does anyone know diana kaarina?

elphieisperky
#0does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:20pm

She was in Les Miz, the final Eponine. She's been Meg in Phantom, Miss Dorothy in Millie, and now she's some dancer in Rent. Kind of dropped on the popularity scale. Does anyone know of her? She's actually one of my fave actresses. Amazing voice.

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#1re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:21pm

I know of her. Love her voice. She's really good.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#2re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:23pm

She was fabulous in the Les Miz tour, but that's all I've seen her in. Except after next month, when I'll have seen her in Rent, because I BOUGHT TICKETS TODAY!!!

Sorry....wow....I'm excited...

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#3re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:24pm

I know of her; I saw her in Millie. Her voice is beautiful! =)

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#4re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:26pm

I wasn't fortunate to see her in the tour of Les Miz. I saw Jessica-Snow Wilson who was good, but still. I heard from others she was great as Eponine.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

LilMissBway14
#5re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:46pm

Yeah I know her. She's one of my closest friends. She's a swing in Rent and is understudying all the female roles in the show except Joanne. They were really desperate for a swing, even Diana thinks she's wrong for this show!

elphieisperky
#6re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:48pm

Awesome! Yeah, the show doesn't seem to be perfect for her. She should have gotten a bigger part. Updated On: 2/27/05 at 07:48 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#7re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:51pm

She was a FABULOUS Eponine.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#8re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:54pm

I've met her a few times at RENT. She's incredibly sweet, and a GREAT Mark's Mom.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Johnnytoc
#9re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 7:57pm

I saw her in Les Mis, she was phenomenal.

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#10re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/27/05 at 11:49pm

She's not "some dancer." She's a swing and understudying Mimi and Maureen -- a pretty heavy load.

I saw her in Les Miz about 3 million times, on tour between 2000 and whenever it was she left. She was good, but I never understood all the adulations and fangirls she got later on. Updated On: 2/27/05 at 11:49 PM

sipos
#11re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 12:06am

No, but I saw her in the EVITA tour in Chicago circa 1999. She was my favorite thing about it. She was the Mistress. "Another Suitcase ..."

Actually loathed the production even though Raul Espoarza was Che.

But she stood out. And I like her rendition of On My Own very much (but not a Miz fan here since French class in 1991).

:)

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#12re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:04am

What? In 1999 she was in Les Miz.

The mistress in that tour was Ana Maria Andricain.

sipos
#13re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:12am

My bad. I'm a dummyhead.
Checked my sources, and I saw Angela Covington as the Mistress. Sorry for the mistake.

Have heard Diana in Les Miz, and she's great.

mirandajrs Profile Photo
mirandajrs
#14re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:39am

I saw her in the Millie tour, she was really good.

Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale: Do you think my costume looked all right for Brooks? I think he was a little amazed.

Danny Profile Photo
Danny
#15re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 1:49am

I love me some Diana! Shes so talented! Although I have No idea why she's in RENT! But get it girl! BTW...it was Angela not Diana in the Evita tour....and ANGELA should be in RENT...not Diana! Then again, i'm a major Angela fan since she was my old roomate!

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#16re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 3:41am

Eponine to Miss Dorothy? That's a pretty awesome voice, dare I say.

I saw her as Miss Dorothy, and thought she was very fun and vibrant, though she seemed to play the role with too much naivete for my taste. I personally preferred Angela Christian, but just my opinion.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#17re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:04am

I actually saw her as mark's mom this past thursday, b/c Caren went on as "maureen" for kelly...diana had alot of energy that night and i was very impressed, and would love to see her go on as mimi or maureen sometime!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Updated On: 2/28/05 at 06:04 AM

sipos
#18re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 12:20pm

That's what I saw her in last, MILLIE. Very cute.

How did I mix up a girl in MILLIE with a girl in EVITA?
Typing before thinking as always. Sorrys again.

ponine24601
#19re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 2:53pm

Diana is on my top 3 actress list. She's AMAZING!!! I saw her 6 times as Eponine and then twice as Miss Dorothy. She is such a versatile actress, and never fails to impress the audience. Not to mention, she's a TOTAL sweetheart. I'm so excited that she is in RENT.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

BwayTheatre11
#20re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 3:36pm

I LOVE DIANA!

She is an amazing performer. I would love to see her in RENT just because it is such a different role for her.

CCM '10!
Updated On: 2/28/05 at 03:36 PM

LilMissBway14
#21re: does anyone know diana kaarina?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 9:21pm

I'm glad to hear she's doing well in Rent! I haven't gotten around to seeing her in the show yet even though I was just in the city- not enough time... or energy for that matter. She really was a great Eponine. There's just something about her stage presence and her voice that draw me in. She's just GREAT. And yes, probably one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever known.