ItSucks2BAveQ
#0WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:07pm

who is he? what shows has he been in?

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#1re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:09pm

You wouldn't care. You think the show sucks anyway...

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#2re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:10pm

tru dat, homie g

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#3re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:10pm

hee hee -- that was great Cookie

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

Mattio98
#4re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:13pm

I love your work Mr. Schwartz!

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#5re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:14pm

Itsucks2beavenueq's icon reminds me of Seussical and the dust speck (Whoville). Sort of reminds me how the did Avenue Jew. I can see it being done. There was a show called The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss. Just pull those puppets out of storage. re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#6re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:14pm

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#7re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:16pm

Tell us, is your hair real???

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#8re: WHOS BARRET FOA?!
Posted: 8/9/04 at 4:20pm

I also like the fact that whoever this kid is wasn't able to figure out how to make the "Who?" small enough to fit inside the orange puffball. I also just did a board search. He/she has only made one comment that was actually supported by other information. (When talking about Idina winning the Tony. He/she has a penchant for attacking people who enjoy Ave Q(obviously). I also am under the impression that he/she is also very young. I love the fact that he/she is always on other people about spelling of names and such, but is not so great his/herself.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 8/9/04 at 04:20 PM

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#9it's two ts
Posted: 8/9/04 at 5:58pm

it's two ts

i love barrett foa and cannot bare to see a message board thread about him die as he is one of the most gorgeous men on broadway!!!

barrett is currently in the ensemble of avenue q and understudies tony nominee john tartagila (for rod and prnceton) and rick lyon (trekkie, nicky, and bad idea bear) he was also an ensemble member in Mamma Mia but I fell in love with him when he was Mordred in Camelot at Papermill!! He's also done a lot of off-broadway stuff and the west side story gap ads
here's his site for those interested

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died
Updated On: 8/9/04 at 05:58 PM

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#10it's two ts
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:01pm

this is Barrett Foa
<<<----------------

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

LadyGuenevere
#11it's two ts
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:04pm

Don't respond seriously to the thread that someone called "Itsucks2BAveQ" started. I bet you that this kid knows who he is.

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#12barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:09pm

i just figured i'd help spread the word - as many people looking at the message boards might seriously have the same question and barett is an amazing performer!!!!

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

LadyGuenevere
#13barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:13pm

[shameless promotion]
Or just click on my link.

:-P

[/shameless promotion] Updated On: 8/9/04 at 06:13 PM

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#14barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:16pm

Hes amazing! He will be huge!

shlamdiddly
#15barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:18pm

I saw him in Q...he was amazing.

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#16barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:28pm

OK...ahem...

Barett Foa is a good looking guy.

Barett Foa is not an amazingly talented guy - an alright voice, decent actor - can he dance?

Barett Foa is overrated...but I can see how people would make such a big fuss about him.

Don't forget, Foa fans - he was Jesus in Godspell.

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Updated On: 8/9/04 at 06:28 PM

shlamdiddly
#17barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:30pm

when I saw him in Avene Q he WAS amazing

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#18barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:32pm

Mr. Foa is a quite the looka.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#19barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:34pm

He was fantastic in Avenue Q! I was really upset when I went and John Tartaglia wasn't in, but Barett gave such a great performance, I didn't mind not seeing John Tartaglia.

And the first time I read his name, I thought it said Ferret Boa. I'm like "What kind of name is that??"

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

shlamdiddly
#20barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:35pm

" I was really upset when I went and John Tartaglia wasn't in, but Barett gave such a great performance, I didn't mind not seeing John Tartaglia."

me too!...I think his name kinda sounds like feather boa...

G Profile Photo
G
#21barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:42pm

Barett might have a decent voice, but he's not "one with the puppet". It's only a great performance if you don't even notice the perfomer, but let the puppet be the real star of the show. That's what the craft of Jim Henson has always been about, and that's why Barett doesn't even come close to Johnny T.

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#22barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:43pm

FERRET BOA! LMAO!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

shlamdiddly
#23barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:45pm

I'm hopefully going back this fall/winter to see john

LadyGuenevere
#24barett foa
Posted: 8/9/04 at 6:45pm

"Barett might have a decent voice, but he's not "one with the puppet". It's only a great performance if you don't even notice the perfomer, but let the puppet be the real star of the show. That's what the craft of Jim Henson has always been about, and that's why Barett doesn't even come close to Johnny T."

Very true. In that show, Barrett isn't exactly what was intended in the show- people are supposed to look at the puppets. And people tend to do that when John is performing, while people notice Barrett because he doesn't let the puppet perform for him, he performs with the puppet.

Videos