IN the Full Monty...

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#0IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:30pm

Do they really show the "full monty"? I have never seen the show before and I am going this weekend...and I am taking my mom :-o (Don't worry I am all gorwn up and not worried about being embarrassed, I just wnat to be able to prepare her for it)

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:31pm

On Broadway, yes, they took off all of their clothes. But the lights were so bright when they finally finished the strip scene that you couldn't see anything.

... except when the lights malfunctioned. re: IN the Full Monty...

A work of art is an invitation to love.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#2re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:35pm

hmm...well since I live in BFE of course I am going to the tour version and am just curious lol

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

MTRBOI24
#3re: IN the Full Monty...

Yeah, you normally cant see anything (although they do take it all off.) When I saw it I was to the extreme right of the theatre and saw the outlines=). mmmmmmmm Chris Hanke.....

MTRBOI24

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: IN the Full Monty...

I think the tour's probably the same.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#5re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 5:37pm

LMAO...my mom is going to die..we are in the Orch too..hee hee...SHould I bring a camera to catch the look on her face? She is new to musicals and such

idunno
#6re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 6:53pm

sent you a pm

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#7re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 8:31pm

I saw the Tour productiond in San Diego. The lighting is so that you can't see anything (believe me I was watching intently), but the cast said they were Full Monty in the write-ups about the show.

I've been listening to the score. I had forgot how good it is. Only song I don't like is Michael Jordan's Ball. I know it's a great number on stage, but on CD it leaves me flat.

Have fun, I hope the cast is a good one.

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#8re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 8:38pm

I sat front row when I saw the show. Those bright lights don't hide a thing when you're sitting that close. re: IN the Full Monty...

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

RentBoy86
#9re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 8:55pm

my dad and i went when it came to Alabama. I had to see the songs performed live cause I love love love the score. The only songs i hate are the one that Horse sings and the one that the older lady sings at the rise of Act 2. Other than that, i love it!

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#10re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/5/05 at 11:15pm

I'm doing the show this summer, as Harold (I think it's the first regional production of it--it opens right after the tour ends). I asked the director about the nudity and he said we're going to also do the light trick, but we're going to have on flesh-colored thongs as a back-up re: IN the Full Monty...

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#11re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 12:42am

RB86-It's interesting that you picked my two favorite songs - as your least favorite. I love "Big Black Man" (Horse's song) because it's so politically incorrect - playing up to so many stereotypes. I think it's hilarious. And "Jeanette's Showbiz Number" is just such a great number for an older actress. Kathleen Foreman from the OBC was superb in that role and the song so fits her voice. I love both of those numbers. For comedy numbers, they are about top of the bill if you ask me.

I, also, like "Breeze Off the River" which is a more serious song and almost sounds like a pitch to get radio play.

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#12re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 5:50am

I just saw the tour this weekend. They do show the full monty, but as was mentioned before, the lights are so bright, even from the fifth row where I was sitting, you couldn't see anything. Have fun!

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#13re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 5:53am

Well, if they hadn't gone all the way upstage to stand directly infront of the lights... ahem. re: IN the Full Monty...

My favorite song is "You Walk With Me", just for the record.

#14re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 6:05am

Feel free to bring moms, dads, aunts and uncles to the show...the guys do take it all off, but they're backlit, so that you only see their silhouettes.

The Full Monty is very well staged, with a great script, modern music and clever jokes. I think it's a great first theater experience for anyone over the age of 17.

mlsheehan, it cracks me up that you mention Kathleen Freeman being so good in the role of Jeanette...I worked at the show when it was on Broadway and the woman was CONSTANTLY forgetting her lines and futzing up her song--at LEAST every two nights. No one ever figured out what the problem was, as far as I know...but MAN, was it painful to watch.

I saw Carol Woods on the first national tour...thank God for her. She nailed Jeanette.

And oh yeah...too many favorite songs to mention. "Big Ass Rock," "Big Black Man," "You Walk With Me," "Let It Go"...how do you choose??

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#15re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 7:19am

Actually if you were in like the first row or something (my friend was) you can see like everything (or from her seat at least but they might have messed up that night)

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

BwayTheatre11
#16re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 7:49am

"I saw Carol Woods on the first national tour...thank God for her. She nailed Jeanette."

Carol Woods...as in Big Mamma in Chicago?

CCM '10!

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#17re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 9:24am

Well, I was halfway back in the orchestra section and, while the lights kept me from "seeing" anything, you couldn't mistake Patrick Wilson's "anatomy" being released . . . . OMG.

". . . POP . . ."

beacon1
#18re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 9:38am

Hanna,

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH

*giggles giddily*

The rumors are true??!!

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#19re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 10:02am

Well, not only that, but I was in the 2nd row of the Orchestra for Oklahoma and those chaps Patrick wore in the title number . . . . . DROOLLLLLLLL!!

". . . POP . . ."

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#20re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 10:51am

Thanks guys!!

Janki Profile Photo
Janki
#21re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 11:05am

Well, Jarrod Emmick showed everything a coupla times in London...hihi...he's cute!

Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)

#22re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 8:56pm

"Carol Woods...as in Big Mamma in Chicago?"

Had to look that up, but...yep, it appears to be the same actress!

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#23re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 9:09pm

I saw the tour - they were very good.

Singing/acting wise

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#24re: IN the Full Monty...
Posted: 4/6/05 at 9:44pm

Truthlasso thanks for the story. It's always interesting to get some backstage info. I was referring to the OBCR only since I also saw the touring production. I like her rendering on the CD.

I wonder if she had difficulty with her performance because she was sick. I remembered reading somewhere that she died shortly after leaving the show. I just looked it up on IBDB, and it looks like she passed away just a few days after her last recorded performance.

Anyway, that's one of my favorite songs in the show.

Videos