pixeltracker

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread- Page 2

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 2:27pm

I mean the whole album cover is her giving major side eye so…

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#26FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 2:28pm

Beginning at 12 noon today, SiriusXM On Broadway is offering exclusive first listens of the album at the top of every even-numbered hour, handpicked by Lea.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 11/17/22 at 02:28 PM

BETTY22
#27FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 2:45pm

I cannot wait.

What's the strategy to releasing a digital album now and a hard copy next year? This is going to make it much more difficult to chart. 

Penna2
#28FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:14pm

binau said: "Perhaps I lack taste, but I like the art."

Me, too. Maybe I'm just used to it. They never came up with a new logo - so this photo is what's on the marquee and people are familiar with it.

On another note, interesting it's on Ramin's label not Lea's.

Updated On: 11/17/22 at 03:14 PM

hearthemsing22
#29FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:21pm

Realllly not liking the art-like, at ALL. I understand Broadway is a business. I also can't help but wonder if maybe Lea had it in her contract that they had to do a recording. Isn't something like that usually included? 

Also, with Beanie being engaged and moving on, while this is a MAJOR snub, I feel like she...will...be okay?

Phillyguy
#30FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 3:40pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue.. Her instagram caption:

"A dream come true on top of an already wild an amazing dream come true! Our original @funnygirlbwy cast album ❤️⭐️"

Honestly, she can call it that and I won't even mind. It's funny how it feels like the first 6 months didn't even happen.
"

I suppose you can always read it both ways:

Either the original as in this is the first cast album of @funnygirlbwy or this is the first album of the original @funnygirlbwy cast. 

English language is ambiguous sometimes. You see what you want to see. 

BETTY22
#31FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:30pm

Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

I have seen all 3 ladies in the role and JULIE was by far my favorite - she can sing and she is FUNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Papi2013
#32FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:30pm

Not sure if it is my bad eyesight..is that Ellen Degeneres sitting in the front on the side?  I’m referring to the announcement video.

Penna2
#33FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:53pm

BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

I have seen all 3 ladies in the role and JULIE was by far my favorite - she can sing and she is FUNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
"

No.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#34FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 4:55pm

Penna2 said: "BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No.
"

You haven't seen the show with either Julie or Lea, right? Videos don't count.

Updated On: 11/17/22 at 04:55 PM

Penna2
#35FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 5:05pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No.
"

"

Because you say so? Only seeing the show LIVE is enough to qualify a person to have an opinion. I don't think either Julie or Beanie should be part of the album and I suspect that since it's a done deal, neither do the producers. Lots of people who are unable to see the show live are going to be buying this album. I will be one of them - mainly because I saw the videos. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#36FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 5:09pm

Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No.
"

"

Because you say so? Only seeing the show LIVE is enough to qualify a person to have an opinion. I don't think either Julie or Beanie should be part of the album and I suspect that since it's a done deal, neither do the producers. Lots of people who are unable to see the show live are going to be buying this album. I will be one of them - mainly because I saw the videos.
"

You can say whatever you want, but, unless you've seen the entire show in person, you're simply not qualified to brush off the opinion of someone who has, multiple times. Your viewpoint with regard to the actresses' performances carries little weight.

Updated On: 11/17/22 at 05:09 PM

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#37FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 5:14pm

Couldn't care less about Julie recording a bonus track, but I'll agree with the above poster that Julie was by far my favorite of the 3 Fannys. She was gawky and vulnerable and heartbreakingly real in a way that Lea could never achieve, despite the latter's admittedly wondrous vocals. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#38FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 6:42pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No.
"

"

"

You can say whatever you want, but, unless you've seen the entire show in person, you're simply not qualified to brush off the opinion of someone who has, multiple times. Your viewpoint with regard to the actresses' performances carries little weight."

^ Word! So tired of people opining without actually seeing the shows. These Broadway aficionados by way of YouTube crack me the F-Up

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#39FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 7:14pm

BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No reason at all for Julie to record a bonus track and I've also seen all 3 - Lea is the STAR of Funny Girl and it's all about her now! She's the talk of Broadway!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 11/17/22 at 07:14 PM

Penna2
#40FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 7:26pm

CarlosAlberto said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Penna2 said: "BETTY22 said: "Wouldn't it be great id they record a special bonus track with Julie......

"

No.
"

"

"

You can say whatever you want, but, unless you've seen the entire show in person, you're simply not qualified to brush off the opinion of someone who has, multiple times. Your viewpoint with regard to the actresses' performances carries little weight."

^ Word! So tired of people opining without actually seeing the shows. These Broadway aficionados by way of YouTube crack me the F-Up
"

Well, gee, not everyone has the money to travel to NYC to become a REAL Broadway aficionado and we are grateful to have YouTube so we can participate in theater. I know very well that live theater is different than a video - that said, comparing apples to apples - video to video, I think I can tell who I happen to like better. Doesn't mean someone else can't (obviously) have another opinion. 

I simply objected to having another artist have a track on a CD when that artist isn't the star of the show and then all this other business about not being entitled to an opinion came up. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#41FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 7:27pm

Lea Michele is the “above the title” headliner of this revival. All marketing and representation of the revival is based on her and her alone.  If the producers felt the need to promote Julie Benko, an EP recording of her in FUNNY GIRL would have been made - just like SUNSET BLVD chose to do back during its original run in the 1990s.  Virtually every actress who played Norma recorded an EP of the main songs.  

CatLady3
#42FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 7:59pm

I don't mind Julie having a bonus track. 

That being said, Lea is on a whole different level. She is the best Fanny, not only in this production, but the best choice to play this revival role in the industry. 

CatLady3
#43FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 8:24pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "

Finally listened to this with headphones and oh my, 2:20 until the end is a treat. Those vocals! 

"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#44FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 11:13pm

Phillyguy said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "I don't know if it was a slip of the tongue.. Her instagram caption:

"A dream come true on top of an already wild an amazing dream come true! Our original @funnygirlbwy cast album ❤️⭐️"

Honestly, she can call it that and I won't even mind. It's funny how it feels like the first 6 months didn't even happen.
"

I suppose you can always read it both ways:

Either the original as in this is the first cast album of @funnygirlbwy or this is the first album of the original @funnygirlbwy cast.

English language is ambiguous sometimes. You see what you want to see.
"

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#45FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/17/22 at 11:15pm

CatLady3 said: "I don't mind Julie having a bonus track.

That being said, Lea is on a whole different level. She is the best Fanny, not only in this production, but the best choice to play this revival role in the industry.
"

She is on a whole different level - Simply, A STAR! 

Listen to Lea Michele's 'Don't Rain on My Parade' in a teaser for the new Funny Girl cast album

The official casting recording of the new Broadway production drops Friday.

https://ew.com/theater/lea-michele-dont-rain-on-my-parade-funny-girl-cast-album/

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#46FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:00am

It's out now — who's listening?

Oh look, a bibu!

CatLady3
#47FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:02am

Where is it available?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#48FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 11/18/22 at 12:07am

CatLady3 said: "Where is it available?"

I searched "funny girl new" on Spotify and the album was the first result that came up. 

Oh look, a bibu!

CatLady3

Videos