pixeltracker

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!- Page 4

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#75(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 10:27pm

Agreed that it's disappointing Francis Benhamou didn't make the cut. That's one of the omissions I'm most bummed about. A few others I'm more sad than mad about, as they were probably on the bubble to begin with: Natalie Gold for Appropriate, Soutra Gilmour for her Merrily costumes, and DAWOR for orchestrations.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#76(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 11:27pm

Liam Pearce (How To Dance In Ohio) was robbed of a Featured Actor nom

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#77(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 4/30/24 at 11:47pm

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t understand all the hate for back to the future. Yes, it’s pedestrian. But it’s a lot of fun, wonderful big musical numbers and effects. And Roger Bart, Hugh Coles, and Casey Likes rock."

There is no category for Best Lots of Fun

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#78(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 12:04am

Pedestrian definition:  

adjective

1. lacking inspiration or excitement; dull.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#79(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 7:41am

That’s not my definition of the word.  And I’m just realizing, Back to the future got robbed a Lighting nomination.  

dramamama611
#80(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 8:07am

Yes, that's obvious, but if you want to communicate with others (presumably why you're here) you need to use words correctly, that say want you actually mean. 

My point, however, was ..that thats the very reason many of us don't like it. It's pedestrian. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#81(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 9:17am

pe·des·tri·an
noun
a person walking along a road or in a developed area.

Wow! & they make such a big deal about having a car!

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#82(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 9:19am

There are some threads I just shouldn't step into.  Why do I punish myself?

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#83(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 9:23am

LuckyDipster said: "There are some threads I just shouldn't step into. Why do I punish myself?"

Because you want to play the victim for, I don’t know, liking Back to the Future? Pretty weird hill to climb atop and then loudly proclaim you’re dying on.

BeingAlive44Ever
#84(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 9:32am

I really wanted Chip Zien to get his first ever Tony nomination. All I'm saying is there's no way Brian D'arcy James is going to win this season (his show was a limited run I believe) and he already had four nominations. Chip really deserves something. He's kind of an icon to Broadway fans. And it feels like a cosmic insult, since Brian won a Grammy and got a Tony nom for Into the Woods and Chip Zien got snubbed then too. 

But I guess I understand ignoring Harmony at the Tonys. I liked it, but I have no trouble admitting it was a flawed and doomed show. 

Sytwix
#85(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 9:50am

Besides Chip Zien, I thought Brent Comer (Darrel) in The Outsiders was a standout and deserved a Tony nomination.

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
LuckyDipster
#86(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 10:25am

ColorTheHours048 said: "Pretty weird hill to climb atop and then loudly proclaim you’re dying on."

May your bottom forever be itchy.

bigbelterbaby
#87(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 10:33am

Miss10036 said: "Agreed that it's disappointing Francis Benhamou didn't make the cut. That's one of the omissions I'm most bummed about. A few others I'm more sad than mad about, as they were probably on the bubble to begin with: Natalie Gold for Appropriate, Soutra Gilmour for her Merrily costumes, and DAWOR for orchestrations."

I was rooting for Natalie Gold and surprised Benhamou was snubbed since she won the Drama Desk last year. 
Also sad for Brent Comer and Paul Alexander Nolan. 

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

BeingAlive44Ever
#88(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 10:37am

KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Chip from Harmony and Harmony the musical owns this thread. Sadly."

I'm unsure as to the intention behind this message. I will say, as much as I personally enjoyed Harmony and thought Chip was phenomenal and definitely deserved a nomination over a handful of people, and as much as I would have loved to see Chip nominated, I do completely understand the whole ignoring Harmony thing. It has a lot of structural problems, the score really isn't for everybody and some parts are even objectively bad, other than Chip there were no real standout performances. It didn't have a starry name, it didn't have spectacle, it had a story nobody really wanted to see, it had a score nobody cared about, it was basically destined to fail. 

This is my way of addressing both ways your message could be taken: 

Either you meant "Harmony sucks, why do all these people care so much about it not getting nominations?"

Or you meant "Harmony was so good, it's so sad how it got snubbed and all these people seem to be noticing it"

Either way I agree with you somehow 

KarenValentine'sheadband
#89(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 11:27am

BeingAlive44Ever said: "KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Chip from Harmony and Harmony the musical owns this thread. Sadly."

I'm unsure as to the intention behind this message. I will say, as much as I personally enjoyed Harmony and thought Chip was phenomenal and definitely deserved a nomination over a handful of people, and as much as I would have loved to see Chip nominated, I do completely understand the whole ignoring Harmony thing. It has a lot of structural problems, the score really isn't for everybody and some parts are even objectively bad, other than Chip there were norealstandout performances. It didn't have a starry name, it didn't have spectacle, it had a story nobody really wanted to see, it had a score nobody cared about, it was basically destined to fail.

This is my way of addressing both ways your message could be taken:

Either you meant "Harmony sucks, why do all these people care so much about it not getting nominations?"

Or you meant "Harmony was so good, it's so sad how it got snubbed and all these people seem to be noticing it"

Either way I agree with you somehow
"

The thread is about who do people think was "robbed." I said Chip and the show. Not sure how else I could say it? I loved the score, lighting, costume, scenic design and Chip. That's five potential noms. I think Eddie getting the nod for mugging to the audience is ridiculous. 

Updated On: 5/1/24 at 11:27 AM

hearthemsing22
#90(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 11:35am

LuckyDipster said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "Pretty weird hill to climb atop and then loudly proclaim you’re dying on."

May your bottom forever be itchy.
"

oh my goodness- thank you for that laugh this morning bwahahaha Updated On: 5/1/24 at 11:35 AM

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Miss10036
#91(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 11:57am

Sytwix said: "Besides Chip Zien, I thought Brent Comer (Darrel) in The Outsiders was a standout and deserved a Tony nomination."

If I had to pick two featured Outsiders performances to get nods, I’d have chosen Boone and Comer.  Very happy for Sky Lakota-Lynch, of course, but would’ve been nice to see the nominators’ Outsiders acting love spread to Comer.

BeingAlive44Ever
#92(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 12:02pm

KarenValentine'sheadband said: "

"KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Chip from Harmony and Harmony the musical owns this thread. Sadly."

The threadis about who do people think was "robbed." I said Chip and the show. Not sure how else I could say it? I loved the score, lighting, costume, scenicdesign and Chip. That's five potential noms. I think Eddie getting the nod for mugging to the audience is ridiculous."

I just thought it could be taken either as "why is everybody is talking about Chip", which is true or as "I agree with everybody talking about Chip." I think he deserved a nomination. I enjoyed the show very much. But yeah I stand by everything I said. 

I'm not sure I would say Eddie Redmayne was just "mugging at the audience", though there certainly is a lot of that. It was nowhere near as subtle or powerful as Chip, that much I can definitely agree on.

KarenValentine'sheadband
#93(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 12:07pm

BeingAlive44Ever said: "KarenValentine'sheadband said: "

"KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Chip from Harmony and Harmony the musical owns this thread. Sadly."

The threadis about who do people think was "robbed." I said Chip and the show. Not sure how else I could say it? I loved the score, lighting, costume, scenicdesign and Chip. That's five potential noms. I think Eddie getting the nod for mugging to the audience is ridiculous."

I just thought it could be taken either as "why is everybody is talking about Chip", which is true or as "I agree with everybody talking about Chip." I think he deserved a nomination. I enjoyed the show very much. But yeah I stand by everything I said.

I'm not sure I would say Eddie Redmayne was just "mugging at the audience", though there certainly is a lot of that. It was nowhere near as subtle or powerful as Chip, that much I can definitely agree on.
"

Okay. I stand by everything I said too. 

Updated On: 5/1/24 at 12:07 PM

BeingAlive44Ever
#94(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 12:40pm

KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Okay. I stand by everything I said too."

I didn't mean to fight. I apologize. I agree with your perspective for the most part anyways. I think that Eddie really didn't deserve a nomination on account of the fact he already has a Tony and Chip doesn't have even one nomination. 

dramamama611
#95(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 12:54pm

Well, that's a terrible reason to nominate (or not nominate) anyone. This isn't little league where everyone gets a trophy. 

BeingAlive44Ever
#96(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 1:03pm

dramamama611 said: "Well, that's a terrible reason to nominate (or not nominate) anyone. This isn't little league where everyone gets a trophy."

That would be true if that were what I was suggesting. And, really, it does feel like little league when some things are nominated. Like, tell me why two best featured actor slots in 2017 were Falsettos when basically everybody knew that an already closed three month run of a show the same season as that huge Dolly revival wasn't going to win anything. It's because the nomination is an acknowledgement of great work. When somebody puts in as much great work over and over as Chip does, it feels a little bit unfair that people like James Corden have won a Tony with one real role and meanwhile Chip does show after show and almost always gives an exceptional performance and gets nothing. It's not uncommon for the committee to not nominate or award people who already have a ton of awards. Other awards shows certainly do this more, but the Tonys are really all about whose career and what show is going to benefit the most from the award every bit as much as they are about the quality of the aspects awarded. Tell me right now that Avenue Q is a better musical with a better book and score than Wicked. I love both shows, but Wicked is clearly a better show. Avenue Q deserved that award though. Wicked didn't need that to run for twenty years. Do you see what I'm saying? Eddie Redmayne doesn't need another nomination. Chip has been at it so long that I honestly think he does need a nomination. I'm not saying that every actor should just get a nomination for being on Broadway at all, but people like Chip who have had long, incredible careers deserve some kind of honor. No way he's gonna win. He might get a lifetime achievement award if he lives ten more years. But a nomination would have been just great. 

KarenValentine'sheadband
#97(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 1:13pm

BeingAlive44Ever said: "KarenValentine'sheadband said: "Okay. I stand by everything I said too."

I didn't mean to fight. I apologize. I agree with your perspective for the most part anyways. I think that Eddiereallydidn't deserve a nomination on account of the fact he already has a Tony and Chip doesn't have even one nomination.
"

No apologies needed. No fighting from me. I reaffirming my point as you are. I'm glad we can agree. I saw Cabaret in London and thought he was mugging back then. 

And let me clarify I think Cabaret, WFE and HK were overly nominated, IMO. Plus, I don't think a play should be in the score category. I'm old fashion. Whatever. 

Updated On: 5/1/24 at 01:13 PM

BeingAlive44Ever
#98(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 1:18pm

KarenValentine'sheadband said: "No apologies needed. No fighting from me. I reaffirming my point as you are. I'm glad we can agree. I saw Cabaretin London and thought he was mugging back then."

I'm not saying he's not mugging. Just that there is a bit more to his performance than that. I heard he got drastically better on Broadway, though admittedly I have not seen it since it transferred. Broadway is much more expensive. I definitely think that, between him and Chip, I'd rather Chip be nominated. But really I'd rather Chip be nominated over Brian D'Arcy James, since he basically just got a nomination out of obligation. 

KarenValentine'sheadband
#99(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
Posted: 5/1/24 at 1:27pm

BeingAlive44Ever said: "KarenValentine'sheadband said: "No apologies needed. No fighting from me. I reaffirming my point as you are. I'm glad we can agree. I saw Cabaretin London and thought he was mugging back then."

I'm not saying he's not mugging. Just that there is a bit more to his performance than that. I heard he got drastically better on Broadway, though admittedly I have not seen it since it transferred. Broadway is much more expensive. I definitely think that, between him and Chip, I'd rather Chip be nominated. But really I'd rather Chip be nominated over Brian D'Arcy James, since he basically just got a nomination out of obligation.
"

It's interesting I went with a group of friends and it was split down the middle. Some loved the mugging and other friends were like "enough" already. I clearly couldn't get past it. 

Updated On: 5/1/24 at 01:27 PM