News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Restricted Shows Being Performed

Restricted Shows Being Performed

AnothaPartofMe
#0Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 5:48pm

Does anyone know of "restricted" shows (i.e. THE FULL MONTY, TICK TICK BOOM or URINETOWN) being performed, or are scheduled to be performed (other than a national tour like MONTY...)?

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#1re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 5:56pm

What do you mean by "restricted" shows?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 6:03pm

My HigH sChOOl Is DOinG WiCKed AnD i'M PLaYinG ElPhaBa BuT ThEn EVerY OthER NigHT We SWItch AnD i PlaY GlinDA. TiCKetS arE ONly 50 CeNTs. cOme SeE mE!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#3re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 6:04pm

I'm there, Cats.

sassypanz
#4re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 6:51pm

Beauty and the beast in various cities.

Joshua488
#5re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 6:52pm

LOL, CATSNYrevival!

apdarcey
#6re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 6:53pm

cats, that was very unnecessary. they were not being obnoxious at all.

north shore is producing the full monty

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#7re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 7:11pm

Next year (I live in Illinois) a really good community group called the Lake Zurich Players are doing Full Monty.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#8re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 7:18pm

Wait, I'm confused. Do you mean restricted as in the rights aren't available or restricted as in banned somewhere for one reason or another?

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#9re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:17pm

MTI has many new shows in thier catalogue that are restricted from performance right now. The Producers, Miss Sigon, The Full Monty, Les Miserables, and others. As far as I know until the restrictionis lifted NO ONE will get the rights to perform.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#10re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:25pm

Some school in California is doing TMM.

Ruthie211 Profile Photo
Ruthie211
#11re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:25pm

According to Playbill.com, Jim Corti will be directing The Full Monty to open the new Drury Lane Theatre Water Tower Place in Chicago this spring. I'm excited to see this show again after having seen the first tour in Chicago in 2001. It's very exciting to have this new venue on the Mag Mile as well!

divacathe Profile Photo
divacathe
#12re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:30pm

Just to let you guys know, Beauty and the Best isn't restricted anymore. It's too bad too, b/c now I've heard of 3 theatres in my area doing it...it's kind of overkill. And also, Cats, it is illegal to charge ANY money for a show you don't have rights to. I mean, I know that it's a high school fun show, but it's still illegal, so i wouldn't be announcing it on here(that is, if you're serious). Also, if you can get the books to stuff, anyone can do the shows, jsut as long as you don't charge money. Then it's not illegal!

"Love is stupid and it bleeds, it satisfies my needs, I think it's wonderful..." ~Bill Finn is God!

Joshua488
#13re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:37pm

divacathe, I don't think CATSNYrevival was serious. LOL

And yes, the rights for DISNEY'S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST are now available through MTI, so those productions are probably not illegal... unless they didn't pay for the rights through MTI.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#14re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 9:59pm

Regional rights for Les Miz aren't available until 2008. Until then, it's only the LMSE.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#15re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 11:08pm

MILLIE is playing Northshore. i read somewhere it's even already cast, maybe on Playbill Online.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#16re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 11:09pm

Millie casting:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/91514.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

commasplice
#17re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 11:13pm

Oooh, I love Jim Corti. I hate going into the city, though. Come to one of the other Drury Lanes, damn it!

Jon
#18re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 11:32pm

There is only one other Drury Lane- in OakBrook. The one in Evergreen Park was torn down and there is now a Walmart in its place.

The new Drury Lane Water Tower isn't really "new" - there was a Drury Lane Water Tower in the 1970's and 80's. It was later converted into a cineplex and now is being converted back to a legitimate theatre.

At one point in the late 70's there was also the Drury Lane East, located in McCormick Place, and the "Drury Lane North", which is now known as the Marriott Lincolnshire.

commasplice
#19re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 3/15/05 at 11:35pm

You're right, Jon. Thank you for the correction - for some reason I had it in my mind that there was still another Drury Lane somewhere (I think I've been reading too much without checking dates.).

PJZ Profile Photo
PJZ
#20re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:08pm

Updated On: 9/29/05 at 02:08 PM

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#21re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:19pm

Does it make me a bad person if the thought of some HS or community theatre doing Urinetown makes me physically ill and depressed?

I thought it did...

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#22re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:26pm

I saw on another thread that Full Monty is also being done out at the Timberlake Playhouse in Lake Carroll this summer. They can often get rights to shows other places can't because of their proximity to just-about-nowhere.

Oh, how I loved the old Drury Lane Water Tower Theatre - Bagtime, One Shining Moment, Little Me - and all of that red velvet! Please let the new space be in the round with a revolving stage again!

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

PJZ Profile Photo
PJZ
#23re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:29pm

Updated On: 9/29/05 at 02:29 PM

Jon
#24re: Restricted Shows Being Performed
Posted: 4/7/05 at 2:33pm

The thought of a high school doing Urinetown makes me ill, but there are some community theatres out there that put many professional regional theatres to shame. The Omaha Community Playhouse has better-than-Broadway facilities, a HUGE budget, and pays everyone EXCEPT the actors. People like Marlon Brando and Hnry Fonda got their starts there, and donated tons of money to rebuild after the theatre was severly damaged by a tornado in 1975. I recently saw an ad in one of the trade papers saying they were looking for a resident costumer. The job payed $65,000 a year.

At one time in the 1970's there were three Equity dinner theatres in Omaha, but they just could not compete with The Playhouse. There are no longer any Equity theatres there.

Videos