as long as you're mine

#0as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 8:58pm

Hey guys, sorry i did a search on this, i promise! I am looking for the video of Idina and Taye singing As Long As You're Mine, but I can't find it anywhere...anyone have the link? thanks a lot!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#1re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 8:59pm

maybe her website?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

MissMonika Profile Photo
MissMonika
#2re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 9:01pm

did you try idinamenzel.net. that has a lot of good stuff.

Yes, I'm pinay. And I'm proud of it!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#3re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 9:02pm

http://idinamenzel.net/sounds.htm

scroll down a little

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

#4re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 9:34pm

thanks a lot!

LaeloftheLakes Profile Photo
LaeloftheLakes
#5re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 9:38pm

Does anyone remember Aslongasyouremine? 'Slong? We had some good times...

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---
Intolerant of intolerance.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#6re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:16pm

my friend sells tapes of broadway shows and has the whole performance of taye diggs as fyiero. pm if u are intrested.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

ashley0139
#7re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:22pm

umm... isn't that illegal?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#8re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:22pm

isn't that illegal?
EDIT: I'm talking about the tapes.

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad
Updated On: 3/30/05 at 10:22 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#9re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:23pm

Very much so. Keep that kind of talk to PMs.

"I am special, I am special! Please, God, please, don't let me be normal!" ---Louisa, The Fantasticks
---
---

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#10re: as long as you're mine

i guess i'd better...

isn't that illegal?

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#11re: as long as you're mine

great minds think alike, ashley.

re: as long as you're mine

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad

ashley0139
#12re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:27pm

lol. I was talking mostly about having a video of the performance, which would be a bootleg, which would be illegal. But you could play that card with anything they are talking about.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#13re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:39pm

Definitely illegal to make a profit on bootlegs.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#14re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:41pm

of course it is...

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Updated On: 3/30/05 at 10:41 PM

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#15re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:45pm

Yeah, Kangaroo, you just reminded me that I owe you a PM, don't I? *eyes boring into head*

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

LaeloftheLakes
#16re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:49pm

Now, Kangaroo, "illegal" isn't necessarily the same as "wrong". I mean, it's illegal to bathe with an orange in California, but is it wrong? What of someone who wanted desperately to see a show that had closed before they could get to it, and someone offered them a quality video for a good price? What's so wrong about that?

---
---

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#17re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:50pm

honestly? I dont' know what's wrong with batheing an orange in CA

I do know that it is illegal, but if you want to ask me... I would buy the video too. I know that I wasn't a fan of Miss Saigon until after Lea Salonga and I would love to see it... so I understand what you are saying lael............ it is illegal, but not wrong... but if everyone did it, then how would the professionals ever make enough money?

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Updated On: 3/30/05 at 10:50 PM

LaeloftheLakes
#18re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:54pm

Are you saying that people who are interested enough in musical theater to hunt down traders and pay money for bootlegs would stop seeing live theater? I highly doubt that. But for someone with no other opportunity to see their favorite show, it sounds like a very acceptable idea. It would be a different idea if videos of closed shows were available legally.

---
---

Type_A_Tiff
#19re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 10:55pm

Unless you squirt the person next to you with the citrus juice.

re: as long as you're mine

Well, I don't think that making any money off illegal videos is fair, nor do I think it should be allowed to tape shows (mainly because then every asshole with a video camera would distract the actors and everyone around them fidgeting with their gadgets) but I think if videos do circulate, it shouldn't be much (or any) more than it costs for a tape and S&H. Problem is you know there's a chance that the person you send that tape too will sell it at a profit, so you want a cut as well.

Edited because my grammar is crap.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 3/30/05 at 10:55 PM

PerhapsACreamPuff Profile Photo
PerhapsACreamPuff
#20re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 11:24pm

Yeah, I agree 100% with Tiff.

And in any case, it's a retarded idea to go around offering boots on this board in public. Regardless of the principle, they ARE illegal, and Equity WILL have your ass.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Hilda, Hilda, wake up! I've invented a maneuver.

Type_A_Tiff
#21re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/30/05 at 11:26pm

Not to mention a bunch of angry BWW addicts (such as myself) once Rob is forced to shut this place down after the producers come down on his ass.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#22re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/31/05 at 12:46am

I don't think selling bootlegs is right at all (or fair to the actors and producers etc) but I have to admit that I wish they would record shows legally and professionally for those of us who can't make a trip to NY to see the shows. The cast recordings are great but it's not the same as seeing it and you do get a bit tired of just hearing the songs and not being able to see the people singing or the choreography. I wish they would tape one performance of the show and put it on DVD or something.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Type_A_Tiff
#23re: as long as you're mine
Posted: 3/31/05 at 12:49am

I totally agree. Granted, there would still be bootlegging because people would want a record of a certain actor or time period, etc., but it would be a start, and at least the performers and producers will make some money from it. (Actually, do performers get any royalties from OB/LRs?)

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier

Videos