pixeltracker

ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread

ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 12:00am

Alan Cumming returns to Studio 54 tomorrow night (March 11) for a performance of his solo show, Alan Cumming Is Not Acting His Age. Previously seen at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane across the pond, the Tony-winning actor blends story, song, and an exploration of aging to create a unique and spirited cabaret act. An encore performance is scheduled for March 25.

“Cumming’s puckish spirit and eclectic joie de vivre is on full display in Alan Cumming Is Not Acting His Age, an evening of story mixed with song mixed with a joyful and mischievous exploration of our most communal of pastimes: aging! Here, Cumming covers all the bases: sex, death, and bacchanalia, with a set list as eclectic as the man himself – Kander and Ebb tunes blended with contemporary favorites, and even a self-penned paean against plastic surgery. He also discusses the effects of gravity, the time the mom from the Brady Bunch punched him, and what his dog taught him about the quality of life.”

Who’s going?


Oh look, a bibu!

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#2ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 10:34am

There comes a time when puckishness begins to wear thin.  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 10:40am

Impeach2017 said: "There comes a time when puckishness begins to wear thin."

Considering Cumming is enjoying a great deal of renewed popular appreciation and success thanks to The Traitors, that time is not now for a lot of people. 


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#4ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 1:11pm

Kad said: "Impeach2017 said: "There comes a time when puckishness begins to wear thin."

Considering Cumming is enjoying a great deal of renewed popular appreciationand success thanks to The Traitors, that time is not now for a lot of people.
"

I think both things are true. I love watching the Traitors but his personality (or persona) on the show drives me nuts.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 1:56pm

He was a phenomenal Dooley Blight in season two of “Schmigadoon!”, as well.


Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 3/10/24 at 01:56 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/10/24 at 2:12pm

FANtomFollies said: "Kad said: "Impeach2017 said: "There comes a time when puckishness begins to wear thin."

Considering Cumming is enjoying a great deal of renewed popular appreciationand success thanks to The Traitors, that time is not now for a lot of people.
"

I think both things are true. I love watching the Traitors but his personality (or persona) on the show drives me nuts.
"

 

That is part of what has stopped me from watching the show just from the promos.

 


Just give the world Love.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#7ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/11/24 at 10:25pm

Who here went tonight? 


Oh look, a bibu!

BoringBoredBoard40
#8ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/11/24 at 10:39pm

This is essentially a try out for a longer run later this year...

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#9ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/12/24 at 12:21am

One night is a long enough run for me. 

BETTY22
#10ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/12/24 at 6:50pm

He told a story last night about Kristen C sending the most inappropriate gift to Isabelle Stevenson - to her face as she was in the audience.

It was hilarious...........

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#11ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/12/24 at 9:19pm

JSquared2 said: "OFFS. Learn a new routineYour schtick is getting old and tiresome."

I don't know. I tell every acquaintance and family member I know, when they mention the possibility of voting for a Republican, that they can't possibly vote for that person and still support me. I've been doing this since about 2004. I do this whether it's the first time they've considered voting Republican, or the hundredth. Would you say my schtick has become old and tiresome and that I should just get over it?

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#12ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/13/24 at 2:30pm

P.S. can anyone actually answer my question?


Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

verywellthensigh
#13ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/13/24 at 6:59pm

It matters that much to you?  Weird. 

MemorableUserName
#14ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/13/24 at 7:22pm

kdogg36 said: "JSquared2 said: "OFFS. Learn a new routineYour schtick is getting old and tiresome."

I don't know. I tell every acquaintance and family member I know, when they mention the possibility of voting for a Republican, that they can't possibly vote for that person and still support me. I've been doing this since about 2004.I do this whether it's the first time they've considered voting Republican, or the hundredth. Would you say my schtick has become old and tiresome and that I should just get over it?
"

You telling someone you know that they can't support Republicans and still support you has a specific purpose and a goal to achieve for something that affects you personally and directly.

This person repeatedly harping about the British Empire and knighthood/damehoods on a Broadway message board is pointless. It's almost always off-topic, and there's no purpose to be achieved from it here but empty virtue signaling. "The British Empire was BAD! And I, Jay Lerner-Z, am GOOD! How do you know? Because I keep talking about how BAD this thing was! LOOK AT ME! Look at how GOOD I am!" It's not like there are hordes of actors and actresses in line for knighthoods/damehoods reading this message board thinking, "Wow! I have been schooled by Jay Lerner-Z on Broadway World! I will reject any recognition so offered or return the one I already accepted!" Or are there people reading the boards and thinking, "I came here to discuss Broadway, but this Jay Lerner-Z sure feels strongly about the British Empire. I should read up on that! I may be so outraged that I too will rise up against...this thing that no longer exists and is simply an empty title now!"?

If you genuinely can't tell the difference between the circumstance you described and what Jay Lerner-Z is doing, that's on you.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#15ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/14/24 at 10:57am

Sadly, my comments have been deleted (why exactly?) and the attacks against me have been left without any proper context. I am unable to defend myself.


Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

BwayStarlette
#16ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/21/24 at 11:16am

Can someone tell me how long the show is? Seeing it next week! And is there an intermission?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#17ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/21/24 at 11:19am

BwayStarlette said: "Can someone tell me how long the show is? Seeing it next week! And is there an intermission?"

It’s around an hour and a half with an intermission. 


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#18ALAN CUMMING IS NOT ACTING HIS AGE Thread
Posted: 3/25/24 at 11:35am

Who’s going to tonight’s encore performance?


Oh look, a bibu!