Casting for The Little Mermaid?

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#0Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 7:33pm

Does anyone know anything about casting for The Little Mermaid? It is coming to Broadway someday, right? I was listening to my Lea Delaria cd and thought she would make an absolutely perfect Ursula. What do you think?
shermanslave productions

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

#1re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 7:35pm

o you're right!

Lea Delaria is perfect for Ursula, the only problem is that when Ursula becomes a lady there will have to be two different actresses..

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#2re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 7:45pm

it has been years since I have seen the film. I don't even recall that she becomes a lady. Hmmm, a quandry.

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#3re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 8:54pm

Casting hasn't begun yet. I have a feeling that Kerry Butler is a shoe-in for Ariel. Harvey Fierstein would be a hoot as Ursula.

broadwaysweetheart
#4re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 9:32pm

Kerry would be amazing as Ariel, hope it gets done sometime soon
Kerry Butler Fanlisting

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#5re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 9:40pm

Kerry Butler as Ariel and Patti LuPone as Ursula...

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#6re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 11:39pm

I love the Kerry and Patti duo. Now, for the Prince - let me guess what most people would want. Adam Pascal? Sure, why not, I like him. Otherwise, I would totally agree with Norbet Leo Butz. The king? I have no friggin' clue. Just some idea...

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Jason128
#7re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/17/04 at 11:43pm

Are they really bringing this movie to the stage?! I have always wanted them to, its one of my favorite Disney movies!!!

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#8re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 12:56am

no to Adam or Norbert, though I love them dearly. eric needs a prettier voice...

Gavin Creel
Max Von Essen
Cheyenne Jackson

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.
Updated On: 4/18/04 at 12:56 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 1:55am

All excellent choices. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 2:19am

Chris Sieber for Eric.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

catcher Profile Photo
catcher
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 2:46am

Emily Skinner was Ursula in the reading and she was apparently amazing (or so I have heard from cast members or friends of cast members). I root for her to do everything, so, I hope we see her if this ever happens!

musicaltheatreman
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 3:24am

i want emily skinner or patti lupone to play ursla!!!!!! ariel of course kerry butler and the prince gavin creel

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 12:49pm

chris sieber is a great choice for eric, lea delaria would be the perfect ursula, linda eder for the changed ursula??? kerry butler would be good as ariel, but i'd like to hear someone else, what's jessica grove like?

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 12:54pm

Jessica Grove- Ariel
Patti LuPone- Ursula
Cheyenne Jackson-Eric
Brent Barrett- King Triton? Updated On: 4/18/04 at 12:54 PM

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 12:55pm

I'm so excited for this production. Let's face it, Disney has been very successful on Broadway, and The Little Mermaid has so much potential for a really dazzling theatrical show, and with the names being rumored around: a lot of talent.

JakeB
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 1:05pm

Wow! Finally a show where a certain performer cannot be mentioned! Answers on a postcard..

aspiringguy715
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 1:05pm

i dont know how they're gonna stage it though, its very tough, the under water/out of water scenes, then the whole dillema on how ariel will move

aspiringguy715
JakeB
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 1:21pm

Sutton Foster. I have nothing against her, she has a nice voice on the recording of TMM (I've never seen her) but everyone went through this obsession of casting her in everything. She's not a chameleon!

BroadwayKate
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 1:59pm

Gavin Creel would be the perfect Eric! I have thought this for such a long time...but I would also be a huge fan of Max as Eric

kate

say the word...and i just might listen...

TheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
#21re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/18/04 at 4:18pm

Well, because I'm obnoxious......
Kristin Chenoweth as Ariel
Idina Menzel as Ursula
Norbert Leo Butz as Eric
re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?

Really:
Angela Christian as Ariel
Sheryl Lee Ralph as Ursula
I don't know who I would choose to play Eric

"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~

musicaltheatreman
#22re: re: re: re: Casting for The Little Mermaid?
Posted: 4/19/04 at 2:39pm

just through some new names out there, what about larua bell bundy as ariel and lillias white or jenniefer holiday as ursala

Videos