pixeltracker

Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?

Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?

JohnnyTlover216
#0Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:02am

Hey- who do you think will replace the original cast of avenue Q. (besides the understudies)?

Ruv and hate, they like to brothers, who go on a date

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#1re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:08am

I know you said "beside the understudies", but I seriously don't think anyone CAN replace the original Q cast except for the understudies. They're the only ones who have had sufficient training and practice with puppets. (Unless they hire some Sesame St. alumni, of course.)

I think the original cast is irreplaceable; however, I'd be very happy to see Barrett Foa eventually take over as Princeton/Rod.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#2re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:09am

I'm curious to see if any other the current actors in the show move on to Las Vegas.

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#3re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:14am

If they do I hope the whole cast does it at once......but only for a limited time. Then Vegas can find their dam# cast!

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#4re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:14am

I intend on eventually replacing someone as either princeton/rod or nicky/ trekkie

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#5re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:20am

If they do I hope the whole cast does it at once......but only for a limited time. Then Vegas can find their dam# cast!

Actually, I heard that IS what's happening. The grapevine says that the original cast will open the LV production for the initial 3 months, then they will return to New York and the replacement cast will go on in LV. No official word, though.

I intend on eventually replacing someone as either princeton/rod or nicky/ trekkie

Jonartdesigns, I remember you mentioning that you were a puppeteer. That's amazing! I hope you become part of the Avenue Q cast too.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

JohnnyTlover216
#6re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:27am

I think that would be a good idea (about the original cast going to start off the las vegas show and then coming back), I hope that happens because I will be very sad if some of them stay in new york and some of them go to LV and do the show!

Updated On: 9/3/04 at 02:27 AM

IssaMe
#7re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:38am

Third time I've posted this...(and others have too I believe).
Indeed, the plan is for the current Broadway cast to go to Vegas for the first three months of the show to launch it there, meanwhile the NY understudies would play the show in NYC, then the original NY cast would return to NY to finish out their contracts on Broadway. They are not planning on splitting up the current cast between NY and LV.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#8re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:42am

Great. I want to see Ann Sanders go on as Christmas Eve!

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

JohnnyTlover216
#9re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:50pm

I saw Ann Sanders as the understudy for Jen Barnhart (as Mrs. T. and bad idea bear, boxes, and helper of trekkie and kate monster and rod and otheres haha.) She was very adorable and sweet, I'd imagine her to be a great christmas eve!

insomniak
#10re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:52pm

When will they be leaving?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#11re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:55pm

BlueWizard- thanks for the support, i appreciate that

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

LadyGuenevere
#12re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 2:56pm

The understudies are freaking awesome- they'll get the needed attention for their talent when the original cast is in Vegas.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#13re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:05pm

LadyG, or rather, anyone- have you seen Aymee as Kate Monster? How is she? Updated On: 9/3/04 at 03:05 PM

LadyGuenevere
#14re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:07pm

Oh no, I only saw Aymee go on for Jen, she did well there. But I didn't see her on stage for Steph. Updated On: 9/3/04 at 03:07 PM

JohnnyTlover216
#15re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:11pm

Has anyone ever seen Jen go on for Steph? I saw her in another show "empty handed" (w/ johnny, jen, and steph) and heard Jen sing for the first time- she's great and I would deffinetely like to see her as Kate Monster!

broadwayguy2
#16re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:13pm

**side note** LOVE soem barrett Foa!

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#17re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 4:19pm

Barrett is VERY good... I think he'll do just fine if he takes over for John or even just for the 3 months if that's true about the org going to Vegas...

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#18re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 4:53pm

Has anyone ever seen Jen go on for Steph?

You'll have a chance to when Steph goes on vacation; Jen is filling in. I've heard that Jen is AMAZING during the times she's filled in for Steph.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#19re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:04pm

I'll probably be seeing Aymee Garcia as Kate/Lucy for the Sept.11 mat. Don't worry, I'll post! re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#20re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:05pm

"Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?"

Courtney Love will be playing every role according to www.playbill.com

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#21re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 5:53pm

Ann was amazing as Christmas Eve !!! Knockout voice !

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#22re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 6:03pm

I saw Aymee Garcia go on for Steph D. a few weeks ago as Kate/Lucy. Um...honestly? I wasn't too impressed. I mean, she filled the spot, but not much else. Barrett was on with her as Princeton/Rod and I felt that A.)She didn't give him much to work off of and B.)She made him shine even more...made Kate seem like a secondary character when in fact, during my previous 2 visits to the show, it was withought a doubt a (friendly) fight to the finish between JohnnyTags and Steph as to who was the star. :O)

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#23re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 6:19pm

All I have to say is...

Vegas Road Trip!

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#24re: Who will replace the original Avenue Q. stars?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 6:29pm

I'll go! When we going? LOL Ya just gotta pick me up in Indiana! LOL

Videos