pixeltracker

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season- Page 3

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#50TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 1:31pm

Elton is going to have to really be out there front and center promoting this show, if they hope to fill that theatre. 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#51TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 1:44pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Jesus. The first 11 rows, the majority of the orchestra is $319.50."

They are gonna soak the die-hard Tammy fans and the niche audience who buy tickets this early. I will wait for discounts later on. This show is gonna be a hard sell on Broadway and I'm a big Tammy Faye fan. There will be plenty of discounts. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#52TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 1:51pm

So… Am I the only one who thinks Jake Shears is winning a Tony next year?

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#53TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 2:05pm

everythingtaboo said: "Can Tammy really fill the Palace?"

I can think of very few shows that need 1,750 seats outside of rare holiday weeks. The Palace is such a barn...had Nederlander successfully lobbied to remove the balcony during this refurbishment, it could have made the Palace a 1450-seat crowned jewel of Broadway (with a capacity similar to the Lunt, Simon, Shubert, and Imperial).

As for pricing complaints, a perennial reminder that there's nothing wrong with starting high and then lowering prices if the demand isn't there. This feels like a tough sell unless it gets rapturous reviews, genuine word of mouth, and Elton John does a massive press tour.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#54TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 7:01pm

They could still close the balcony no?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#55TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/22/24 at 9:29pm

tacotheatrelover said: "So… Am I the only one who thinks Jake Shears is winning a Tony next year?"

I haven’t heard this score, but unless Elton really challenged him to push outside his comfort zone I don’t see that happening. I didn’t think the Tales of the City score was anything noteworthy and that show didn’t go anywhere. I’ve found his solo albums pretty lackluster. 

im excited to hear what he’s done. Hopefully he surprises me  

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Broadway Flash
#56TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 2:40am

I hope they DONT tone down the satire.  Broadway audiences want to laugh.  Why are tickets on sale so early?  I hope Andrew rannels is able to get people to show up like they did for Gutenberg. 
next season will also have Audra, Idina, Kristin, Sutton, Caissie Levy, Ariana Debose, Robyn Hurder, Jasmine Amy Rogers, hopefully Alyse Alan Louis and many many more 

Updated On: 3/23/24 at 02:40 AM

bway1430
#57TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 6:12am

I agree and I should have been more clear in my post.

What I meant by "toning down the satire" was about not so much about the satirical content within the script (which fits this show like hand to glove) but with some of the satirical characterisations that are far too broad and cartoonish. Tammy Faye was a larger than life character but if everyone on stage is being portrayed that way you lose that kookiness that made her impossible not to watch. With Rupert Goold's direction at The Almeida, she occasionally got lost in the shuffle.

One example is was the pirouetting Billy Graham who more resembled a preening Solid Gold dancer than he did a serious evangelist. It made no sense. Another was the portrayal of Jan Crouch who was hardly a shrinking violet but was laden with silly wigs/costumes and a badly rendered southern drawl that pulled focus anytime she was onstage which was far too often for my liking. Less would have been so much more. So while I certainly hope they create a production big enough to hold its own at The Palace, I hope they reduce some of the OTT characterizations that are fine for a spoof but wear out their welcome in a show that would work that would work so much better without them..

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#58TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 12:49pm

Broadway Flash said: "I hope they DONT tone down the satire. Broadway audiences want to laugh. Why are tickets on sale so early? I hope Andrew rannels is able to get people to show up like they did for Gutenberg.
next season will also have Audra, Idina, Kristin, Sutton, Caissie Levy, Ariana Debose, Robyn Hurder, Jasmine Amy Rogers, hopefully Alyse Alan Louis and many many more
"

There is absolutely no world in which all of those performers will be on Broadway next season. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Broadway Flash
#59TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 5:14pm

Oh yes they will.  It’s going to be a very exciting season. 

gibsons2
#60TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 6:08pm

Will this musical be of any interest or even sense to a person, who has never heard of Tammy Faye before the said musical has been announced? I'm a fan of Rannells, but have zero knowledge of this musical's heroine? 

Updated On: 3/23/24 at 06:08 PM

bwaypotato
#61TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 6:51pm

gibsons2 said: "Will this musical be of any interest or even sense to a person, who has never heard of Tammy Faye before the said musical has been announced? I'm a fan of Rannells, but have zero knowledge of this musical's heroine?"

I know nothing of Tammy Faye or her story but Andrew Rannells is enough to get me there. I already purchased a ticket within budget. I’m looking forward to this one! 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#62TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 7:09pm

Broadway Flash said: "next season will also have Audra, Idina, Kristin, Sutton, Caissie Levy, Ariana Debose, Robyn Hurder, Jasmine Amy Rogers, hopefully Alyse Alan Louis and many many more"

Even 1/3 of that would be exciting, but there's also the big heavy hitters of Nicole Scherzinger, Megan Hilty, and Jennifer Simard too! Overall looking forward to this, a Tammy Faye musical has a lot of potential.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

PipingHotPiccolo
#63TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 7:20pm

Broadway Flash said: "next season will also have Audra, Idina, Kristin, Sutton, Caissie Levy, Ariana Debose, Robyn Hurder, Jasmine Amy Rogers, hopefully Alyse Alan Louis and many many more"

This girl is delusional.

Updated On: 3/23/24 at 07:20 PM

bwaypotato
#64TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 7:33pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Broadway Flash said: "next season will also have Audra, Idina, Kristin, Sutton, Caissie Levy, Ariana Debose, Robyn Hurder, Jasmine Amy Rogers, hopefully Alyse Alan Louis and many many more"

This girl is delusional.
"

I’d love to see Ariana Debose back on Broadway. In what though? No idea. Would she come in as a replacement for a show already open? 

Broadway Flash
#65TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 8:15pm

Kiss of the spider woman.  Audra’s doing gypsy.  Idina and Kristin have their new musicals.  Sutton limited engagement of Mattress. Caissie levy next to normal. Smash and Betty boop are all but certain for spring 2025.  I’m really hoping teeth comes in. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#66TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 8:22pm

You claimed that DeBose recently signed a contract for Spider Woman two different times, once in the fall and once just this month.

You also claimed Audra dropped Gypsy because she didn’t want competition for the Tony after she very publicly said she wasn’t doing it next season. 

You are just making **** up. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 3/23/24 at 08:22 PM

Broadway Flash
#67TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 8:27pm

No, I speculated why she said what she said.  But it’s happening.  Ariana did sign a contract last fall for next season with a pregnancy clause. It’s happening. 

Falsettolands
#68TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 8:31pm

Broadway Flash said: "No, I speculated why she said what she said. But it’s happening. Ariana did sign a contract last fall for next season with a pregnancy clause. It’s happening."

sir, this is a wendy's

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#69TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 8:53pm

For anyone else that was on this board about a decade ago... serious phillypinto vibes from Broadway Flash.

Updated On: 3/23/24 at 08:53 PM

Jarethan
#70TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 9:04pm

Kad said: "For anyone else that was on this board about a decade ago... serious phillypinto vibes from Broadway Flash."

I have felt that for a long time, but I could not remember Phillie Pinto’s moniker, although this particular thread is not the best illustration of the hyperbolic pronouncements he would make, almost always disagreeing with everyone else.

Broadway Flash
#71TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/23/24 at 9:41pm

You don’t like being wrong. You will see very soon!! 

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#72TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/24/24 at 12:28am

Kad said: "For anyone else that was on this board about a decade ago... serious phillypinto vibes from Broadway Flash."

This 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

bwaypotato
#73TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/24/24 at 5:44am

Anyway… if anyone wants to purchase presale tickets, use code TAMMY. I purchased now just in case they go up in price with general on sale this week. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#74TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
Posted: 3/24/24 at 10:29pm

I don't know what the future holds, but as of now, the very (perhaps overly) gigantic Palace digital marquis is all Tammy all the time. I wonder how that's sitting in the Platt household.

Videos