pixeltracker

Brittany Wants to Get "Wicked"- Page 5

Brittany Wants to Get "Wicked"

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#100re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 2:58pm

Hey bwdyblabby..

sarcasims is when you dont have to TELL some one you're being sarcastic. Guess they'll cover that in 5th period one day.

And you all are wrong and a bunch of haters. It was reported on TV..get it..TV. SO it's happening. It was on E! so guess what...haha..it's happening. Why don't you all get over it and put your Hilary Duff records away and deal.

What a bunch of haters.

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#101re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 3:07pm

Dude...enough. It's not funny anymore, you're just coming off as an ignorant asshole. Actually no, you ARE an ignorant asshole. Get a life.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#102re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 3:08pm

Oh. Snap.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

actress_06 Profile Photo
actress_06
#103re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 3:36pm

This thread made me want to cry when I started reading it. I don't want to imagine a sltty elphie. It just wouldn't work.

"Better...Better than What?" -Jo March (Little Women the Musical) "NYC...Up there (In Lights) I'll be." -Star to be (Annie)

Bwaybaby109
#104re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 4:05pm

Mr. Tuttle.... I wasn't even talking to you! so why do u worry about it? Anyways just because it was on tv or Insider doesn't mean it's offical buddy! They haven't made any contracts, deals etc. Just because televison stated that someone is INTERESTED and wants to play a part in the movie, doesn't make it offical! I don't think this movie will happen for a while, there's nothing on www.imdb.com about it and that website is the ultimate resource of movies. so....yeah please don't be a jerk mr. tuttle and i'll apologize for my first post because yes I was a little strong. I'll respect your opinion if you respect mine and everyone else's. You just made me angry by the way you were treating other people just because they don't agree with your opinion. Let's be nice here, we're all friends.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#105re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 4:07pm

She probally will sing better then Idina

munkustrap178
#106re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 4:10pm

I tried to straighten this out PAGES ago, but clearly no one listened.

BRITNEY SPEARS STARRING IN WICKED IS FALSE.

She was quoted saying that she would LIKE to be in the movie.

She has not been approached by any producers/directors.
THERE IS NO MOVIE ANNOUNCED FOR WICKET YET.

Clearly, either Tuttle is really REALLY dumb, or he doesn't know how to joke around. Either way, he's annoying me more than he usually does and it's time for this bull**** thread to come to an end.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Bwaybaby109
#107re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 4:15pm

that's exactly what I'm saying!!!!!!! there's nothing announced!!

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#108re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 4:58pm

Munk, think MILLION DOLLAR BABY: THE MUSICAL...

Calm down...

Personally I think Britney Spears commands such an awesome acting talent that she will be a real force to contend with. She really should have been Oscar nominated for Crossroads...damn Academy...she probably would have won as well.

I think she would make a SUPERB Elphaba.

Mr. Tuttle
#109re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 5:46pm

Thank you Paradox. Finally someone who makes sense here.

Universal Picturtes doesn't want Idina cause she like 29 and too old. Why do they have such old people in musicals?

paradox_error
#110re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 6:02pm

Old people can't act. This is a fact...

Look at Judi Dench? Could she sell make-up? No...because she's old.

Britney is young and beautiful and exceptionally talented. No way should they cast an old has-been like Idina as the best character in musical theatre!
Updated On: 3/20/05 at 06:02 PM

munkustrap178
#111re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 6:42pm

MILLION DOLLAR BABY was obviously a joke, and I made it clear over and over again.

This thread isn't so clear that it's a joke. People on this board really are as stupid as Tuttle was pretending to be, so I had to question it.

Plus, he didn't start the thread out as a joke. He started it out with a real quote saying Britney WANTS to play the role. If he wanted to make it a joke, he should have just said "BRITNEY CAST AS ELPHABA." It wasn't clear enough to be a joke, and was too obnoxious for me (and many other, might I add) to not know he was kidding.

futurewinnerbud
#112re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:26pm

Sorry to burst ur bubble Tuttle, but this same thing happened 2 years ago. Spears made a public announcement she wanted to play Eliza Doolittle in a Broadway production of My Fair Lady, and was seeking a possible producer to get the project going... and we all did this.... we argued about it... we freaked about it... and then it never happened... ever. Spears could maybe reach her fingers around Nessarose. Sorry, but its true. AND for you to say 29 is OLD is... well... umm isnt Spears 26 or 27... not that much of an age difference there. And with all the smoking and drinking Spears does, she looks 3 or 4 years OLDER than Menzel. If they have to bring in a pop star to play Elphaba, bring in someone who has the range and who we dont have to worry about... like... Beyonce? She cant really act, but hey she can sing like NO OTHER. AND if Spears ever was going to do that movie, they'd cast her as Galinda. She's too perky, happy, and short to play the dynamic and serious Elphaba. Its a generalization fo the character... get over it. She wouldnt come off right as Elphaba. But her as Galinda could work... maybe a 30% chance. Ohhh and whoever said she has been nominated for a Tony... (if this has been mentioned sry) she did Ruthless off-Broadway for like half a year... thats all. Then she got Mickey Mouse Club. End of Story in that section.

paradox_error
BroadwayBest Profile Photo
BroadwayBest
#114re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:48pm

Mr. Tuttle 'been smokin' da crack!

"The most celebrated are the rehabilitated"

Mr. Tuttle
#115re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 8:50pm

Why do you say Munk that it's not being made into a movie???

They said it was on E! And they EVEN showed a picture of Britany.

Is that enough proof to you and Bwyblabby? gee. Get a life.

Bwaybaby109
#116re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 10:11pm

ya know...i don't like being called that name for the first part. 2nd of all I'm really trying to be nice and you are pushing my button! enough!!!! I'm sick of this, I don't know why I'm wasting my precious time arguing about this. You're a being a real jerk to me and to everyone else! Stop it!! Let this post die already, it's getting old. You get a life!!!

Updated On: 3/20/05 at 10:11 PM

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#117re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 10:28pm

Relax. Relate. Release.

It was a joke people.

Tutty is fooling around.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Mr. Tuttle
#118re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 11:12pm

I'm sorry that I'm trying to discuss important information to the theater community.

Granted, it is not as important as "How Many Tonys Will BKLYN Win", but nevertheless, I am trying to have intelligent discussion.

It's just sad that there are so many Britany haters here. The woman is talented, won an Emmy and now will be in the movie version of Wicked. Just because you don't want to admit it doesn't mean it won't happen. Was it not on E!? Was it not in a major newspaper? Just because you all like Lindsey Lohan you have to hate. I guess if Adam was in it you'd all love it. Hey what if Michael Arden was in it! Then you'd all be like best friends. I'm sorry I tried to have an intellectual discussion.

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#119re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 11:15pm

LOL! Omgoshness, reading this thread is making me crack up so hard. Just even picturing Britney as Elphie is just so hilarious.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

Mr. Tuttle
#120re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 11:34pm

MissMon..I fail to see the humor in this.

Do you see Bwdylady laughing?

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#121re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 11:39pm

Hehehe. Can't....stop....laughing! ^_^

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#122re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/20/05 at 11:41pm

Oh Lord, let the hijinks continue...

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Mr. Tuttle
#123re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/21/05 at 12:10am

HA! Ya'll

Even the author of Wicked WANTS Britany.

Read:

"It turns out that Elphaba and Glinda were college roommates. And as ironic as it seems, without Elphaba's positive influence Glinda would likely have never become anything more than a gregarious, but dim, trophy wife. It's like a young Gloria Steinem befriending Brittany Spears."

http://www.northbay.com/entertainment/onstage/18wicked_q12.html

If the author wants her, then she's in. Where does he mention Idina? Oh wait..he doesn't. Ha ha.

Bwaybaby109
#124re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
Posted: 3/21/05 at 12:22am

how does it say Gregory Macguire wants Britney? I don't understand. it's saying they are like britney and gloria.