Yay!!!

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#0Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 7:52pm

Sorry lol I'm just excited because after 8 weeks of waiting I got my signed picture from Eden!

Just wondering who have you written to on Broadway,(or once on broadway) Did you recieve anything? If so what? Just wondering

*Kristen*

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#1re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:17pm

idina- personalized signed pic.

suchclumsytime
#2re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:50pm

Michael Gruber--signed picture, playbills from Swing! :0)
Gavin Creel--sent me a really nice postcard answering a few questions I had for him as well as a signed pic. It made me so incredibley happy to get that *personal* response! Ah, so talented and so fabulous!

This reminded me that I haven't written to anyone in a while with just such a request...hm, might have to start that up again.

But if you kiss me,
If we touch,
Warning's fair:
I don't care
Very much

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#3re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:52pm

Well I e-mailed Jonathan Rayson after seeing him in Little Shop and he responded.

BEKA531
#4re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 8:54pm

i sent idina a NOVEL and a playbill, she personalized it to me after 12 weeks. i was a mess after it came. so majorly excited.

Jojo2465
#5re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:05pm

I only decided to try the letter thing once, after I saw Wicked. Turned out to be a good idea, I got personalized pics from JLT, Idina, Michelle, and Joey M. The only person I sent to who didn't send me one pack was Carole Shelly.

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#6re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:15pm

I wrote to Stephanie D'Abruzzo last summer and she sent back a note, a signed photo, and a signed Playbill -- I mentioned that I lived in CA, so she signed saying since I couldn't come see the show, she was sending a piece of the show to me.

She's so very sweet! =)

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#7re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:15pm

Christopher Fitzgerald and Shoshana Bean sent me autographed photos, with a note on the back

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."
Updated On: 3/1/05 at 09:15 PM

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#8re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:18pm

I have gotten signed pics from Michelle Federer (with a note on the back), Idina, and Sutton. I wrote to Kristin, but it was way after she left Wicked, and I sent it to her agent, so I have no idea if she even got it!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#9re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:21pm

ElphieDefiesGravity- it takes a while for Kristin to respond, Ive heard, but chances are an autograph will come to you!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#10re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:34pm

Thanks SallyBrown! You have given me hope! re: Yay!!!
I think I sent it in October, which is a REALLY long time ago, but I know Kristin is SUPER busy right now, so I am not really expecting a response any time soon.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

TheatergirltheII Profile Photo
TheatergirltheII
#11re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 9:37pm

I sent something To Michael Crawford, he sent back a note and an authentically signed Photograph. It made me very happy. *dances*

hmm... I dunno what to put! How about a random musical quote? oka a random quote... Elphaba: "What?! What are you looking at? Oh, do I have something in my teeth? Okay, let's get this over with. No, I'm not seasick, yes, I've always been green, no, I didn't chew grass as a child.".... YAY!

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#12re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/1/05 at 10:28pm

I'm sending a letter to Sutton tomorrow; though I'll hopefully get to meet her after LW when I see it. I just hope that she doesn't have the understudy go on. It's funny; so many people pay to see the talent and then the night they go are disappointed to see the understudy on. Chita Rivera said something to the effect that performers these days don't have the discipline of times past and that 8 shows a week has become something like a huge demand for a star. Chita doesn't miss unless she's truly ill and can't get to the show...I don't know punctual Sutton is, but I hope she's around for the Wed. night performance in two weeks!

www.christopherviolett.com

QHDramaQueen
#13re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/2/05 at 2:10am

I sent a letter to George Hearn, big fan of his for a long time now...

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#14re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/2/05 at 6:35pm

Really cool!
How long did you all have to wait to get a responce back?

*Kristen*

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#15re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/2/05 at 8:12pm

Do you have to include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope)?? Or will they just send autographed photos to you without them?

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#16re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/2/05 at 8:20pm

Sutton's pretty punctual. She doesn't have an AMAZING record, but she's there a lot.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#17re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/2/05 at 8:46pm

If you send a SASE, its a better chance that they will respond.. I sent a letter for JLT, Sutton,Eden, and Shoshana

Only Sutton and Shoshana responded, I got a signed picture of them both. But I only included a SASE with Sutton.. and I still have the peice of paper that Shostana wrote my name on!!!

I'm still waiting for JLT and Eden, but slowly giving up hope!

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#18re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 3:22pm

dont give up hope! lol If Eden wrote to me she will write to you too! :)

Does anyone know how long it takes for Shoshana, JLT, and Sutton to responce? I heard from one person that they just got back a signed pic of Shoshana, and it only took a week and a half!

*Kristen*

hannahshule Profile Photo
hannahshule
#19re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 3:32pm

I wrote to Bernadette once, and she sent me back a signed headshot, (personalized!) and Rachel York sent me a signed playbill from Kiss Me Kate and a signed photo and a short letter on another slip of paper. She's so sweet! Yay!

~And let us try, before we die, to make some sense of life~
Updated On: 3/6/05 at 03:32 PM

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#20re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 3:36pm

I wrote a letter to Kerry O'Malley when she was in Into the Woods and she sent me a signed and personalized headshot, a long notecard letter, and a full cast signed playbill! I LOOOOVE HER :)

I sent Shoshana a letter a week ago and am dying to hear back.. she is the best! How long did it take for her to write back?

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#21re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 4:10pm

Hmmm I've never actually written to anyone for autographs becuase I figured that they would never be read and so it would probably be a waste of time and postage but hearing all this makes me reconsider that....

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

#22re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 4:15pm

I wrote to Kristin Chenoweth and I got a personalized picture and all... I felt so cool... I also sent a welcome letter campaign from Glitter to JLT and Joey and got a playbill back signed by both.

maybethistime
#23re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 4:56pm

I send playbills to the dressing rooms of both Bernadette Peters and Hunter Foster/Kerry Butler, and one to the agent of Patti LuPone and got them all back signed and it took only a week or two.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#24re: Yay!!!
Posted: 3/6/05 at 5:34pm

I wrote to Barrett Foa about 5 days ago..I doubt anything response'll come back soon, but has anyone gotten any response from him?

I wrote to Gary Beach and got an autographed w/ a little note playbill back :)..in less than 2 weeks too!

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

Videos