News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.- Page 6

Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#125Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 11/20/23 at 8:15am

Lin-Manuel Miranda isn't as talented as he thinks he is.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

rattleNwoolypenguin
#126Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 11/20/23 at 11:40am

Come From Away is an absolutely amazing show and book with the most boring forgettable score.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#127Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 5:18pm

I finally saw MJ and Days and Roses, ratings on the 1st post.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 1/31/24 at 05:18 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#128Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 5:24pm

Did you like it? I think it would make me feel icky. That they actually feature the Pepsi ad...

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

muscle23ftl
#129Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 5:30pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Did you like it? I think it would make me feel icky. That they actually feature the Pepsi ad..."

I liked it, I thought it was a good production, the dancing was great, and I love a big ensemble of dancers. I have so many issues with Michael Jackson I can't even start telling you all the issues I have with him. 

I also added a rating for Days and Roses, which was very disappointing to me despite the wonderful stars of Kelli and Brian.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

JSquared2
#130Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 5:54pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Did you like it? I think it would make me feel icky. That they actually feature the Pepsi ad..."

"Feature the Pepsi ad"??  It does no such thing -- it's mentioned briefly -- MJ says "I don't even drink Pepsi" and then you hear the offstage explosion when his hair caught on fire.

Jay Lerner-Z
#131Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 6:08pm

That’s also known as “featuring the Pepsi ad”.  As an element of the story, however brief. I have to be careful in what I say, but the fire was not the worst thing about that ad. Some say.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, muscle. I’d definitely be tempted to see this, but again, icky.

dwirth
#132Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 6:21pm

Them: "Have you seen Hamilton? I saw it on tour last year and it was AWESOME"

Me: "Yes, I saw the original cast, in 2015, on Broadway, in previews, with a $57 ticket that was $570 after th3 crazy press it got after opening"

Them: "Wasn't it the greatest?"

Me: "It was the most boring show I've ever seen. I literally fell asleep during act 1. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Seeing Robin Wright and Lucie Arnaz in the lobby were the highlights of my dull, dull evening"

Them: "Oh....."

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#133Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 6:41pm

Have seen "La Boheme" three times, and loved it.

Have seen "Rent" once, and did not love it.

Non sibi sed patriae

muscle23ftl
#134Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 9:22pm

Jay, if you can get a ticket under $60 I say go for it. It has great dancing and the production is overall great, I enjoyed it more than other jukebox musicals such as & Juliet. So, for a jukebox, it's one of the best I have seen- I'd say.

muscle23ftl
#135Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 1/31/24 at 9:24pm

dwirth said: "Them: "Have you seen Hamilton? I saw it on tour last year and it was AWESOME"

Me: "Yes, I saw the original cast, in 2015, on Broadway, in previews, with a $57 ticket that was $570 after th3 crazy press it got after opening"

Them: "Wasn't it the greatest?"

Me: "It was the most boring show I've ever seen. I literally fell asleep during act 1. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Seeing Robin Wright and Lucie Arnaz in the lobby were the highlights of my dull, dull evening"

Them: "Oh....."

I was soooo bored at Hamilton too.

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#136Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 2/1/24 at 12:43am

Wicked is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too overrated. I saw it in Atlanta the day before my 15th birthday back in July, and I found my trip to Ikea more memorable than the musical itself. The Ikea meatballs on the other hand are amazing worth the hype, and everyone sleeps on Ikea's chocolate cake, it has to be the best chocolate cake I've had in my life, And I completely forgot i was talking about Wicked. That's how boring I found it, I'm glad for the people who love it and found it amazing, But I'd rather sit through the Dear Evan Hansen Movie 5 times than see wicked again.

The Other One
#137Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 2/1/24 at 6:50am

Interesting.  Hamilton is arguably the least boring show I have ever seen and I've been going to the theater since 1966.

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#138Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 2/1/24 at 7:18pm

muscle23ftl said: "

* bad time

**ok time

***good time

****very good time

*****excellent time
"

The shows I saw on my recent trip to NY:

Merrily We Roll Along * * * * *

Once Upon A Mattress * * * * 

Back To The Future * * * * *

Gutenberg! * * * 

muscle23ftl
#139Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/1/24 at 11:47pm

Adding a new show.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#140Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/2/24 at 9:47am

muscle23ftl said: "Adding a new show."

Ok

How about this for an unpopular opinion:

I'd rather see a revival of 70 Girls 70 instead of Cab.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#141Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/2/24 at 10:26am

This is a sluggish bleak era of Broadway.

I hope we get through it. 

muscle23ftl
#142Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 9:43am

I love that some people try to shame me for seeing musicals and not plays, people will find anything on BWW to bully you. Talk about mean girls! Haha.

Jay Lerner-Z
#143Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 10:18am

Audra is a magnificent stage performer, but her star quality does not translate over to the screen.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#144Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 10:25am

muscle23ftl said: "I love that some people try to shame me for seeing musicals and not plays, people will find anything on BWW to bully you. Talk about mean girls! Haha."

Nobody has bullied you over not seeing plays. 80% of this board rarely to never sees plays. 

People call you ( and anyone else) out that makes ridiculous statements.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/13/24 at 10:25 AM

Mandy-Pstinkin
#145Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 10:44am

I'm not sure I could give any broadway show a rating lower than a trip to the dentist, but Gutenberg definitely gets that.  Oof.

Jarethan
#146Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 10:51am

I recently saw a regional production of Little Shop (in my subscription). It is about the fourth time I have seen it since it originally saw it.  As with the other three times (the last being probably 15 years, also on subscription), I absolutely hated it.  There will never be a fifth time.  I just don’t get it.

rattleNwoolypenguin
#147Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 12:31pm

Legally Blonde as a musical is a solid B.

People talk about it like it's FANTASTIC these days- but I think it's just kinda pretty good and at points mediocre.

I think it was better than people expected it to be, it definitely has some great sequences, but the book isn't THAT funny.

It's cute. It reminds me of a lot of safe Broadway fluff we see today honestly.

Also I understand the change to give Emmett more in the musical, but I really love how the movie she has her evolution at Harvard by herself. It feels more powerful. 

I think the pro shot that MTV did is better than the actual musical. It's a really lively fun pro shot, the pacing is immaculate.

GoldenGiggery
#148Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/13/24 at 1:38pm

Kimberly Akimbo is a thoroughly average show, with an infuriating letdown of a climax. I really do not understand why people gush over it, other than that they’re dying for a small non-jukebox musical to be on Bway. 

muscle23ftl
#149Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
Posted: 4/14/24 at 10:29pm

I think Kimberly Akimbo is way below average, it was terrible. One of the worst things I have seen on Broadway, bottom 5. Painfully bad.

Videos