CLUE: The Musical

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#0CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/25/04 at 4:45pm

Yes, that CLUE. Does anyone have the CD for this show? I know at one point they were for sale on the website, and for a long time they said they would be getting more, but never did. Does anyone have a copy of it, or can make a copy for me or did anyone ever see the show??? How was it??? Was Ms. White really played by a man???
CLUE: The Musical Updated On: 6/25/04 at 04:45 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 1:07am

Oh, YES! If anyone has anything from this, please let me know also!!! This CD is impossible to find!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#2re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 1:38am

I didnt even know there WAS a Clue the Musical, thats awesome.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 1:54am

Ugh, if Matt, can't find it I give up already.... re: CLUE: The Musical

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 2:01am

I do have a knack for finding things, but this is something I've searched for for years now that I just can't seem to locate.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#5re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 2:13am

Maybe Mr. Green left it in the library next to the candlestick?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

MidwestBWayBaby Profile Photo
MidwestBWayBaby
#6re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 6/26/04 at 2:56am

Funny someone should bring this up! Last Friday I saw the Thespian Troupe from my old high school present this production. I remember some people mentioning that it hadn't been staged on B-Way and that there wasn't a recording of the music anywhere. Mind you, I live in Springfield, Missouri (one of the states in the middle) and it could easily have been incorrect information, but I had to contribute what I knew.
In case you're wondering; it was a great production! They won state and they were on their was to present it to the ITS National Convention in Nebraska this past week. I hope they did well. I know that they made the alumni very happy with the show!

benjamin_barker Profile Photo
benjamin_barker
#7re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 8:57am

Bumping this thread, cause I too would really be interested in any clues as to how to get a hold of this.

"Demons are prowling everywhere, nowadays..." - - Tobias, "Sweeney Todd"

mattnyc2 Profile Photo
mattnyc2
#8re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 10:00am

I triple LOVE the movie as well as the VCR games (anyone remember those?) I think that it would be great if this came back to NY.

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#9re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 1:48pm

The movie is Fabulous! I bought my dad a copy of the script, but I have yet to read it yet. But I played the board game so much as a kid and read the childrens short books (which are hilarious). Clue is wonderful!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#10re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 1:53pm

i definitely didn't know there was a CLUE musical! i would love to see/hear that..

good luck finding anything!

[colony?]

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#11re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 2:00pm

I have a recorded version of the regional production I did in Philly years ago. I'm not sure if I even still have it, but I will look. Mrs. White was a woman in our show. It is a fun show, with suprisingly difficult music for a "fluff" show.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

LANYC
#12re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 4:55pm

checked all my torrent sites cannot find it. really want to hear it.

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#13re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 5:00pm

One of the dorms at my school is performing it sometime this year, which I can't wait to see. It sounds pretty interesting, and it'd be nice to have a copy of the cast recording.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#14re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 5:13pm

It sounds ridiculous to have a CLUE: The Musical because Clue itself was based off of the Mousetrap by Agatha Christie, which is a very good show! (I played Det. Trotter in my high school's production of it last year...)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 5:54pm

Just to clarify something that was said upthread: Clue the Musical does not follow the same plot as Clue: the Movie.

They're both quite amusing, but the musical was not an adaptation of the film (which in my opinion lends itself to musicalization quite nicely, but oh well).

Broadway Baby4
#16re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 5:57pm

Never heard to it. Sorry!

Oh and what I've learned is that if you licence it through Samuel French INC, it was a flop.

RIP Beauty and the Beast 1994 - 2007 RIP Lestat 04/25/2006 - 05/29/06 You may be gone, but you are NOT forgotten! RIP Jonathan Larson! "Thank You Jonathan Larson!" My FAVORITE Broadway Actors who I LOVE (cause their AWESOME): Josh Strickland, Aaron Lazar, David Ayers, Sebastian Arcelus and Hugh Panaro

maybethistime
#17re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 6:06pm

I'm pretty sure the only recording ever made was an 8-track "demo" which I finally got my hands on a while ago! The track listing is as follows:

1. Overture
2. Life is a Bowl of Pits
3. Everyday Devices
4. Once A Widow
5. Corridors and Halls
6. She Hasn't Got A Clue
7. Don't Blame Me
8. Foul Weather Friend

Comparing with the song list listed on the website, that last number was cut or changed sometime in the creative process, I guess. I haven't really scrutinized the album, but it sounds good enough. Not Broadway caliber, but interesting and fun.

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#18re: CLUE: The Musical
Posted: 1/15/07 at 6:33pm

Foul Weather Friend( and should have been cut, if I reall!) was included in my production in Philadelphia in 1998....I have a groovy cast photo with all of us in our color-coordinated finery. I wil post if I can find it :)

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

Videos