Help me pick two shows?

Pinkgurl3166
#0Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:07pm

Well I was so excited because my parents gave me tickets to go to New York over spring break where they are letting me see 4 broadway shows. I was just SO HAPPY! I know I really want to see WICKED and AVENUE Q but im not sure about the other 2. Any suggestions? I saw the touring cast of RENT and loved it but I have heard people saying that the touring cast was better than the cast in New York so im not sure if I want to see it again. Thanks!

~Lindsay

Plum
#1re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:09pm

Spamalot is looking great. I would really recommend trying a play, too.

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#2re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:09pm

Hmm...i think Ave. Q and Wicked are the best, but i would say...Hairspray and The Producers.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:12pm

Hairspray and Forbidden Broadway.
See Forbidden Broadway last. You will enjoy it more.
The best always comes last.
re: Help me pick two shows? Updated On: 12/25/04 at 02:12 PM

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#4re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:13pm

Don't forget new shows. Sweet Charity starring Christina Applegate (I'm so excited for that one!)
And Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Plum
#5re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:17pm

Sweet Charity's not new. Unless by new you mean put on this season, whether or not it's a revival. *shrug*

If Applegate is good, that might be worth seeing.

Pinkgurl3166
#6re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:23pm

Thank you all for your help! This is so hard for me I wish I could just see them all. See I love in florida so I have never seen a musical in NYC. I think I am seeing Hairspray off broadway in feb. though so that is exciting! I think I want to see Sweet Charity and The Producers. Maybe I can beg my mom and dad for one more show so I can see Forbidden Broadway! I can't wait until spring break!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:26pm

The Producers is a great choice. Look for codes for all and maybe you will be able to afford Forbidden Broadway. But since you have never seen a Broadway show, wait and see FB last.
You will get more out of it.
Have a great trip.
re: Help me pick two shows?

LilElphaba
#8re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:29pm

Hairspray and um......WICKED again! (just kidding)

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

BSoBW2
#9re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 2:30pm

i agree, actually, with Corine - get discount codes (there are codes for all those shows excepts AQ and Wicked)...

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#10re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 3:00pm

Fb is always at TKTS, and there it's only 30 bucks.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

maybethistime
#11re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 3:49pm

if you like forbidden broadway, you would probably like MUSICAL OF MUSICALS, THE MUSICALS... its not as funny if youre not really familiar with musicals and composers, but if you are its hilarious! (is it still open, by the way?)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 3:54pm

Maybe-
The Musical The Musical is very funny. I loved it. It is not playing anymore but i heard they are bringing it back.
It is not as good as FB. But it is worth seeing.
She would be better off seeing FB.
I did enjoy it though. Updated On: 12/25/04 at 03:54 PM

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#13re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 4:22pm

I love Avenue Q and Wicked, and completely adored Little Women so I would definitely suggest checking that one out. re: Help me pick two shows?

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

Hank
#14re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 4:56pm

If you get a chance to go downtown, Blue Man Group is a lot of fun.
The Producers and Little Women are also good choices on Broadway.
I can't wait to see Spamalot (just bought my tickets a few minutes ago), this seems like the runaway hit of this season.
I also recommend Forbidden Broadway, especially after having seen Wicked and Avenue Q.
Merry Christmas, and enjoy your trip!

Eileen2 Profile Photo
Eileen2
#15re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 4:57pm

Personally, I'd go with any of the suggested shows before Forbidden Broadway. I saw it a few months ago and nearly walked out early. Some people love it, and others I've spoken to also feel it was dreadful.

Have fun on your trip!
Eileen

MissEmilyArden
#16re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 5:03pm

Little Women, Sutton is the most amazing performer!

mizzie Profile Photo
mizzie
#17re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 7:13pm

Hairspray is just too good to miss! Forbiddon Broadway sounds good.

LittleBitRacist Profile Photo
LittleBitRacist
#18re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 7:25pm

Forbidden Broadway is the funniest thing ever...if you know your shows. If you dont know about a lot of the shows/performers/directors that are either legendary or currently on broadway it isnt as funny...if you know your Merman, Julie Andrews, Mary Martin, Harvey Fierstein, Wicked, Avenue Q, Phantom, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast it will be much more enjoyable. It is fun either way though.

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#19re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/25/04 at 7:29pm

hairspray and bklyn

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/26/04 at 1:48am

If you are interested in discounted tickets, I highly recommend http://www.broadwaybox.com - keep checking periodically and sign up to receive codes to shows you are interested in.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

saddle shoe side kick
#21re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/26/04 at 10:46am

All Shook Up and Beauty and the Beast (Brooke leaves in May. You must see her.). Both are great shows :)

"I'm a pretty girl, mama." -Penny Lou Pingleton, Hairspray
"You like football, Ed?" "Yeah..." "Good. Me too." -Chad & 'Ed', All Shook Up

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#22re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/26/04 at 10:48am

Little Women and Forbidden Broadway.

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#23re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/26/04 at 12:04pm

BRKLYN! It is the best show ever. Being in NYC and missing BRKLYN would be a sin!

OMG I can't believe you even had to ask!!!!!!!!!!

And WIcked cause Idina rocks.

hak Profile Photo
hak
#24re: Help me pick two shows?
Posted: 12/26/04 at 3:41pm

by spring break BROOKLYN will have closed and Idina will be long gone from WICKED

go see LA CAGE AUX FOLLES it's absolutely fabulous!

and SPAMALOT shows promise. Updated On: 12/26/04 at 03:41 PM

Videos