News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt

Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#0Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 3:38pm

The airlines have gotten completely out of control.
Article in Daily News Updated On: 11/23/04 at 03:38 PM

#1re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:19pm

So what?... She was topless in the Movie Summer of Sam!!!!!!!!!

No, really, that is terrible.

Gothampc
#2re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:24pm

Was Ms. LuPone cooperating or did she try to pull a diva stunt like Diana Ross did at Heathrow a few years ago?

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:35pm

It doesn't matter, Goth. No woman should have to remove her shirt in public on order. It's just bull**it.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:38pm

But Borstal, she's a CELEBRITY. They're exempt from pretty much everything else, why not having to strip in public?

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#5re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:49pm

true shes a celebrity but I dont think she should be commanded to take off her shirt if she doesnt feel comfotable doing it, but i didnt finsih the article, did she in the end do it? nvm i should probably read it all lol
but i agree with Borst celebrity or not shes still a woman with dignity and self-respect

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#6re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:50pm

And lets keep in mind Miss Lupone is not a recognizable celebrity, not a household name/face. This could happen to you, ladies..

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Gothampc
#7re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 4:58pm

We're living in different times. It would be great if people didn't get onboard airplanes carrying weapons, but we just can't count on that anymore. It doesn't matter if LuPone is a household name or not. If she starts resisting when she is asked to do something, then of course they are going to make it more difficult because it has raised their suspicions.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#8re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:00pm

At Fort Lauderdale airport on Nov. 5, LuPone says she removed her shirt after vehemently protesting, revealing the thin, see-through camisole that she was wearing. Next, she was given a pat-down by a screener who, she said, "was all over me with her hands," including her groin area and breasts.

Oh my god, they groped poor Patti's groin and breasts! How humiliating for a diva.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

Gothampc
#9re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:10pm

I saw Summer of Sam. Patti ain't got that much to "pat".

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#10re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:15pm

obviously the security guard who "was all over me with her hands" was a broadway fan who's been spending her nights dreaming of just such an occasion ever since patti snubbed her outside the door of the broadway theatre in '79 refusing to sign her evita playbill. right now she's downing beers at pandora's box on i-95 and regaling regulars with the story of how she got her revenge on ms. patti "not too busy to sign my playbill now are ya" lupone.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 11/23/04 at 05:15 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#11re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:16pm

ok well even if she doesnt have "much to pat" as you say because Ive never seen the movie therefore wouldnt know, its still incredibly humiliating for that to happen to her! to anyone

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#12re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:30pm

so I take it Goth, that you'll be okay when they start to do anal cavity searches and will willingly submit?

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#13re: Patti LuPone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:32pm

beaver,

I think that's the right approach. Next time I get on a plane (relatively soon, actually) I'll make sure I have on good undies and if they as for the trou drop, I'll do it without a second of hesitation.

Ya either got it, or ya ain't.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

papalovesmambo
#14re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:41pm

duh, beav, india's got a broom. hell-ooo, like she'd have to fly on a plane.

*shaking head and pointing derisively towards beav*

sheesh.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#15re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:53pm

It can never be Jane Krakowski or Sara Gettelfinger can it?

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#16re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:56pm

Oh, come on Sum, you know LuPone gets you hot...

Sumofallthings
#17re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:57pm

And Mandy Patinkin makes me...nevermind

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#18re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:57pm

Is it bad that I just imagined Patti baking this person up in a meat pie? re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

papalovesmambo
#19re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 5:59pm

well, sum, the story is that when those two saw the 6'-5" 235lb sculpted adonis who was checking in the other security lane they requested a joint multi cavity check and were not heard from again for hours.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Sumofallthings
#20re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 6:01pm

Isn't Sara Getellfinger like 7'2"?

papalovesmambo
#21re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/23/04 at 6:09pm

nah, 5'-10" maybe. ok, maybe 6'-0".

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Updated On: 11/23/04 at 06:09 PM

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#22re: patti lupone asked to remove shirt
Posted: 11/24/04 at 11:28am

WOW! I'm sure she was VERY upset by this... I can't even think of what was going on through her mind when they asked her to remove her shirt! We just saw in Cincinnati, OH a couple of weeks ago. CRAZY! I'm more than sure my wife and mother both would have had big problems doing that...

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#23re: the Torment of the Patti
Posted: 11/24/04 at 11:56am

How soon before Patti offers her groped camisole on Ebay?

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

AbsolutKnight Profile Photo
AbsolutKnight
#24re: the Torment of the Patti
Posted: 11/24/04 at 12:45pm

I know I wouldn't want my package played with in public... unless of course the guy bought me a drink first.

Videos