News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY

Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY

Joshua488
#0Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:00pm

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=508270

What is with the seemingly recent influx of injuries onstage?? Updated On: 3/12/05 at 05:00 PM

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#1re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:02pm

My God, there should be a Broadway doctor in every theatre!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:03pm

I hope she's better by April 4th...or even sooner!

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#3re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:04pm

I was going to post this, but was too tired. thanks Josh. Someone post when they know if Christina will be back for Boston, im Tempted to take the Fung Wah bus and see it before it arrives here in NY. Anyone wanna join? re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY

#4re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:04pm

Awww that sucks... Hope she gets better soon!

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#5re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:05pm

Seriously...what's the deal? I guess getting hurt is the popular thing to do nowadays. But Hoorah for Charlotte!

commasplice
#6re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:07pm

I hope she has a speedy and safe recovery so she can knock 'em out when the show hits NY. Best of luck to Charlotte! Updated On: 3/12/05 at 05:07 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#7re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:08pm

Charlotte musta wished pretty hard on that star the other night!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#8re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:31pm

awww that's too bad. I wish her a speedy recovery. this isn't a big deal but the article says: "The star injured her foot at the top of the March 11 performance at the Shubert Theatre according to a production spokesperson" It was the Cadillac palace Theatre hehe that was bothering me.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#9re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 5:57pm

NOOOOOOOOO! I have Boston tickets next Friday night!!! Blahh...she better heal. Although I will say that Charlotte is my favorite Roxie..and I'm sure she'll be fabulous in "Sweet Charity."

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

shira467 Profile Photo
shira467
#10re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:01pm

I hope this trend doesn't continue. I hope she feels better.

Deet: Shira, I Love You!

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#11re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:08pm

poor girl...hopes she gets better soon!

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#12re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 6:26pm

Poor Christina! Is Charlotte D'Amboise her standby on Bway too? I bet she'd make an amazing Charity!

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#13re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:10pm

O no, will she not be better by the Boston leg? Ugh. O well, I'll still see it anyway... ~Steven

MissNY
#14re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 8:34pm

I hope she feels better by April. My tickets are for the 14th

thebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
#15re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:05pm

Who's gonna play Roxie?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#16re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:26pm

Please don't flame me but, does anyone think she really got injured or perhaps this is a ploy due to reviews she has gotten?

commasplice
#17re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:31pm

I think it's a legitimite injury. Christina is working her butt off to prove herself, and I think she's too professional to do something like that. I don't think reviews would stop her, especially since she has two more sets of critics to face and lots of time to improve on what the previous reviewers criticized her on. Getting hurt only takes time away from her.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#18re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 9:37pm

I don't think it would be Christina herself, I think it would be production side due to recent Reidel articles... and i really don't care for him but, what he says is usually true even though it hurts everyone and everything. From what I have seen on TV about Sweet Charity, Christina looks like she is having a great time and working hard.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#19re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:25pm

Poor Christina. I hope she gets better soon. To anyone who has seen the show recently - what was the new opening number? before Big Spender? They didn't bring back "You Should See Yourself", did they? Also does anyone know anything about the brand new song that will be in act 2, which I don't think has been added yet. Is it replacing any song?

chicago_kid Profile Photo
chicago_kid
#20re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:43pm

I happened to be at the show last night when the injury took place. I do not know when Christina was actually hurt. She takes a fall (which I believe is planned) in the scene before "Rich Man's Frug." Some people in the audience thought that she fell on her ankle the wrong way during the fake fall, while others were saying they saw her bump her ankle against a bench onstage in the first number. Toward the end of the "Rich Man's Frug" dance number, the dancers move to the back of the stage and a table holding Christina is supposed to slide out, but when it didn't, you could tell something was wrong, because the band kept playing the same thing over and over. Then the lights came up and an announcer said, "Due to an injury, we are going to take a twenty minute break." Then about a half an hour later the stage manager came on to the stage and explained that Christina hurt her ankle and was unable to walk and that they were taking her to the hospital. Her understudy, Dylis Croman, went on. She had trouble at first--you could tell that she was very nervous. "If My Friends Could See Me Now" vocals were VERY shaky. But as the show went on, she became comfortable and was very good. During the curtain call the whole cast was hugging her and they were all very excited! I hope Christina gets better soon! From what I saw of her, she was very good, and fit the part well.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 10:52pm

Chicagokid, can you tell me what the new opening number is?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#22re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 11:37pm

Aren't they opening the show with "Hey Big Spender" now? *Crossing fingers she'll be back for Boston on Friday*

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

commasplice
#23re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/12/05 at 11:47pm

It was "Big Spender" last weekend. Unless they changed it since then, that should be the opening.

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#24re: Christina Applegate injured in SWEET CHARITY
Posted: 3/13/05 at 12:01am

This understudy situation has the word DRAMA written all over it. Charlotte D'Amboise rocks the house. (because she's amazing...I saw her in Chicago and Contact. Someone has to let us know how she does. Feel better Christina, good luck Charlotte!

Videos