News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

sutton foster did wicked?

apdarcey
#0sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:10pm

i was on the little women website and her bio says that she was did the wicked workshops... are we to assume she read elphaba? i can only imagine how great she could have been... can anyone else confirm this? sorry if this has been said, i searched and couldn't find it...
sutton did wicked

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#1re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:11pm

I highly doubt she played Elphaba, as I think she would be pretty awful. I'll bet anything she played Nessa Rose or was in the ensemble. Wicked was being developed before she was a big star, so it's quite possible that she was in the ensemble.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Elphiesbiggestfan Profile Photo
Elphiesbiggestfan
#2re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:12pm

I heard that to.I think she may have but she did Little Women instead.An plus Idina kinda beat her to the part

Tell them how I am Defying Gravity!I'm flying high Defying Gravity!And soon I'll match them in renown!And nobody in all of OZ,No wizard that there is or was,Is ever gonna bring me down!!! -Elphaba What?! What are you looking at? Oh, do I have something in my teeth? Okay, let's get this over with. No, I'm not seasick, yes, I've always been green, no, I didn't chew grass as a child.-Elphaba Defying Gravity for the last time 1:09:05 --not the same with out you!--

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#3re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:14pm

Did we all know that Idina wasn't originally offered the part?

This is what I heard...
They were looking at people like Daphne Rubin Vega, and Idina went in to a general and sang Defying Gravity for them. She finished, they were stunned, and then she said, "Could we take that up a few steps." Then she was cast. At least that's what I heard. It sure sounds really amazing!

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#4re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:17pm

Because fiction generally is.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#5re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:18pm

I've always wanted to be behind the scenes to witness the process like that. The casting, the molding of the characters, watch it come together. Hmm I could possibly see Sutton as Necarose (Sp?) but even that she has too much zest for. I can't imagine her singing "Defying Gravity" but that's only because Idina has shaped it into her own. Maybe they were originally looking for something different.

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

apdarcey
#6re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:19pm

bjivie's story is completely innacurate... from stephen schwartz himself...

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#7re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:21pm

No kidding, really? You actually needed confirmation for that? re: sutton foster did wicked?

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#8re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:22pm

Sutton was in the Ensemble of the Wicked workshops.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#9re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:22pm

What's the actual story?

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#10re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:23pm

Actully I can see Sutton as an Elphaba. And like said before, Sutton was not a star in Millie when Wicked fist developed therefore she could not have turned down the offer for Little Women, that comes much later.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#11re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:31pm

"I think she may have but she did Little Women instead.An plus Idina kinda beat her to the part"

No...as BalletGirl said, she was only an ensemble part and it was long before LIttle Women was even in the picture. I believe it may have even been before her Tony win...Wicked WAS in the works for a while you know.

Peppermint Patty
#12re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:52pm

Sutton was ensemble. She wanted to do it so she did ensemble.

"It's a privelege to pee"-Urinetown

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#13re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:55pm

She was in the ensemble, as others have said.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

PJ
#14re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:57pm

Nevermind. Her message board moderator was wrong. Updated On: 12/30/04 at 04:57 PM

BroadwayGirl107
#15re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:00pm

lol...well he was WRONG.
Updated On: 12/30/04 at 05:00 PM

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#16re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:00pm

PJ- I think she was in Wicked before Millie. Not sure though.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

BalletGirl85
#17re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:01pm

The workshop of Wicked that she did was well before she won her Tony, and she was not Elphaba or Nessarose. She was in the Ensemble.

BroadwayGirl107
#18re: sutton foster did wicked?

She was, ElphieDefiesGravity. Updated On: 12/30/04 at 05:01 PM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#19re: sutton foster did wicked?

I believe Sutton was workshopping Wicked in the ensemble and left to work in Thoroughly Modern Millie, where she then rose from the ensemble to leading lady and won her Tony.

BalletGirl85
#20re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:02pm

I thought she was the Wizard in Wicked in San Francisco? And then they fired her because she had a Tony and they cast Joel Grey instead.

BroadwayGirl107
#21re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:04pm

That too, BalletGirl...I can't believe I forgot that.

actress_06 Profile Photo
actress_06
#22re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:04pm

In an interview she said that she only wanted to be in the ensamble, because the two women playing the lead parts were so very talented

"Better...Better than What?" -Jo March (Little Women the Musical) "NYC...Up there (In Lights) I'll be." -Star to be (Annie)

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#23re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:05pm

Yeah, you see, I heard she was Fiyero.

I must have heard wrong... Updated On: 12/30/04 at 05:05 PM

BroadwayGirl107
#24re: sutton foster did wicked?
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:05pm

Shhh...LittleFish, don't let that scandal out too.

Videos