Karaoke

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#0Karaoke
Posted: 1/20/05 at 7:31pm

Does anyone have any karaoke cds or songs from musicals? If so, which ones?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Derek
#1re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/20/05 at 7:32pm

wicked
the wiz
little shop of horrors
guys and dolls

queenie2
#2re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:11pm

I also have a lot of karaoke tracks:

Rent
Elisabeth
Mozart
Tanz der Vampire(dance of the vampires)
Aida
Chicago
Cabaret
Jekyll and Hyde
Notre Dame de Paris

AnothaPartofMe
#3re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/23/05 at 11:33pm

Does anyone have AVENUE Q? How is it, and is it worth buying?

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#4re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/23/05 at 11:40pm

avenue q is the only one I know and matches the music perfectly! Worth every cent!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#5re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/23/05 at 11:42pm

Wicked
Man of La Mancha
Pippin
Godspell
Chicago
Still Hurting from L5Y
debbie Does Dallas
Rent
Chess
JCS
Fantasticks

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

WickedRose Profile Photo
WickedRose
#6re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/24/05 at 12:34am

I've got the WICKED 2 disk set. I love it!!

"Why can't you just teach us history, instead of always harping on the past"~ Galinda "Who takes shoes from a dead person?!" ~ Elphaba "And what have you been doing-other than riding around on that filthy old thing?"~Glinda "Well, we can't all come and go by bubble."~Elphaba

KristiAnn85 Profile Photo
KristiAnn85
#7re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/24/05 at 12:51am

Where would one get Musical Karaoke cds?
Totally intrigued, now...

timote316
#8re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/24/05 at 1:15am

Colony music has them. However, be prepared to open your wallet very wide...

AnothaPartofMe
#9re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/24/05 at 10:09am

For real- I haven't found a single Broadway karaoke disc under $25...

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

queenie2
#10re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/25/05 at 6:24am

is there a karaoke from the wild party (lippa)?

DivaMommy
#11re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/25/05 at 6:56am

For some bargain Karaoke - not complete shows, but lots of darn good songs, go to Wal-mart.com - downloads are $.88 ea. Most of the tracks are great and they let you listen to 30 second snippets for free! They have Wicked now - it's not as good as Pocket Songs Wicked, and there are only 7 songs, but you can't beat $.88 a song. It takes a while to search through everything, but if you put broadway karaoke under album in the search, it pulls up a lot. Some gems I've found there include Newsies, Rythm of the Pridelands (lion king), Hairspray, Secret Garden and Wicked.

www.pocketsongs.com has a lot of Broadway Karaoke - and mostly it's good. The only two I've gotten that were simply terrible were Joseph. . . dreamcoat because of the horrendous back up vocals, and Cinderella - sounds like it was made on a Casio, but great for rehearsing because it has all of the music. Their newer stuff is wonderful! I love Mamma Mia and Wicked. You can also have a custom cd made for $5.00 a song plus s&h - that's nice if you are just looking for specific songs.

I also just posted below that I found a new website - www.musicalcreations.com that has 4 different karaoke makers (including pocket songs which has the most of everything) with lots of broadway stuff. Their best feature is that they have the songs available for mp3 download. It costs $8.00 a song - that's pretty steep, but if you just need one song, it's better than paying $25-$30 for an album of stuff you don't need and it's instant. They also will change keys and such for more fees.

Hope that helps and happy singing!!

...and your children start to leave you from the moment they are born.

jo
#12re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/25/05 at 7:08am

I got the karaoke CD for THE BOY FROM OZ from Amazon.com - you may want to check them out for others.

brandonm
#13re: Karaoke
Posted: 1/25/05 at 9:37am

Wicked 2 Disc
Wicked Pocket Songs
Annie
Jekyll and Hyde
You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Grease

"Let the little girl go, and that poor little dog? Dodo." That's my favorite line in the whole show (Wicked). My next favorite line is "Oh! It seems the artichoke is steamed."

Videos