"Producers" lately?

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#0"Producers" lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:25pm

Has anybody seen The Producers lately? I have tickets to go with a few people from my theatre group at college and was wondering how the show's been. Thanks!

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:29pm

It sucked yesterday,it sucks now and it will suck tomorrow. IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#2re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:36pm

how helpful... Updated On: 2/28/05 at 06:36 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:37pm

Bravo, muscle. That's exactly how I would have put it.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#4re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 6:58pm

With the new cast? I thought it was good...hell it's the producers, and it rocks!

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#5re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 7:05pm

i saw it this december with Mr. Kind and Mr. Foster and let me tell you it was a breathe of fresh are (maybe it was because i had seen Brooklyn the night before) it dragged at some parts but the cast was top notch and i loved every single bit of it. though its def. a love it-hate it type of show.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#6re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 8:21pm

i'm seeing it at the end of april with my chorus and orchestra....i hope it will be good

ghostlight2
#7re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 2/28/05 at 8:38pm

Richard Kind & Alan Ruck have a wonderful chemistry together. It may not have the fire & freshness of the original cast, but is still a very entertaining show. You'll have a blast.

jim coleman
#8re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:03am

I love THE PRODUCERS. It is in the old-fashioned style of musicals. It isn't high tech, it is just good fun. I love the score, and the orchestrations are great. If you don't like Mel Brooks you might not like it, but I personally think he is one of the funniest people around. I am not a WICKED or a RENT fan, so this show was a breath of fresh air to me.

BatonMan

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#9re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:06am

I saw it last Thursday, and I thought it was pretty good. But I didn't really have anything to compare it too, that was my first time seeing it. But Richard Kind wasn't there, so I didn't see them chemistry of him and Alan. It was funny, but I didn't get super excited about it.

HROK?

#10re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:09am

I saw two performances with Kind and Foster, but missed Ruck (couting the days until may when I can see it again) when I saw it, Kind was still very much feeling out the role but he has great comic timing as Max and though his voice isn't the stongest he still pulls off'Betrayed' in style.

As an aside does anyone know what the adorable Hunter Foster is doing now/ in the near future?

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#11re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 3/1/05 at 12:11pm

i'm pretty sure Hunter is doing The Producers tour

bwayfan1225
#12re: 'Producers' lately?
Posted: 3/1/05 at 12:40pm

No, he's finished with the tour. He's doing Mister Roberts at the Kennedy Center, which starts on the 12th.

Videos