pixeltracker

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person

NiceWork2
#1can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/27/23 at 1:11pm

I'm asking this because something went wrong with a ticket i bought on stubhub earlier this week to the final show of here lies love.   it was at a relatively good price back on mon or tues.    the ticket was sent as a pdf.  i was all excited to go.   but when i got to the front of the long line on sunday, the ticket person told me the ticket had already been scanned in!   someone had already used the ticket apparently.....Or did the ticket system malfunction?   i know with mlb and nfl tickets when you post them on stubhub or seatgeek it automatically deactivates the ticket you origninally had unless it is delisted from the site later.  does telecharge not do this?     stubhub refunded me my money, but they really should give me something extra, this was a big inconvenience to say the least and i missed out on HLL's final show.   there was no time of course for stubhub to find me a replacment ticket.   

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/27/23 at 1:34pm

Sadly, this looks to be the case where the original ticket purchaser used the ticket they sold to StubHub. Only Tele-Charge has the ability to cancel a barcode and reissue a new barcoded ticket - StubHub does not. Once a barcode is scanned it can’t be re-scanned again - the scanner gets the “already scanned” message. StubHub issued you a refund and that’s all they obligated to do (their disclaimer even states this - they don’t reimburse you for the inconvenience). 

mshalo18
#3can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/27/23 at 1:47pm

This is why when you sell on the Theatr app, they hold the seller’s payment until 30 minutes after the show’s start time- to avoid the buyer getting screwed. I sold on the app this weekend, and just forwarded the email with the pdf- there was no issue. Sucks how so many people are out to screw someone. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/27/23 at 2:15pm

I'm sorry this happened to you, very disappointing, I'm sure.  But the other posters are right...StubHub has no other obligation to you.

People are scum And this is easy to do, all they need to do is be closer to the door than you. 
I'm sure Stub Hub has a way to make the "seller" responsible. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 11/27/23 at 02:15 PM

NiceWork2
#5can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 12:28pm

i recontacted Stubhub, and that's right, they refused to give me any kind of extra coupon or compensation.   just refunded me my base price purchase and said that constituted making me whole.     Nothing extra for the time, gas,  expense, fuel, tolls, etc of going to the theatre and then being denied admittance like a homeless person .    and missed the show.

Thanks for upholding your STUBHUB fan guarantee.    

And to the person who sold this ticket and then decide to use the print out ticket themselves, leaving me out in the cold - i hope you enjoyed the show,     and i hope you trip and fall and injure yourself in the middle of 5th ave one day.     It would serve you right for conning me out of here lie love's final show.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 12:37pm

Nothing extra for the time, gas, expense, fuel, tolls, etc of going to the theatre and then being denied admittance like a homeless person .

They are a business that fulfilled their obligation to you. They don't owe you lunch at the f*cking Plaza. Jesus. 

spicemonkey
#7can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 12:44pm

mshalo18 said: "This is why when you sell on the Theatr app, they hold the seller’s payment until 30 minutes after the show’s start time- to avoid the buyer getting screwed. I sold on the app this weekend, and just forwarded the email with the pdf- there was no issue. Sucks how so many people are out to screw someone."

How does “holding the payments” work with the Theatr app? I have sold several times on there but only via Venmo.

btw - I got scammed as a seller. The person who got my ticket never sent payment to me. Guess I was too stupid to trust ppl. (If you are contacted by a person named Matthew P on Theatr, do not sell ticket to them)

Updated On: 11/29/23 at 12:44 PM

NiceWork2
#8can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 2:26pm

Sutton Ross,   thanks for your empathy.   I hope you  get scammed out of a ticket one day.     Maybe you'll have a little more empathy one day. maybe.

Hairspray0901
#9can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 2:58pm

I had printed tickets to the sold out run of Into the Woods at NYC Center and Company last year. I stupidly left my backpack unzipped for a minute as I got out of my car  to leave it at a parking garage. someone lifted both sets of tickets from my bag and I noticed as soon as I went to close my bag that the tickets were missing. I immediately went to Ny city center and told them what happened and showed them my email stating I bought the tickets and asked if I could be reissued my tickets with a new barcode. They said absolutely and said if someone tried to get in with my original tickets, they wouldn’t work. the Jacobs box office said the same thing - printing new tickets for company would cancel out the old ones.

so to answer your question, telecharge (shubert theatres) tickets can be canceled out and re-printed however, stubhub is a different entity and unfortunately your situation was different. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#10can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 2:59pm

I'm not stupid enough to let that happen to me but if it did, I would expect a refund, not extra cash for lunch, gas and tolls. It's the sense of entitlement for me. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#11can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 3:59pm

spicemonkey said:

"btw - I got scammed as a seller. The person who got my ticket never sent payment to me. Guess I was too stupid to trust ppl. (If you are contacted a person named Matthew P on Theatr, do not sell ticket to them)"

Why would you ever send a ticket without getting payment first? 

spicemonkey
#12can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 4:14pm

That’s a good question Taffy - I want to bang my head against the wall :/ 

mshalo18
#13can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 4:38pm

spicemonkey said: "mshalo18 said: "This is why when you sell on the Theatr app, they hold the seller’s payment until 30 minutes after the show’s start time- to avoid the buyer getting screwed. I sold on the app this weekend, and just forwarded the email with the pdf- there was no issue. Sucks how so many people are out to screw someone."

How does “holding the payments” work with theTheatr app? I have sold several times on there but only via Venmo.

btw - I got scammed as a seller. The person who got my ticket never sent payment to me. Guess I was too stupid to trust ppl. (If you are contacted by a person named Matthew P on Theatr, do not sell ticket to them)
"

My tickets sold through Instant Buy, so I believe (won't swear to it) that the buyer has to purchase directly through the app. Once 30 minutes into the show passed, my funds went from "on hold" to "pending", and after 48 hours I was able to transfer the funds to my bank account through Stripe. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#14can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 4:48pm

They just updated the app to make sales more secure, and transactions go through Stripe now. Annoying for me, since I'm completely trustworthy, and love the way it was before. I haven't updated the app though, so I'll continue to get payments on Venmo, until they make me stop.

Islander_fan
#15can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 6:05pm

To the OP,

I hate to break it to you, but, Stubhub did the right thing in the right way. They didn’t pay for your tolls or lunch or anything else that was part of your outing. I mean, yeah, it sucks that the seller cheated the system for their own financial gain but they refunded you in the end. 

As for Theatr app, I love it, there’s only one thing now that annoys me with the pay now feature. That is that you can’t get in touch with the seller. I have had, more than once, interacted with a seller who has more than one ticket for a show listed, and, sometimes they are happy being accommodating. For example, if they are selling four tickets for a show, they may not mind splitting it up for two parties of two people etc. I like the buy now feature but wish it would still allow me to get in touch with the seller. 

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#16can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/29/23 at 6:11pm

There’s a $5 balcony ticket on sale on StubHub for tonight’s Boop! (Wed, Nov 29)

bwayobsessed
#17can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person
Posted: 11/30/23 at 8:16am

Victoria Clark was also my number 1! She had the benefit of Kimberly Akimbo coming out this year and me seeing Piazza for the first time. Also in my top were Wedding Singer, Come From Away, and & Juliet-All of which I saw for the first time this year.