News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Kristen Saves "West Wing"

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#0Kristen Saves "West Wing"
Posted: 12/2/04 at 3:54pm

For all you blue state folks..here's proof what living a good, clean life can do.

"West Wing" won it's time period last night.

Those pagans Nick and Jessica came in second.

Kristen can do no wrong. She is almighty. Maybe they should have put her on LAX.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#1re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 3:56pm

*waiting for the stampede of "it's KRISTIN!! not KRISTEN!!!!s*

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

broadwayguy2
#2re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 3:57pm

on the bright side, Kristin would be MUCH easier to squeeze under a desk in the oval office.

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#3re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:00pm

if my memory serves, she was not in last night's episode....granted, I missed about 5 minutes.....

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
Updated On: 12/2/04 at 04:00 PM

grownupgroupie Profile Photo
grownupgroupie
#4re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:01pm

Actually I was going to stampede in with "it's ITS not it's time period."

*sigh*

its = pron. posessive
it's = it is

And anyway, The West Wing has been doing significantly better since the EXCELLENT season premiere renewed its mojo....Kristin may or may not be a part of it.

An odd comparison, though: Both Kristin and Jessica are "clean-living" Republican Christians with ditzy blond personae and big....voices.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#5re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:07pm

KMF_NYC you are correct she was NOT in last night's episode.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

capnkidd
#6re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:10pm

I do love the way they have so clearly based her westwing character on galanda-almost makes me believe we're back in(musical theatre majoring)Aaron Sorkins west wing.
*sigh*

grownupgroupie
#7re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:14pm

Well it certainly honors his legacy.....remember that fabulous Gilbert and Sullivan stuff with the Ainsley Hayes character?

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#8re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:15pm

Thanks for the confirmation Pap -- I knew I had a glass of wine with dinner (OK -- maybe three), but I was pretty certain I did not hear her voice cut into the marrow of my bones...but hey -- thank god for Kristin....she saved Broadway and now has saved West Wing...

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie
Updated On: 12/2/04 at 04:15 PM

LilElphaba
#9re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:15pm

Kristin is really short! LOL its so cute!

XoXo
Lil Elphie

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

Loge Profile Photo
Loge
#10re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:21pm

Lil' Elphie, I like your name!

"What the hell happened to you? You look like a Make-A-Wish Kid. You know, I just knew you were gonna bring shame on this new family of ours, and it just figures you had to go make yourself over into some heroin-shootin skate board chic on the only day E! could interview you!" - Cherry Cherry, on her daughter Mary Cherry

capnkidd
#11re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:42pm

sure do,grownupgroupie-think the episode was even named for a Gilbert & Sullivan quote.I also remember the faux RSC shakespeare production War Of The Roses,exteriors shot in shubert alley &@ the Booth theatre in Posse Comitatus.Sorkin worked in a broadway reference anywhere he could-did the same in his short-lived series Sports Night,too.

grownupgroupie
#12re: Kristen Saves 'West Wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 4:48pm

I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED SportsNight....I still have tapes of it kicking around. They killed it on Comedy Central when they added a laughtrack.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#13re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:35pm

tutttle, last night was probab ly the best ww i've seen in 2 years. easily the best episode since since aaron left. which means it was still a step down, but it's better than the dreck they've filled the show with since. it's still painfully obvious nowadays and they've killed cj, she has no liveliness and says things that are so painfully obvious and forced. they shoulda blown her up with fitz and brought in someone new to take over for leo.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

JBGolightly Profile Photo
JBGolightly
#14re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:40pm

I realize that Kristin was raised in a strict Christian family but is she really an active Republican?

That saddens me somewhat.

If I could find a real life place like Tiffany's then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name! - Holly Golightly

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#15re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:40pm

It goes to show you what can happen if you live a good, moral life. Krysten is a perfect example of what it's like.

Now if we could only get Eden on "The North Shore".

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

grownupgroupie
#16re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:43pm

Because only Republicans lead good, moral lives, right Tuttle? re: kristen saves 'west wing'

Jess1483
#17re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:44pm

I was just entertained reading this since Kristin wasn't in last night's episode. The better writing and a return to the less "ER-ish" episodes have saved the show, not Kristin (although it's not as good as when Sorkin was there.) But either way, I doubt the recent climb in ratings has too much to do with Kristin.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#18re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:46pm

Um - Kristin wasn't ON last night. She was on the week before but not last night so sorry to burst your bubble. I like her in this role too but I can't give her credit for winning the time slot when she wasn't even there.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#19re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:54pm

i think they mean just in general SamIAm
could be..i dont know

and just for the hell of it
its kritin not kristen
jk
but it is

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

grownupgroupie
#20re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 5:55pm

kritin? Really?

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#21re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 6:00pm

yep, but she prefers a**munch.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

grownupgroupie
#22re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 6:01pm

I thought only Sorkin was allowed to call her that. In a moral, godly way, that is.

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#23re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 6:07pm

The point is that people EXPECTED Kristin to be on, so they watched it!

Her aura permeates every episode, raising it to the level of heavenly bliss that befits our Ms. Chenoweth...

pab Profile Photo
pab
#24re: kristen saves 'west wing'
Posted: 12/2/04 at 6:16pm

Oh please.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

Videos