pixeltracker

2ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway

2ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#12ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 10/11/22 at 11:38am

Simulcasts are back! By popular demand, you will have the opportunity to see the Pulitzer-prize winning Between Riverside and Crazy live this winter even if you can’t be in person. Catch the acclaimed original Off-Broadway cast Victor Almanzar, Elizabeth Canavan, Rosal Colón, Liza Colón-Zayas, Stephen McKinley Henderson, and Michael Rispoli, joined by Emmy, Oscar and Grammy winner Common, from the comfort of your home. Simulcast performances for January 29-February 12 go on sale November 11 at 2ST.com.

Simulcast is only available within the US, and all tickets are subject to availability and quantities are limited.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#22ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 10/11/22 at 12:04pm

More shows should do this. And with regularity. Everyone knows nothing replaces the experience of seeing a piece of theatre live, but - as a person who came of age watching PBS broadcasts and even bootlegs - making New York theatre accessible to out-of-state and less privileged fans is crucial if Broadway wants to remain relevant in any way. Important, new works of theatre should be experienced by as many people as possible.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#32ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 10/11/22 at 1:45pm

$59/ticket. And tickets are limited.

BoringBoredBoard40
hearthemsing22
#52ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 10/11/22 at 4:05pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "More shows should do this. And with regularity. Everyone knows nothing replaces the experience of seeing a piece of theatre live, but - as a person who came of age watching PBS broadcasts and even bootlegs - making New York theatre accessible to out-of-state and less privileged fans is crucial if Broadway wants to remain relevant in any way. Important, new works of theatre should be experienced by as many people as possible."

You do realize this takes more than just plopping a camera down in the theater, right? There's so much more involved. Have you heard of things like BroadwayHD? Just because it's not the "hot" shows on Broadway, even off-Broadway like this show, doesn't mean those are any less worthy of watching and discovering.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#62ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 2:00pm

Has anyone taken part in this?  Does Second Stage just send you a browser link for this, or do they have it set up to watch on a Roku or smart TV?

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#72ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 2:19pm

IIRC from the Clyde’s simulcast, you were emailed a link to watch in a browser, no additional download or software needed.

Probably a dumb question, but has been on my mind since remembering this simulcast - how is this factored into weekly grosses? Does this just get pooled in with the weekly revenue, or is it considered separate?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#82ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 3:21pm

Has anyone successfully used a promo code for this? I remember they offered their 30 Under 30 for Clyde's, but I haven't seen any information on a similar offer this time around.

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#92ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 3:27pm

James2 said: "Has anyone taken part in this? Does Second Stage just send you a browser link for this, or do they have it set up to watch on a Roku or smart TV?"

Watching now (intermission is just ending).  They email you a link.  We have the computer hooked up to the TV.  There's also a convo with the cast after the show. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#102ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 4:36pm

Esther2 said: "James2 said: "Has anyone taken part in this? Does Second Stage just send you a browser link for this, or do they have it set up to watch on a Roku or smart TV?"

Watching now (intermission is just ending). They email you a link. We have the computer hooked up to the TV. There's also a convo with the cast after the show.
"

Is it worth it?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Esther2 Profile Photo
Esther2
#112ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 5:06pm

blaxx said: "Esther2 said: "James2 said: "Has anyone taken part in this? Does Second Stage just send you a browser link for this, or do they have it set up to watch on a Roku or smart TV?"

Watching now (intermission is just ending). They email you a link. We have the computer hooked up to the TV. There's also a convo with the cast after the show.
"

Is it worth it?
"

I thought so.  I saw it way back Off-Broadway and this production is as good as it was then.  I know folks have said Common was the weak link at the start of the run, but IMO, there is no weak link now.  The cast is uniformly excellent and the play is great.  

The after-show talk with 3 cast members (Common, Victor Almanzar and Maria-Christian Oliveras) has some lovely moments.  I didn't care much for the moderator, but it was worth the watch. 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#122ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 5:09pm

PianoMann said: "Has anyone successfully used a promo code for this? I remember they offered their 30 Under 30 for Clyde's, but I haven't seen any information on a similar offer this time around."

If you have a NY library card (NYPL, Queens or Brooklyn), this has been showing up for free as part of the Culture Pass program. I saw it this afternoon, 8th row center orchestra. I think they release a new batch every Tuesday. 

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#132ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 6:01pm

TheQuibbler said: "PianoMann said: "Has anyone successfully used a promo code for this? I remember they offered their 30 Under 30 for Clyde's, but I haven't seen any information on a similar offer this time around."

If you have a NY library card (NYPL, Queens or Brooklyn), this has been showing up for free as part of the Culture Pass program. I saw it this afternoon, 8th row center orchestra. I think they release a new batch every Tuesday.
"

Thank you! I will definitely check this out.

Fordham2015
#142ST will offer LIVE simulcast of BETWEEN RIVERSIDE... On Broadway
Posted: 2/4/23 at 8:11pm

I was at this afternoon's matinee and whatever they're using to simulcast must be very subtle- no additional cameras or anything that I could see.

I liked the play as a whole and thought Common acquitted himself well. But this is the Stephen McKinley Henderson show, and as a fan of his for years I'm glad that he got a lead role worthy of his talent.