Met Gala Red Carpet

JasonC3
#1Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 8:00pm

Fun to see quite a few theater stars on the carpet

Jordan Roth's look was quite interesting. Phillippa Soo was radiant.  I sort of liked Ben Platt's funky tux.

Updated On: 5/1/23 at 08:00 PM

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#2Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 10:10pm

Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts.

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#3Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 10:19pm

My guess is most of these people have actually never been to the MET. This has become a costume show for  the rich and  entitled

Edit: This has become the Village Halloween Parade for the Hollywood Brain Dead

Updated On: 5/2/23 at 10:19 PM

dangeresque49
#4Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 10:39pm

I call these people bravo stans. There is some alternate universe where fashion/reality stars are seemingly huge but actually are only known to a small portion of the stan population. This is one of their main events. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#5Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:01pm

DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

Gorgeous...Lea , Philippa, Ariana, Michaela, Ashley, Jessica and look at Glen working it! As for Jordan Roth wtf? Met Gala Red CarpetMet Gala Red Carpet

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/1/23 at 11:01 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:02pm

Well, I think Alex looks gorgeous.

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#7Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:03pm

Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

Gorgeous...Lea , Philippa, Ariana, Michaela, Ashley, Jessica and look at Glen working it! As for Jordan Roth wtf?Met Gala Red CarpetMet Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#8Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:04pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

Gorgeous...Lea , Philippa, Ariana, Michaela, Ashley, Jessica and look at Glen working it! As for Jordan Roth wtf?Met Gala Red CarpetMet Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:05pm

And Jeremy Pope slayed and everyone knew it was him, all they had to do was look him in the face. Iconic.

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#10Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:05pm

Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#11Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:06pm

Robbie2 said: "Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#12Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:08pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#13Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:09pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: " Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Ben the Schlub Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#14Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:11pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Ben the SchlubMet Gala Red Carpet
"

Jonathan looking sharp and handsome! Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#15Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:16pm

Sutton Ross said: "And Jeremy Pope slayed and everyone knew it was him, all they had to do was look him in the face. Iconic.

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

He certainly did...everyone's talking about Jeremy! Hot!  

Met Gala Red Carpet

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#16Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:16pm

Gorgeous in close-up, underwhelming full-length:

Met Gala Red CarpetMet Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#17Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:22pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Gorgeous in close-up, underwhelming full-length:

Met Gala Red CarpetMet Gala Red Carpet
"

Jodi looks stunning! 

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#18Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:24pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Jonathan looking sharp and handsome!Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Peek a boo Rachel 

Met Gala Red Carpet

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#19Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/1/23 at 11:26pm

Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Met Gala Red CarpetRobbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Robbie2 said: "DramaTeach said: "Lots of theater talent on display. I feel like Jeremy Pope thought he’d steal the show with that train, but to get the whole Karl in the photos, photographers had to take it from afar. Nobody knows it’s him. Groff’s look worked better for me, and so did Lea Michele’s. Phillipa Soo looked pretty, and Keke Palmer was gorgeous. Ben Platt looked like a deer in headlights, while Ashley Park and Jordan Roth need to take it down a notch. Maybe not here because this is the event for it, but they act like every day is the Met Gala. Random thoughts."

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

"

Jonathan looking sharp and handsome!Met Gala Red Carpet
"

Peek a boo Rachel

Met Gala Red Carpet
"

O no Jordan just NO! What is he thinking?  

Met Gala Red Carpet

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#20Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 1:01am

George in DC said: "My guess is most of these people have actually never been to the MET. This has become a costume show for rich, entitled aholes - My guess is Jeremy Pope doesn't even know the address of the MET

"

I’d disagree. Pope, Platt, Brosnahan, Park and more have attended multiple times. Sure, for some of them it’s the first time, but not for all. And I love Jeremy Pope, so I’d like to agree that this was a win for him, but I don’t think it was. This is about publicity, and every photo of him is from a distance to include that whole train. Sure, people at the event know who he is, but that’s not going to help him with the general public. They’ll see photos of the others’ faces but not his. And that’s sad because it’s a beautiful face. As for Roth, he just seems exhausting. Every post on his social media is a full-on fashion extravaganza. I wonder if he knows what it means to just hang out in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#21Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 9:59am

Lea Michele shows up in a Michael Kors gown at a gala honoring the late Karl Lagerfeld who ran the House of Chanel for decades. Nothing she work emoted Chanel. Everyone there followed protocol and wore a Chanel-esque outfit (even Platt!). She most likely is wearing Chanel No. 5 perfume, so there’s that.  cheeky

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#22Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 10:11am

George in DC said: "My guess is most of these people have actually never been to the MET. This has become a costume show for rich, entitled aholes - My guess is Jeremy Pope doesn't even know the address of the MET.

You ARE aware this Gala is a fundraiser. Its to raise funds for The Met/Museum of Modern Art. These rich entitled a**holes are paying $30,000 a ticket to attend (IF invited by Anna Wintour). It’s become an event to be extreme therefore the ridiculousness and outlandish IS intentional. This isn’t a country club dinner. The majority will change into comfortable outfits once inside so the costume parade is just for their arrival and the red carpet Hallowe’en display. Many pay for tables at $300,000 and select who get to sit at their tables. No need to be judgmental. This isn’t some free tacky little BYOB event. 

To show you that those costumes are solely for the arrival and red carpet, here is Lea Michele in the dress she changed into once inside:

Met Gala Red Carpet

Updated On: 5/2/23 at 10:11 AM

A Director
#23Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 3:14pm

BrodyFosse123 You state,, "The majority will change into comfortable outfits once inside so the costume parade is just for their arrival and the red carpet Hallowe’en display." I doubt Jordon Roth was part of majority. Jordon Roth always looks ridiculous and outlandish.  It's a cry for attention.

Zeppie2022
#24Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 5:49pm

I would have loved to have seen picture of Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff together because I think they both looked fantastic.

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#25Met Gala Red Carpet
Posted: 5/2/23 at 6:43pm

Pedro Pascal won it. Masculinity is the new/old drag.

Updated On: 5/2/23 at 06:43 PM