DJD4
#6Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 2:21pm

Heidi's pretty much the only reason Im seeing this when it comes to Portland. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#7Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 2:59pm

Heidi is fabulous.  But I really don't get the purpose of this show.  The Pantages was half empty.  I don't think this type of offering is going to drum up any business for subscriptions for next season.  Same with Oklahoma at the Ahmanson.  Theaters are empty partly because the offerings are so meh.  

I do want to ad that I had a fun evening and there is a lot of talent on that stage.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 9/17/22 at 02:59 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 3:08pm

Nothing touring this season or next is exciting because it's all stuff from pre-Covid still or stuff like Les Miz that we've all already seen 10x. 

BETTY22
#9Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 4:19pm

I hate to say it but I just don't think LA cares as much about live theatre. The shows I have seen in LA, have always been half-empty. 

It really is a movie town. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#10Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/17/22 at 4:24pm

$6 for the mezz.... that might make me see the first act and then head out. 

LushyBear
#11Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/18/22 at 7:54pm

I guess I can't really figure out the site you're alluding to. Would that also work for SF? It's the Hub of the bay, I'd think? Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood

cryan71
#12Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/18/22 at 8:22pm

Where are you seeing these prices?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#13Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/18/22 at 8:32pm

RippedMan said: "$6 for the mezz.... that might make me see the first act and then head out."

Act 2 is the better act.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#14Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/19/22 at 1:10am

Stub Hub - it's a legit site so don't see why you can't say it. 

Debating if it's worth the train ride.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#15Jagged Little Pill tour- Pantages Hollywood
Posted: 9/22/22 at 8:49pm

Hubby and I just saw the Tues evening performance at the Pantages. He was NOT a big fan-- never really liked the Alanis Morisette catalogue in the first place, couldn't understand why everyone was acting so relentlessly ANGRY from start to finish-- and some of the music cues made him burst out laughing, which suggests the show hadn't convinced him it could really be a musical at all. 

I on the other hand was generally very entertained, even moved, and mostly into the story from start to finish. LOVED the sequence in Act 1 when the staging travels backwards in time, loved the use of dance doubles to convey multiple images of key characters, loved everything about Heidi's performance, also Jade McLeod's Jo. Totally thought they made a legit case for marrying this story with these songs.

My negatives were few: all that angry shouting from the stage made most lyrics unintelligible unless you already knew what they were singing (I didn't). The F*CK YOU dance moves grew very monotonous very early. Much of the cast was fine but not a match for the level Blickenstaff and McLeod achieved.

Happy I went. Happy to steel Diablo Cody's line about Xmas newsletters for this year's letter: "Only assh*les send Christmas newsletters!"

Videos