News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

RENT movie trailor releases next month??

RENT movie trailor releases next month??

DTBG2
#0RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:43pm

anyone else heard this?

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#1re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:48pm

No.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#2re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:48pm

Yes, Harry Knowles of the Ain't It Cool News website visited the set a couple of weeks ago and apparently heard that a trailer might be coming out in about a month.
Updated On: 4/23/05 at 11:48 PM

DTBG2
#3re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:50pm

okay...cuz i heard it from a somewhat unreliable source.

One Song Glory
#4re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:57pm

hmmm, a RENT trailor next month, ay? I may have to start flipping channels if I want to see it.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/23/05 at 11:58pm

Perhaps attached to Star Wars?

What films are released in May?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

One Song Glory
#6re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 12:11am

Kingdom of Heaven
House of Wax
Kicking and Screaming
Madagascar

Other than Star Wars those are the only movies I remember that are gonna be released in May but I doubt if any of them will have a full RENT trailor.

Updated On: 4/24/05 at 12:11 AM

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#7re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 12:13am

I assume if a trailer is going to be released it will be a teaser. Its too early to put out a full trailer.

need to defrag my brain.

FosseBoi
#8re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 12:23am

What ever movie company is producing RENT, will attach it to one their movies. So which of those movies is produced by whatever moovie comp. is doing RENT?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

musicalmjk Profile Photo
musicalmjk
#9re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 12:44am

well RENT is a Sony released picture i think

need to defrag my brain.

FosseBoi
#10re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 12:59am

Well, what Sony movies are coming out in May?

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

AmaraCaledonia
#11re: RENT movie trailor releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 1:28am

I would look out for it on House of Wax if any of them. I know they showed that trailer on a TON of Sony movies, so the studios may have a deal or something going on *shrugs*

"There's a butt naked princess, lounging in a bed, calling your name. What exactly didn't you realize? Before our wedding night, pack up some of that dried monkey meat and have the royal cartographer draw you a map of the female body, captain. Maybe then you'll be more inclined to come explore!"

gretchenrose Profile Photo
gretchenrose
#12re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 1:58am

It actually might not be a trailer showing before another Sony movie...There is a trailer for HP4 (under WB Pictures) that is being released during Kicking & Screaming, a New Line Picture...however, both WB & New Line are owned by Time Warner...

http://www.one.org

FabalaYero85
#13re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 2:40am

the trailer would most likely be attached to a film coming out between mid May-Early June...it makes the most sense

hmm...

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#14re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 3:09am

Yeah, as of right now I didn't even think they'd have enough edited and public-ready footage to put into a full trailer. I know they've been filming for a while but they still need to clean it up for public viewing etc. So my opinion is that if a trailer does come out in a month or so, it would be a teaser with fairly little actual footage but you never know. I'd be damn excited for anything, that's for sure! re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 10:47am

I'm scared. I'm recruiting people to hold my hand while I watch this trailer.

Scared, but SO excited.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

One Song Glory
#16re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 11:09am

I'm scared but excited as well to watch the trailor. I'll hold your hand Emcee mybe it will make both of us feel better.

Em-LEE
#17re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 11:14am

Everyone is talking about seeing the trailer before the movie, but if any of you have Comcast ON DEMAND you can see a ton of trailers. If you go on ON DEMAND and click on the movies button, then click on the trailers button, they have a bunch of different trailers for movies being released by all the studios. I remember I went there last year and was excited to see the POTO teaser trailer in July.
Updated On: 4/24/05 at 11:14 AM

KelRel Profile Photo
KelRel
#18re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 11:21am

They post lots of trailers on iTunes

"All the while making faces like a baby platypus who forget to take some Beano before eating a chimichanga." FindingNamo in reference to Jessica Simpson's singing.

playbill_signer_05 Profile Photo
playbill_signer_05
#19re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 11:46am

Emcee, I think I'm going to have to recruit people to do that too.

SO scared (but excited).

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#20re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 1:13pm

Film studios pay to put trailers in front of films not by their production companies. Not a secret - happens all the time.

Still, because the general public doesn't know RENT, I'd imagine HOUSE OF WAX is what will happen. It depends on the marketing strategy.

Another possibility is that it debuts on an entertainment news program, such as ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT or EXTRA. This also happens a lot with teasers, and even full trailers. Happened with the 2003 film PETER PAN.

If it debuts on an entertainment news TV program, this means it'll be online within 3 days after it airs, and 2 weeks later it'll be in theatres.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#21re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/24/05 at 2:28pm

Sony's next two releases are State of the Union April 29th and Lords of Dogtown June 3rd, but as Capn Hook said, the trailer could appear in front of any film, or on TV first.

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#22re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/26/05 at 12:05am

That's so exciting! I have to go to one of those movies, I want to see the trailer in theatres.

boatsintheghetto Profile Photo
boatsintheghetto
#23re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/26/05 at 9:31am

doubt it owuld be in madagascar...too much of a kiddie movie to have a preview for a movie such as Rent

MissNY
#24re: RENT movie trailer releases next month??
Posted: 4/26/05 at 9:39am

House of Wax is probably a good bet, same target audience pretty much. But as most people are saying, it'll probably be a teaser with graphics and voice over, with little or no actual film footage

Videos